PDA

View Full Version : "This CD Key or Activation Code has been banned" Upon attempting to play AC3

urusaibaka
11-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I've just received my Assassin's Creed III "Freedom Edition", installed the game, launched uplay, however, now it's saying: "This CD Key or Activation Code has been banned. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support."

Current Fix:

Just got my new key from support, for anyone that does not yet have their key, visit the tech support.

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/ask

And supply them with pictures of the following:
1 picture of your activation key (on the manual)
1 picutre with proof of your purchase
and 1 picture with the bar code of your product

Then just wait for tech support to solve your problem and have fun!

DarkEchoxXx
11-22-2012, 03:19 PM
I've the same problem!!!!

Is it because its not released yet?? Doesn't make sense.

Please fix this asap!

urusaibaka
11-22-2012, 03:34 PM
The release date is today, so one would assume, you would be able to play it... today...

Send a question to tech support, let's see what the problem is...

Jadine
11-22-2012, 03:35 PM
I have the same problem.
I've received my Freedom edition today and after installing and starting the game through Uplay it says "This CD Key or Activation Code has been banned".
Is this because the game will be release here tomorrow (netherlands, europe)?

urusaibaka
11-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I also live in the Netherlands, it was supposed to be released today iirc?

Can someone confirm the actual release date? If it is in fact tomorrow I guess we'll just have to wait?

Jadine
11-22-2012, 04:16 PM
I've contacted Ubisoft, someone is working on it for me atm. He didn't mention anything about it not being released yet, so I don't think that's the problem.

Edit: Well the man on the phone made a ticket for tech support for me, but there doesn't seem to be happening anything with it now. I hope I can still play this evening.

parcival1608
11-22-2012, 04:34 PM
I have the same problem.

kokkel06
11-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Same here

CompuIves
11-22-2012, 04:49 PM
I got the same problem :S

luxor_mag
11-22-2012, 04:55 PM
You should read this article http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/22/assassins-creed-3-benelux-pc-shipment-half-inched-report/

Jadine
11-22-2012, 05:01 PM
You should read this article http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/22/assassins-creed-3-benelux-pc-shipment-half-inched-report/
Not sure if that's about my game. I bought it from the Ubi shop in June and have the Freedom pc edition, so no other shop involved.

chaojing1987
11-22-2012, 05:03 PM
.....I just got freedom edition, and has been banned...Are all the Keys banned?

Jadine
11-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Seems like it...
But is this Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg only or in other countries too?

kokkel06
11-22-2012, 05:06 PM
From what I have heard until now it's only these three countries, my freedom edition was banned too

silonater707
11-22-2012, 05:06 PM
I allso just got freedom edition, and the activation code has been banned!:mad:
terrible, I want to play the game!
Ubisoft do something please.

TheNiceSpy
11-22-2012, 05:14 PM
I've got Special Edition, and Uplay tells me my serial's invalid. I'm from Hungary. :mad:

urusaibaka
11-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Not sure if that's about my game. I bought it from the Ubi shop in June and have the Freedom pc edition, so no other shop involved.
I think ubisoft has banned all the special edition keys, for our locations.

kokkel06
11-22-2012, 05:37 PM
I just got a response from support, seems I need to send in proof of ordering and an picture of the barcode on the box

Dark-Link23
11-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Ubisoft decided to ban all special edition serial keys which are supposed to be shipped into the Benelux, the serial keys for the stolen Join or Die editions are also banned to isolate them.
I however have no clue when we'll be getting our correct keys, because this is pretty messed up.

Kokkel, what adress should we send it to?

zarakon
11-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Wow, why would they blacklist the keys? That wouldn't stop them from being sold, and would only screw over the unwitting end customer.

kokkel06
11-22-2012, 05:43 PM
I sent in a ticket to ubi support: http://support.ubi.com/en-GB/index.aspx
I can't quite rember how i made that ticket tough.

Dark-Link23
11-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Did you do it here:? http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/ask

kokkel06
11-22-2012, 06:06 PM
yes that looks correct

Ruttor
11-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Yup, so us Benelux'ers are screwed right now.

I did submit a ticket (and suggest you all do the same) containing the problem along with an invoice of the purchase (factuur), a photo of the serial code plus a photo of my ID (to verify my indentity is the same as on the invoice).

It does have to do with that stolen truck. Why all of a sudden our Freedom Editions also get blacklisted beats me (obviously they didn't get stolen as they were delivered by different means.)

For now it's a waiting game, but I wouldn't be surprised if it'll take a week for us to get a new key.
At least my Connor statue keeps me company..

-- **UPDATE** --

I received an email from the Ubisoft support team, 3 hours after I submitted my ticket.
It contained a working serial key.
So like I said before, "IF IT SAYS YOUR SERIAL CODE WAS BANNED, USE MY STEPS ABOVE".
If it says something different then use the same method, (your code was probably already used by an illegal key generator or something).

Good luck to everybody else and don't lose hope in Ubisoft!

G3rY89
11-22-2012, 06:30 PM
same here from Hungary, Freedom Edition :S

kubuss
11-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Same here.

Are seriously ALL the keys blocked? Is there anyone with a working key?

I can't believe they pulled this. What a ****move.

zarasesh
11-22-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't get that my key is banned, I get that it's invalid, I don't have the game on steam, I have the Join Or Die edition. I live in Sweden

zeldacorner
11-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Ubisoft really wants to attract haters, it seems to me. I mean, I - like many of you, it seems - ordered their "super special" freedom edition from their own shop for good money, and it was delivered this afternoon, as expected. In a box in plastic in a box in plastic IN A BOX THAT WAS SHUT WITH TAPE. I even wrote my signature on some computer-thingy. Then installing, installing, updating, installing, and updating again... And when, finally, I'm about to play the game, they banned my code, without any notification whatsoever? SERIOUSLY? You had better say sorry. SOON.

Tylon_Stone
11-22-2012, 07:05 PM
I have the Freedom Edition and I get the invalid cd key thing. Oh and I'm from Hungary too.

Acraidiii
11-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Well i went to buy assassin's creed freedom edition a few hours ago...the guy behind the counter told me about the theft that happened.
I was like, ew that's bad. As long it doesn't affect my game...
I was going home by bus, all happy and ****, installed it, updated...updated my Uplay and insert my activation code -> This CD key or activiation code has been banned...BLABLABLA!
I was like, NOT POSSBILE! called the store where i buyed it 1 minuted before it closed.
The guy was like "well yeh they've been banned because the theft and ****" all happy...he said that they will deliver new activation codes SATURDAY MORNING AROUND 10 A.M.

Conclusion: ppl in benelux...have to wait until saturday morning 10A.M.

hope i helped you guys...waiting 6months, another day is too much...

PLEASE UBISOFT fix this by tomorrow! D:

zeldacorner
11-22-2012, 07:29 PM
You know what's ever most annoying in these matters? They never reply until the problem's (as good as) solved. No "sorry, man", no "we're trying hard...", no status updates... nothing. We just seem to be ignored.

kubuss
11-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Well i went to buy assassin's creed freedom edition a few hours ago...the guy behind the counter told me about the theft that happened.
I was like, ew that's bad. As long it doesn't affect my game...
I was going home by bus, all happy and ****, installed it, updated...updated my Uplay and insert my activation code -> This CD key or activiation code has been banned...BLABLABLA!
I was like, NOT POSSBILE! called the store where i buyed it 1 minuted before it closed.
The guy was like "well yeh they've been banned because the theft and ****" all happy...he said that they will deliver new activation codes SATURDAY MORNING AROUND 10 A.M.

Conclusion: ppl in benelux...have to wait until saturday morning 10A.M.

hope i helped you guys...waiting 6months, another day is too much...

PLEASE UBISOFT fix this by tomorrow! D:
God****it, I really don't hope that this is their solution.

Where are you from, and what store did you call?

Acraidiii
11-22-2012, 07:35 PM
God****it, I really don't hope that this is their solution.

Where are you from, and what store did you call?

I live in belgium and buyed it at the gamemania.

zeldacorner
11-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Right I just got my new code! Check your mail, guys.

kubuss
11-22-2012, 07:37 PM
I live in belgium and buyed it at the gamemania.
Great, I bought it from Game Mania as well, but in the Netherlands. Probably same solution then.

Sigh. Today was the only day I could play, since I'm leaving for three days tomorrow. Good job Ubisoft.

Acraidiii
11-22-2012, 07:38 PM

I don't have a e-mail, did you asked for help or something?

kubuss
11-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Could you tell how long ago you send in your support ticket, and where you're from? So we all have an estimate on how long it can take!

Acraidiii
11-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Could you tell how long ago you send in your support ticket, and where you're from? So we all have an estimate on how long it can take!

How do you get your support ticket and what e-mail should i sent it to?

zeldacorner
11-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Of course. I'm from the Netherlands, like many of you, and I post my question about 20 minutes ago (reply in 7 minutes). Finally something is solved quickly.
Btw. for new readers: post your question here: http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/ask
... and type your barcode in the destined space. Good luck!

Jadine
11-22-2012, 07:48 PM
My ticket was made 4,5 hours ago, still no new key... :(

kubuss
11-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Of course. I'm from the Netherlands, like many of you, and I post my question about 20 minutes ago (reply in 7 minutes). Finally something is solved quickly.
Btw. for new readers: post your question here: http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/ask
... and type your barcode in the destined space. Good luck!
Hm, weird. I sent my support ticket a few hours ago, including photographic evidence, but no reply yet. Well, at least you can play!

SumiTomo
11-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Same problem here.. also contacted ubi tech support, still waiting for answer :)

Never mind, since i ordered it with the ubishop, they sended me a email with a new activation code in it..

Good luck to all,
im off playing right now ;)

urusaibaka
11-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Still waiting for a reply from Ubi Tech Support, oh well have fun to everyone that's playing it now :D

Acraidiii
11-22-2012, 08:01 PM
glhlgkgohlųgjdgkrpj....bleeeh...stupid move Ubi...STUPID MOVE!!!

urusaibaka
11-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Just got my new key from support, for anyone that does not yet have their key, visit the tech support.

kubuss
11-22-2012, 09:12 PM

I did exactly this... Hopefully they'll send me a new code soon :(.

winx777
11-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Im from Lithuania and I have AC III Deluxe Edition (RUS)Key then entering :"Key is not valid... try again." I just buy key in online shop whre the f. i get barcode ?:mad::mad::mad:

linda.kage
11-22-2012, 10:38 PM
I have the same problem, and I live in Sweden too. But the strange thing is that I could use my key once, and in reality, I would never have to use it again. Since I had to go to my training, I quit the game. Stupid move. When I came home, I started the game, or, I logged in to Uplay and thought that I could play it again. I had sooo wrong.. They wanted me to register the game.. AGAIN!! **** you Ubisoft... I have sent in a question to the support and I hope that I will get a new keycode! I think that is the easiest thing to do! :)

adriaanLe
11-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Have the same problem. Bought the game in Mediamarkt Brussels. I made a ticket the day I bought it, wednesday, but until now, no response. So I hope to have a response soon. I was planning to play it yesterday and today, but hell, no luck.

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi Guys,

Support can take upto 48 hours to reply - so please bear with them.

People who have yet to contact them - please do so ASAP - Support are the only ones able to deal with account / code issues:

www.support.ubi.com

kubuss
11-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Finally received my code.

Another great example of how people who legitmately buy stuff always get shafted. Pirates and thieves get away with everything, but real customers have to go through **** like DRM and this nonsense.

Not even a word from Ubisoft, everything is being kept quiet. Absolutely great customer service.

I guess it would be better if I just pirate from now on, because then I don't have to deal with DRM and freaking banned codes in a perfectly legitmately bought product, just because a truck was stolen. I'm sorry about your stolen shipment, but that's not my problem.

I'm out.

Apendix10
11-23-2012, 03:24 PM
I have the same problem but, i was playing yesterday with no problem a all, got home from work today and this happens.
I got my copy on stream so i dont see why im getting this.
I have 14h played on stream

adriaanLe
11-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Finally received my code.

Another great example of how people who legitmately buy stuff always get shafted. Pirates and thieves get away with everything, but real customers have to go through **** like DRM and this nonsense.

Not even a word from Ubisoft, everything is being kept quiet. Absolutely great customer service.

I guess it would be better if I just pirate from now on, because then I don't have to deal with DRM and freaking banned codes in a perfectly legitmately bought product, just because a truck was stolen. I'm sorry about your stolen shipment, but that's not my problem.

I'm out.

At least you can play, my ticket is dated on wednesday the 21th of November. And I still do not have any reply. I'm getting angry. I'm a fan of the game of the first hour, I've played every single version and then this c**p happens.

I hope to get a code soon, very soon. It is a great series, so to Ubisoft, get your act together.

kubuss
11-23-2012, 04:03 PM
At least you can play, my ticket is dated on wednesday the 21th of November. And I still do not have any reply. I'm getting angry. I'm a fan of the game of the first hour, I've played every single version and then this c**p happens.

I hope to get a code soon, very soon. It is a great series, so to Ubisoft, get your act together.
Not exactly. I had yesterday off so I could play ACIII the entire day, because today Iīm leaving for my parents for the weekend, where I canīt play. So I canīt play until Monday now.

I hope you get your code soon. But seriously, you guys are way too relaxed and nice to Ubisoft. All these people canīt play because of their stupid decision. Itīs absolutely ridiculous.

adriaanLe
11-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Not exactly. I had yesterday off so I could play ACIII the entire day, because today Iīm leaving for my parents for the weekend, where I canīt play. So I canīt play until Monday now.

I hope you get your code soon. But seriously, you guys are way too relaxed and nice to Ubisoft. All these people canīt play because of their stupid decision. Itīs absolutely ridiculous.

For now I remain relaxed, but not for much longer. I expect, as a consumer that when I buy a product it actually workes. Now the product I bought does not work, which means that they had the following options: 1. Warn everybody that there was a problem and prepare and inform possible customers of the steps to follow, 2 get all the products back and issue a warning so that people know.

To my knowledge they sold a faulty product, which means that as a consumer you can ask your money back, but as everybody wants to play this game, nobody is going to do that. So everybody waits for a solution. I sincerely hope to get my code within the next hours. But hey, as a single consumer what am I going to do, I guess that is what Ubisoft is thinking as well (how to make profit, selling games, without the possibility of playing the games). Technically you can see this as a loan and start asking interest, this would be nice.

They also miss the point that people take leave of work to play it, so a missed day and a day of leave short. How much does that cost to the common player of this (hopefully) outstanding game. Nice work Ubisoft.

zeldacorner
11-23-2012, 05:15 PM

Well, this IS the standard example of a first world problem, you know. In Africa, people complain about typhoid fever and starvation. In northern Europe, we're angry if we must wait one more day to play a game.
Anyway... Seems to me, I was a lucky bastard to be able to play the game yesterday :)
Still, good luck getting your new code...

adriaanLe
11-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, this IS the standard example of a first world problem, you know. In Africa, people complain about typhoid fever and starvation. In northern Europe, we're angry if we must wait one more day to play a game.
Anyway... Seems to me, I was a lucky bastard to be able to play the game yesterday :)
Still, good luck getting your new code...

You're absolutely right, but here we expext that when you buy something it actually works. I got my code as well today at around 5-6 o' clock.

So thank you Ubisoft

Z3R0-31GHT
11-23-2012, 09:31 PM
I've sent a message with the required documents and merely 2 hours later i had my code and started playing. In my opnion they're pulling great effort to get everything back on track! Great customer support. Normally i had to wait till tomorrow to go to game mania to hear about solutions, now i'm already playing. I suggest to try it too.
Greetings

StefanAssassin
11-23-2012, 11:37 PM
i still got the probelm after sending a messeage to the support 5 hours back still got no reply

sr_pschkn
11-23-2012, 11:59 PM
And yet Ubisoft is still using their ****ty DRM. Way to cheer up your customers. You (company) should really open your eyes and wide, so you can see the bs around you.

StefanAssassin
11-24-2012, 11:41 AM
tried to contact support still no message back, i am getting realy angry now

Bruzzwuzz33
11-24-2012, 01:11 PM
same problem here
i'm now trying to contact them

DonerXkebab02
11-25-2012, 05:53 PM
You get answered the next business day. So i hope i get my new key tomorrow.
Just need to have a little more patience

DonerXkebab02
11-26-2012, 02:06 PM
and now i am starting to lose my patience :(

Mr_Shade
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi,

Suport do not work on sundays - so please allow upto 48 working day hours for a reply.

You can update the ticket to enquire how much longer it will take, however that does not always mean you get a faster reply.

DonerXkebab02
11-26-2012, 02:12 PM
I know but i just want to play :( :P

DutchDefqon
11-26-2012, 02:12 PM
I have the AC3 freedom edition ordered. But i dont have any problems with the code, My retailer sended me a new code via my E-mail.. Maybe you should check that too? :)

DonerXkebab02
11-26-2012, 02:22 PM
I ordered trough Boll.com and the code is not wrong ubi just banned the code so i need to get a new code from support.

DonerXkebab02
11-27-2012, 11:00 AM
stefen or liesbeth did you recieve a mail already?

BL00DLION
12-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Same problem here. I have standard box edition and I am from Czech Republic. I contacted the Ubi support.