PDA

View Full Version : Things Which You Loved in ACIII? and Do we want another Connor Game?

catkiller97
11-22-2012, 03:45 PM
I loved How Ubisoft Showed American Revolution and naval Missions were Excellent.

Engaging Story and Awesome Side Quest !!!!

Character and Plot Development.

I Think i will definitely want to see atleast one more Connor Game :)

What do you guys think?

LightRey
11-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Well there are many things I absolutely loved about the game, but one of the things I feel I just have to mention is Connor's body language. The way he walks, moves, his facial expressions, I loved all of it. It's so amazing how you can see by just his body language whether he's talking to a good friend or to someone he's simply co-operating with.

egriffin09
11-22-2012, 04:56 PM
I agree with the OP points.
-The story progession is done extrememly well in how they build up the story leading to Connor and him becoming an assassin.
-So Many side quests (most of any AC game)
-Naval battles are a great change of pace if you want to get away from assassinating.
-Hunting provides a breath of fresh air as well
-Tree running and climbing cliffs is just awesome

I just started by 2nd playthrough after the patch was released and I liked Haythem's section on my first playthrough, but I must say Haythem's section of the game is even better the 2nd time around, i don't know why, but it is. His section is quite linear, but it is engaging and really interesting (I think it has to do with his aura and he's just a great character).

montagemik
11-22-2012, 05:09 PM
YES PLEASE - AC-4 New world order .
Have Connor train up Hunter - With Abstergos plans , we may not need to be blood related to a past protagonist anymore . So Hunters bloodline isn't relevant.
Connor could teach him all the skills he'd need & this could be why the whole 'Eagle sense' element was toned down in AC-3 , to prepare for ac-4 with it being no more than a slight bleeding effect of the Animus.
U.S. Civil war & Slave trade as the period - with an all out global call to arms for Templar & Assassin's alike in modern day . (They now have a common goal )

jenyto
11-23-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm a big fan of Character Relationship, since it adds lots of personality to the characters.

So I was really really happy when I saw the mission with Haytham and Connor. It's a real pity that there wasn't more and I would have love it if they had try to understood eachother, but alas, both are too stubborn.

Another thing I like is that the game doesn't try to make it a happy ending for Connor. Not that I'm happy that it ends in such a way, but in relation of the events, it was unavoidable.
I don't know why many don't like Connor, but I sympathise his plight and it's just heartbreaking to see how despite his side being the winner, his people were the biggest loser of the whole war. And like Achilles said, there is no happy ending.

Anyway, I do hope for another game with Connor, hopefully him trying to change things around with stopping slavery. But I doubt that it'll be a happy one yet again.
Guess I'm a sucker for tragic characters too.

Baked_Cookies
11-23-2012, 03:18 AM
Well I loved a lot about the game. The character development and the world around you to the smaller things like being able to run through trees and hunt which was a big plus for me. While the game has its fair share of BS to go with all the good its over all a game I loved in the series. All though I honestly had a hard time moving on from the Ezio/Altair characters as those were what I got so use to. I would like to see another Connor AC but I would kinda like to see something along the lines of Ezio and Altair time frame again. Something about being back in those times made the game seem so much more interesting. I like the ancient city and feel that the times had in the other Assassins Creeds but this was still a good addition for sure.

bigbssbalrog
11-23-2012, 03:37 AM
Alot, mainly how they portrayed the war and the Templars.

Conn3rKenw4y
11-23-2012, 03:57 AM
I think Conner is a great character to the series and i love how AC3 went in depth with emotion and facial expressions, it reveals another side to our protagonist. and i wouldent mind another Conner game. Alot of side missions, almost all are fun and exciting. i love the whole feel of the game, and visual. and my favorite thing is when Conner starts running for the fist 5 seconds. he really digs into the ground and i think it looks awesome! UBISOFT DID A GREAT JOB ON THIS!

SSJ_ORF
11-23-2012, 04:15 AM
We need another game with Connor just so he can grow a beard.

kriegerdesgottes
11-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Yeah I'm cool with another Connor game. I feel like he deserves at least one more to further develop his character and so we can go to the French Revolution as a mixed blood colonial. That would make for one awesome story.

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 04:29 AM
AC III sucks at being bad, I mean seriously..

It just SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS !!!!

BATISTABUS
11-23-2012, 04:40 AM
We need another Connor game!

Iamsosobad
11-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Naval and Captain Kidd missions, Homestead, frontier was pretty beautiful, l like that your recruits are real characters this time, with more abilties (although they're way too squishy and hard to level,) Templars were portrayed more like real people this time.

I'd want another Connor game if it's the French Revolution, maybe Aveline can come with him too. There's just so much potential in the French Revolution.

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 05:40 AM
AC III sucks at being bad, I mean seriously..

It just SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS !!!!
I like how it looks like at first glance you hated the game; but you said Sucks at bieng bad, saying it is sucky at being a bad game no-one can play, nice M, had me going for a moment

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Next game should be Connor in French Revolution. Here's how:

AC4: French Revolution up to Robespierre's execution.

AC5: post-Robespierre up to Napoleon's death.

AC6: Victorian England from 1850s, ends showing the next big Templar readying to take the stage, soon to be Kaiser Wilhelm II

Dexter_8x
11-23-2012, 08:07 AM
DEFINETLY ANOTHER GAME WITH CONNOR! maybe they could some how...add parts witch Achilles showing how he was back in the day. Kinda like when we saw Altair in Ezios visions

TrueAssassin77
11-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Connor needs a new game. simply needs it for futher character devolpment. his story doesn't even feel finished like ezio's did in AC2... and lo and behold

MasterAssasin84
11-23-2012, 11:44 AM
I would surely love to see Connor in a new game as I feel there is so much they can do with his Character , for example when you read the sequence description the last sequence clearly reads that Connor knows his work is far from over and maybe more emphasis on the Templars rather than combining it with the Revolution .

BeCk41
11-23-2012, 12:10 PM
In terms of character development, I dislike Connor.

He lacked a serious sense of humor, and I didn't find his personality all that nice to begin with. If Ubisoft does decide to include Connor in the next games, please make him not so serious all the time geese! *there I said it*
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/silly/rottentomato.gif

miguelag84
11-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Sure, that would be great! Although, I believe it would be greater to introduce other historical events such as the Imperial Russia, the French Revolution or the Japanese shogunate. :D

FirestarLuva
11-23-2012, 09:05 PM
I'd really love another game with Connor and Ubi are aware of it, which is a good thing! Before the game was released in an interview the devs said that they have seen many art and cosplays of Connor and are glad the reception is great even before release.
I love Connor since there's more to him than meets the eye. Connor's story is one of those that you won't fully understand if you don't pay much attention to it or have played it twice. What I love about Connor is that even though he's the protagonist, he doesn't have to necessarily be the good guy all the time or do the right thing, There were parts of the game where I didn't like him and had more sympathy for the bad guys and vice versa. And I especially loved the ending. Achilles words turned out true in the end, sadly; "In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it." Connor destroyed what he truly loved in his attempt to save it.

Vex_Assassin
11-23-2012, 10:08 PM
I'd like another game with Connor if it was set during the French Revolution. Not sure I'd like to go back to colonial America even though I really enjoyed the game! Even if they go back to colonial America I'll buy it :p

CalgaryJay
11-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Another minor element I really enjoyed was making it easier to simply restart missions (or last checkpoint spots) in the pause menu, mid-mission.

In past AC games, I'd always have a super stealthy plan of attack, then miss a jump & it turns into one big cluster**** of me having to fight every guard in the zone, leaving the entire mission with a sour, "what could have been" taste in my mouth. I know after you beat it, you could just go back in & re-do it through the DNA thing, but by then who cares, I've already beaten it.

But now, the second you blow it, you can just go to "reload last checkpoint" and start again. Love that, nice touch.

EDIT: And yes, absolutely want Connor in another game. My favourite AC protagonist to date. We've only had 6 sequences with him so far!

lightlamp
11-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Combat was the best thing about this game period.

Dagio12
11-23-2012, 11:38 PM
The new combat was great. The detail in physics and environments was awesome. The frontier and the wilderness was totally up my alley. I really loved the more gray area when it came to the assassins and the templars, made for a really great story that was not so cliche.

PS. Yes, I would love another game to expand on Connor.. maybe he travels to Europe for the French Revolution?!?!

TerpX
11-24-2012, 01:15 AM
In terms of character development, I dislike Connor.

He lacked a serious sense of humor, and I didn't find his personality all that nice to begin with. If Ubisoft does decide to include Connor in the next games, please make him not so serious all the time geese! *there I said it*
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/silly/rottentomato.gif

I have to agree. I hate to say it, but wow I miss Ezio. Yes, I know a lot of casual gamers couldn't stand the guy, but I just thought he was so badass. Take for example in ACII, when Ezio chases down Francesco de'Pazzi and hangs his lifeless body from a building, or when he goes on that killing spree of all of those templars afterword. I really think that Ezio was just a take no prisoners type of fighter with a personality to go with it. I didn't feel that way with Connor.

rileypoole1234
11-24-2012, 01:19 AM
I'd love another Connor game. I along with many others think it would be really cool to see Connor go to France during the revolution. I think it would be great to see an outsider's perspective, someone who isn't affiliated with either side, much like in AC3.

Avagantamoz
11-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Connor dies when he's 30. He's probably in his mid to early 20's when the game ends. We won't see another game with Connor. I'm not too disappointed though, **** kid can't even use throwing knives.

Wizlawz Rvlxnx
11-24-2012, 01:41 AM
i LOVE Free Roam and Open World,.... the ONE GAME i am really hoping for in some future day is one that plays like the Creeds but is a Sniper....ye MultiPlayer as well.

CalgaryJay
11-24-2012, 01:48 AM
I think French Revolution seems cool too, and a potential, natural follow-up DLC for Connor. My only concern however, is wouldn't that eliminate (essentially) the main element of AC3; the Frontier/natural environment? It'd just be back to pure urban environment then, which I don't think suits Connor very well. I guess they could do it, but it'd be strange.

War of 1812 could work, but then Connor would be about 60, older than even Ezio in ACR. Plus, I don't think anyone outside of Canadians care (or even know) about the War of 1812. Hell, Americans fought in it (actually the war where their national anthem was born) and I don't even think they care about that war.

Not really sure where they're gonna go next, hard thinking of a big event around this time that also features a vast natural environment.

Smikal
11-24-2012, 01:49 AM
I like that Connor is totally different from Ezio, just like Ezio was different from Al'tair. Ezio will always be the baddest bravo around, but the change in tone with Connor is solid. Ezio never seemed the sort to regret, Connor is left at the end wondering exactly what he's actually accomplished. That's cool. That Connor isn't a fun person is best highlighted through other characters, and there was certainly room for some lighter characters beyond the homesteaders.

The War of 1812, with Connor fighting under Tecumseh would be cool, especially in light of the epilogue. The naval stuff was so good ubi should seriously consider developing it into an open world pirate themed game, plus large amounts of dlc focusing on naval (naval multiplayer would be extra cool.)

Bullet747
11-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Absolutely. Connor's my favorite Assassin in the series.

CalgaryJay
11-24-2012, 01:55 AM
The War of 1812, with Connor fighting under Tecumseh would be cool, especially in light of the epilogue. The naval stuff was so good ubi should seriously consider developing it into an open world pirate themed game, plus large amounts of dlc focusing on naval (naval multiplayer would be extra cool.)

Nice, I didn't even think about the Tecumseh connection! That's actually a great fit.

Plus, there were plenty of naval battles in that war. More excuses to dust off the Aquila.

That, more redcoats, American patriotism (anthem, plus rebuilding the White House, which was burned down in this war)...It's all falling into place...

Jexx21
11-24-2012, 02:30 AM
I want another Aveline game; and Aveline should learn how to captain a ship from Connor- if she doesn't already know.

Aveline gives off a pirate vibe.

COBRAMORPH
11-24-2012, 04:48 AM
I'd rather more Haythan than Ratty. Haythan was awesome when they teamed up & how he talked to his son.

Ezio was a badass.
Haythan was a concieted jerk.
Ratty is, there. Not memorable in the slightest.