PDA

View Full Version : encyclopedia of the common man STILL GLITCHED

SneakyCharlie
11-22-2012, 06:31 PM
So I installed the patch but the glitch it's still there. I STILL don't get my trophy and my farmers ARE STILL 3/3 AND NO ENTRY. WHAT THE ACTUAL F**CK UBISOFT????

Lord-Geonik
11-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Dude I have the same problem ... my entries are all there and it says that the logbook is updated in the manor but the effing quest is still there ... !!!

SneakyCharlie
11-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Did you get the trophy?

Lord-Geonik
11-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah I got the trophy... I did the trick with the lady making butter to unlock it but the quest is still there so no memento for me in the manor !

LuisSarta
11-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Send a ticket for Ubisoft Support, fill the mailbox.

SneakyCharlie
11-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Can you please tell me where do I find that lady with the butter?

Lord-Geonik
11-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Its the wife of one of the woodworkers. Right outside theyr house you see a very thin but tall barel with a stick inside it. It is used to make butter . W8 for the lady to come and use it !

SneakyCharlie
11-22-2012, 07:06 PM
They don't do anything. I've been wandering around for half an hour. Neither of them even looked at it :(

Lord-Geonik
11-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Did you find the spot ? If yes then u must w8 for the wife to use it ! It worked for anyone just be patient ! ;)

deathdealer-7
11-22-2012, 07:15 PM
same problem here, just downloaded it and was psyched about it cuz id get the trophy, but i didnt get it or complete the quest. wtf r we supposed to do?

Lord-Geonik
11-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Well to get the torphy just do that with the butter... to get the memento who knows !

SneakyCharlie
11-22-2012, 07:40 PM
So the spot is near the house where they chop wood? I've seen their wives wash stuff, wash windows but never working on that butter thing. Is it just during the winter? because I'm doing it in the summer

pacmanate
11-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Cant believe this isn't fixed yet. N00bs.

GolfPro72
11-22-2012, 08:30 PM
You're saying the butter churning lady will actually give you the achievement if you have the 3/3 Farmer glitch? Or is this a PS3 fix only?

Staple-Tape
11-22-2012, 08:43 PM
You're saying the butter churning lady will actually give you the achievement if you have the 3/3 Farmer glitch? Or is this a PS3 fix only?

Nope, nothing here. Still no achievement. Still no Platinum. Still disappointed.

ConnorGSXR
11-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Does anybody know a way for this to be fixed? I am stuck with the same as everybody else here on this forum, the Farmers 3/3. It seriously is getting on my nerves now. Ubisoft have actually screwed us over on this one. We were guaranteed this would be fixed in this "Thanksgiving Update" but nothing has changed in the slightest except from Connor's hood being up out of the homestead. I have tried everything, scanning the lumberer's wife churning butter, following Prudence about everywhere like a bad smell and scanning every other artisan on the homestead. I'm furious that this hasn't been fixed. I feel like its abit ignorant that Ubisoft haven't said anything about this at all, its been happening since last night when 360's got the patch even they were experiencing this problem and still no sign from anybody in Ubisoft to verify if there is a specific way to get this done or anything. Finally, does anybody else have any other suggestions or other things to try and see if this works? Thanks if you post back.

Connor.

Staple-Tape
11-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Try the other thread about this. You don't need to make a new one.

ConnorGSXR
11-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Already have, nobody has given the answers that I am looking for!!

LuisSarta
11-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Nope, nothing here. Still no achievement. Still no Platinum. Still disappointed.

Me too, me too...

Staple-Tape
11-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Already have, nobody has given the answers that I am looking for!!

Well what makes you think you'll get one from starting a new thread then? Obviously no one has the answer.

deathdealer-7
11-22-2012, 08:54 PM
got trophy by scanning warren(farmer) plowing fields even though all me entries were 3/3, still no memento...

ConnorGSXR
11-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Well what makes you think you'll get one from starting a new thread then? Obviously no one has the answer.

But someone who sees this might have and the other threads are getting too polluted with other issues.

Staple-Tape
11-22-2012, 08:56 PM
But someone who sees this might have and the other threads are getting too polluted with other issues.

Did you even read the other thread? It's only about this issue. They are both the exact same thread with the exact same problem.

ConnorGSXR
11-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Yeah I have been reading them since 7 o'clock last night. Well maybe somebody mite be kind enough to tell me a solution!

Staple-Tape
11-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah I have been reading them since 7 o'clock last night. Well maybe somebody mite be kind enough to tell me a solution!

People have already posted their solutions in the other thread.

AT ONE SIR
11-22-2012, 09:04 PM
I had the same problem and was quite frustrated after re-scanning all the people. Plus it's creepy to just hang around watching them.

I ended up going to the farm and scanning the guy after he was carrying a crate and the achievement popped. The encyclopedia is still listed in the log menu, but I did finally get it after checking on the book upstairs in the homestead.

Hope this helps someone, and happy turkey day to anyone celebrating. Going to get the Assassin Turkey for fun later.

ConnorGSXR
11-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Non have worked for me so I decided to post a thread asking for solutions.

Staple-Tape
11-22-2012, 09:07 PM
I had the same problem and was quite frustrated after re-scanning all the people. Plus it's creepy to just hang around watching them.

I ended up going to the farm and scanning the guy after he was carrying a crate and the achievement popped. The encyclopedia is still listed in the log menu, but I did finally get it after checking on the book upstairs in the homestead.

Hope this helps someone, and happy turkey day to anyone celebrating. Going to get the Assassin Turkey for fun later.
You know, that probably would help me if I didn't scan all of the farmers' activities prior to the patch.

MT4K
11-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Merged threads. It's a shame people are still having problems with this :(.

OKMAN_
11-22-2012, 10:41 PM
I also scanned all activities for farmers prior to the patch. It is my last trophy.....FIX THIS!!!!!!

GolfPro72
11-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Me too, me too...

Same. Still nothing.

AT ONE SIR
11-23-2012, 03:52 AM
You know, that probably would help me if I didn't scan all of the farmers' activities prior to the patch.

I scanned them all before too. My bad if I didn't mention that in the beginning. Just thought I would try to help you with a solution to your problem.

Enjoy your animus.

bitebug2003
11-23-2012, 04:05 AM
I scanned the farmers prior to the patch (Sequence 6 - 7)
I'm currently in Winter (Sequence 9 again!) and all he does it dig snow (blue highlight) and all she does is bake bread (red), but it says I already scanned her, and I am not restarting the game for a 3rd time.

That also means the ADB won't be complete either without the Farmer Log entry.

I said before and I'll say it again - ACIII was no where near ready for release - I wish developers would see sense rather than just thinking about $$'s

It's outrageous :(

DEAtH_NotE15
11-23-2012, 05:24 AM
Still glitched after the patch was released. 3/3 on farmers and its not completing the entries. All activities scanned be
fore patch

andrea90rm
11-23-2012, 12:23 PM
+1! still glitched...i tried to do all the various solutions founded in the web.....ubisoft help us!

SneakyCharlie
11-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Maybe if we scan something that we haven't scanned before. The problem is I scanned everythig there is to scan, even the one at the windmill. Can somebody please list all activities to see if we missed some?

hypervillain
11-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi all, allow me to share my experience:

Maybe if we scan something that we haven't scanned before.

That was exactly what fixed my problem - I had the 3/3 Farmer problem before the patch and kept trying to scan more activities. So I thought there's nothing left until I've finally unlocked the achievement after scanning a new activity - number 8 below.

I don't know enough of all the activities of the farmers but I'll try from memory:

1. Warren ploughing the fields
2. Warren harvesting/checking the crops? Anyway it involves kneeling on the fields with crops
3. Warren feeding the chickens
4. Prudence doing something to the harvested grains - cutting?
5. Prudence milking a cow
6. Prudence checking the crops
7. Prudence sweeping (I think?)
8. Prudence baking some bread

I'm sure there's more but I can't remember or I've never seen them before. Just a tip, I've finally solved my problem after experimenting if there are different activities between seasons/weather conditions. So if you've finished the game I'm sure you know there's a way to do what I did.

I hope that helps and good luck!

LuisSarta
11-23-2012, 02:47 PM
My farmers are 3/3 activities and I scan the same activities over and over, it's the same activities:

Warren ploughing the field; Warren harvesting; Warren feeding the chickens; Warren with the bees; Prudence milking a cow; Prudence harvesting, Prudence baking bread; Prudence cutting, Prudence watering.
I never see Warren in the windmill, or Prudence making butter.
F*** That

pacmanate
11-23-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm currently in Winter (Sequence 9 again!) and all he does it dig snow (blue highlight) and all she does is bake bread (red), but it says I already scanned her, and I am not restarting the game for a 3rd time.

I said before and I'll say it again - ACIII was no where near ready for release - I wish developers would see sense rather than just thinking about $$'s

woah, never thought a Global Mod would admit such things!

Baked_Cookies
11-23-2012, 05:52 PM
You have to wait or follow them around. They dont just come out and start doing the things you need them to do. Like for me to complete this mission and get the trophy I just hung around my homestead all day one day following people and then if they werent doing anything I would run off for awhile and come back. And usually by that time they were doing something I havent seen before.

montagemik
11-23-2012, 07:48 PM

Well farmers don't do much 'farming' in Winter , so wait for summertime.
Warren activities = Keeping bees , shoveling hay ,feeding chickens, ploughing a field, tending the crops, working at the windmill.carrying produce crates.
Prudence activities = Baking bread , processing flax/herbs, making butter, milking cows, plucking a chicken, herding the pigs.

I scanned a task for warren , then one for prudence, then one for warren again. (think both people have to be scanned, not just 1 person 3 times).
(hanging around the farm all the time doesn't always work either) go see others after scanning a task.
Try different days or memory sequences.
Best suggestion i can give - Sorry worked for me .

DeadManFloats
11-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Still waiting for this to be actually fixed too. Wonder if they just fixed it for people who hadn't started scanning the farmers or whatnot.

GolfPro72
11-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Hey all, I can confirm that Warren does in fact go to the windmill. I got him scanned up there today, and the achievement popped and the log updated. One thing to note about this is that you won't see him walk up to the windmill - he will literally just appear there, so if you stand by the windmill and keep tabs on him in the fields/by the farm and all of a sudden you can't see his icon on the map at all, check around the windmill (basically, just turn around), as he is likely there. Then scan, and assuming you haven't scanned it previously, it's good to go.

Just so everyone knows, this was on XBOX.

Hope that helps and good luck.

montagemik
11-24-2012, 09:56 PM
LOL , Silly me , thought i confirmed ALL warren & prudence activities already 24hrs ago ..... Oh i did :rolleyes: LOL

DemonLordSparda
11-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I think that the glitches with this are absolutely absurd. I mean I restarted the game just to get this, and it seems to work fine now. But people who played it right away should have the DB entry unlock right away with the 3/3 problem. Also even though I made a new game for it, the quest is STILL in my logbook and I have not received the memento for it. If you are going to fix an issue fix it properly. Also on a side note the Assassin Tomahawk has vanished from the homestead again after the patch. I equipped it from there once and now it's just gone.

Ubisoft I urge you to actually fix the issues you say you are going to fix, and do it fully.

Torvaldesq
11-25-2012, 02:49 AM
Just wanted to add in my experience post-patch. The quest is STILL glitched, though I got my trophy. I suppose if the trophy was the only thing I cared about, then that would be the end of it. But then again, the type of people who like to get trophies are also the type of people who tend to be completionists. The quest itself ought to be complete and out of my active quest log, and the memento for completing the quest ought to be in the manor. Instead, the quest is showing everyone's entry is done, but doesn't complete, and the memento space for it in the manor remains empty.

It really seems like Ubisoft is barely making an effort here. This was something they clearly knew about - the **** patch refers to the problem - and yet it remains broken. And this isn't some esoteric bug buried in the gameplay of Connor on some mission. It's a simple thing. It's a list. A list that counts to completion, then completes, or ought to have completed.

ZephyrStrife
11-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Well mine miraculously worked today. I have the same problem with having the farmers 3/3 activities scanned, but not being given the secondary check of having farmers activities marked in the log book (farmers entry completed. Log updated). For some odd reason or another, I went to try and scan some more farmer activities and the achievement still didn't pop...so I randomly checked my logbook. The lumberers had been reset back to 2/3 activities recorded when I previously already had the 3/3 previously scanned. Went to scan the lumberers and lo and behold, the achievement popped.

Double check your logbook guys, it does some funny reset when you restart the game.

Torvaldesq
11-27-2012, 02:26 AM
Well mine miraculously worked today. I have the same problem with having the farmers 3/3 activities scanned, but not being given the secondary check of having farmers activities marked in the log book (farmers entry completed. Log updated). For some odd reason or another, I went to try and scan some more farmer activities and the achievement still didn't pop...so I randomly checked my logbook. The lumberers had been reset back to 2/3 activities recorded when I previously already had the 3/3 previously scanned. Went to scan the lumberers and lo and behold, the achievement popped.

Double check your logbook guys, it does some funny reset when you restart the game.

Does the quest still appear in your logbook and did the memento unlock in the manor? I'm just curious whether or not that part of the bug is remaining consistently even for those of us that got the trophy / achievement to get unlocked. Or if some people get the memento and the quest moved out of their log and others don't. Or if anyone knows a way to get it to complete the quest and get the memento when the log just stays there saying the quest is open despite having all scans and entries done.

I have sent a support ticket, so I'll see if I get any information back from that.

montagemik
11-27-2012, 03:08 AM
What does the Encyclopedia Memento actually look like ??

RobbiWanKenobi
11-27-2012, 03:42 AM
I can confirm that scanning Warren at the windmill worked too and cheeve finally popped. I thought I scanned all activities and luckily I didn't see/know about that one. Still pissed about all the hours I wasted for this achievement.

Staple-Tape
11-27-2012, 03:57 AM
I can confirm that scanning Warren at the windmill worked too and cheeve finally popped. I thought I scanned all activities and luckily I didn't see/know about that one. Still pissed about all the hours I wasted for this achievement.

That is all I have left to do but he is never at the windmill. This might take a while.

Nefentari
11-29-2012, 02:05 AM
I've already scanned 8 (or 9, can't remember) activities, including the windmill, and yet I still haven't gotten the ******************** trophy!
Come on, Ubisoft, fix the **** bug!

mhg87
11-29-2012, 04:25 AM
Scanned 3 farmer's activities and no problems. I guess I got lucky.

ZephyrStrife
11-29-2012, 04:26 AM
Does the quest still appear in your logbook and did the memento unlock in the manor? I'm just curious whether or not that part of the bug is remaining consistently even for those of us that got the trophy / achievement to get unlocked. Or if some people get the memento and the quest moved out of their log and others don't. Or if anyone knows a way to get it to complete the quest and get the memento when the log just stays there saying the quest is open despite having all scans and entries done.

I have sent a support ticket, so I'll see if I get any information back from that.

No. No it did not (remaining in my logbook and no memento). Now I'm sad. My china cabinet will never be complete now!!!!!!!!!!!

Torvaldesq
12-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Well, I finally got a response from Ubisoft support. They told me to try and delete my gamesave utility file and redownload the patch / dlc. I did that, and nothing changed. They also said to try deleting Save File A, which would prompt the game to load Save File B (apparently a backup save). However, nowhere in the PS 3 save utility data or anywhere else did I see a "Save File A" to delete. I thought maybe it's stored in some area outside the normal save data utility and tried deleting that to see if a second backup would be prompted, but all that did was totally delete the save from the game. (I'm not reckless though, I had a backup in online storage to restore my file, which is at 100%)

As far as I can tell, for people who had the 3/3 Farmer glitch, provided you have some activity you have not scanned yet, you can still get the trophy (which must activate based upon getting the database entries unlocked). However, the actual quest being completed in the game and removed from your log doesn't appear to happen, unlike EVERY other quest in the game. You also do not get rewarded any memento, and there's a single blank spot in my display case for mementos.

I've been assuming this is a bug, but maybe the quest never leaves the log for anybody who finishes it normally, and maybe the blank space is just intended and there is NO memento associated with the Encyclopedia (I originally had read another thread where someone referenced a memento from it, but maybe that person was just making as assumption and didn't know themselves).

Anyone else know if there's a memento from the Encyclopedia quest or if the quest remaining in the log is a bug or just something that happens with people who never experienced the 3/3 glitch in the first place anyway?

montcer9012
12-13-2012, 04:16 AM
I still having this issue... Ubisoft sucks.

dannymorass
12-13-2012, 05:01 AM
i did not experience the glitch and i did not get a memento in the china cabinet just a completed book on a cofee table at the end of the hallway at the top of the stairs in the manor but it is still in my log book. however the other day i scaned something i hadnt scaned before and when i rechecked the animus database the farmer entry was not read evan thoughe i know i had already read it. witch makes me think that you have to scan all activitys for all homestead dwellers for this mission to disapear from your logbook and get the momento not just 3 of each. but than again i could be wrong, can anyone shead some light on this before i waste 10 hours of my life trying to get a fake plate to apear in a china cabinet that doesnt exist for no good reason other than to know that its full.

dannymorass
12-15-2012, 11:58 PM
figured out how to get the last momento. you have to loot 10 convoys in the frontier. the encyclopedia thing is a glitch and wont go away untill ubi fixes it