PDA

View Full Version : Can't use Xbox 360 Controller

Denilson0000
11-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Hi, I have a xbox 360 wireless controller receiver for pc, but i cant use it on my ACIII (not sure if it mathers but im on limited mode)
Thanks

KDolo
11-22-2012, 05:34 PM
I have the same problem, but my controller has a cord. Funny thing is it worked on the 20th, and then the 21st until about 6:00 pm

BenzyKen
11-23-2012, 10:33 PM
I have the same problem. Just got the game on the 23rd. Computer recognizes my controller but the game doesn't.

KronosJay
11-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Did you guys enabled the controller in the options? You'll need to go in your options using your mouse and keyboard and change your controls for the Xbox 360 controller! :rolleyes:

felppg
11-24-2012, 12:59 AM
This control works with xbox, but some commands like looting bodies and aim not work, someone more with this problem?

BenzyKen
11-24-2012, 09:38 PM
As I said, the computer recognizes the controller and the controller responds correctly to the test sequence in Windows 7. The game does not seem to recognize the controller. Is there some other menu either in windows or in the game that I need to access?

Denilson0000
11-24-2012, 09:46 PM
when i try to enable it, i just can see mouse and keyboard's options

bigtdp
11-25-2012, 07:34 PM
same problem here... some games need you to disable "HID-Compliant Game Controller" in device manager, but that isn't working with AC3...

controller is working fine on all other games installed at the moment (Fallout New Vegas, NFS Most Wanted, Skyrim, Dishonoured etc etc) so this is really annoying!

I can change between key/mouse & controller (it recognises it as an xbox 360 controller) in the options, but no buttons/sticks work. If I try to customise the controls, each entry says "!UNKNOWN" and doesn't respond when trying to press a button.

halp!

xTx

Phase71
11-25-2012, 08:22 PM
I had the some issue as most of you had. This is what solved it for me:

With your PC turned on, remove the 360 controller receiver from its USB port.
Reinsert the receiver in the USB port
Turn on the controller, check if it's communicating with the receiver by pressing the Xbox360 logo on the controller (the battery status should be displayed on-screen)
With your controller turned on, start ACIII from Uplay
Go to Options --> Controls and select the 360 controller

Everything should work now.

bigtdp
11-25-2012, 08:55 PM
I had the some issue as most of you had. This is what solved it for me:

With your PC turned on, remove the 360 controller receiver from its USB port.
Reinsert the receiver in the USB port
Turn on the controller, check if it's communicating with the receiver by pressing the Xbox360 logo on the controller (the battery status should be displayed on-screen)
With your controller turned on, start ACIII from Uplay
Go to Options --> Controls and select the 360 controller

Everything should work now.

Mine is a wired x360 controller - I've already tried unplugging and plugging the usb cable, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers etc, still doesn't work :|

any other ideas?

xTx

mrGREEKGaming
11-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Guys I had. The same problem while e.g. not in the menu when you first get into the game actually in game go to controls and then you can change it to the Xbox 360 controller you cannot in the main menu when you first launch the game only when you're actually physically in the game you can change the controller settings for some reason it does not save The controller settings then you have to change it every single time

Sant4
11-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Same problem, Xbox 360 simply doesn't work for some reason, then I got myself a ****ty 5€ controller for PC and it works.
Though I have to set up the key bindings everytime :/

bigtdp
11-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Guys I had. The same problem while e.g. not in the menu when you first get into the game actually in game go to controls and then you can change it to the Xbox 360 controller you cannot in the main menu when you first launch the game only when you're actually physically in the game you can change the controller settings for some reason it does not save The controller settings then you have to change it every single time

just tried this - still not able to use the controller, the controls all have "!UNKNOWN" in next to them in the "customise controls" section of the menu :/

tried my flatmate's controller too - not working either, but works on all the other games I have installed, as does mine :'(

there must be something wrong with the coding for the controller with this particular game, so I guess I've wasted 40 quid unless they bring out a patch to rectify the problem :/

xTx

felppg
11-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Ubisoft is aware of this problem? Where can we report this?