PDA

View Full Version : Customizing controls

AntiChrist7
11-22-2012, 01:52 PM
How do you efficiently do it? im used to swapping RB and RT (high profile and weapon wheel), also in MP. But there is no clear explanation of how to assign your controls to the actions. Not even "press the button you want for that control". I've been searching for 15 minutes, often ending up switching my normal controls (like jumping and attacking)

SixKeys
11-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Not sure if you're using a controller or not, but on KB+M you go to the Customize Controls menu (in single-player), press Enter on the action you want to change and a question mark will appear. Then you press the button you wish to assign to that action.

AntiChrist7
11-22-2012, 02:11 PM
and with controller?

SixKeys
11-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Can't help there, sorry.

soccer06
11-22-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm having the same issue with a Logitech Dual Action controller. There is just no way to assign the controls. I even made a thread about it here a couple of days ago. I also messaged Ubisoft support on Tuesday. They say that they will get back to you within 24 hours, but I have not heard anything back. I get the feeling that Ubisoft just doesn't care anymore.

HollywoodRane
11-22-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm having the same issue with a Logitech Dual Action controller. There is just no way to assign the controls. I even made a thread about it here a couple of days ago. I also messaged Ubisoft support on Tuesday. They say that they will get back to you within 24 hours, but I have not heard anything back. I get the feeling that Ubisoft just doesn't care anymore.

Yes looks like Logitech Dual shock (and possibly other non Xbox gamepads) do not work properly.
You can enter the options to configure controller however all of the bindings are listed as !Unknown with no way to change them. The buttons also freak out and randomly reverse their function when you're going through the menu.

You can use the TOCA edit XBOX 360 emulator, which will make the game think you have Xbox 360 controller, however the option to configure controller in the game is then grayed out and unselectable.

Alternatively, use a program like Xpadder. Setup your keyboard/mouse, then use Xpadder to emulate the keyboard/mouse via your gamepad.

AntiChrist7
11-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Ive decided not to bother, cause it seems you cant change controls in MP at all.

Altair-vit
11-22-2012, 08:06 PM
I had the same problem with my Saitek PS 2700, in particular the axes of the right analog were reversed (x instead of y), I solved it by manually editing the configuration file C:/Users/username/Documents/Assassin 's Creed III/Assassin3.ini

Luke_l2
12-01-2012, 03:22 AM
I somehow managed to customize a controller in ACIII. I use Playstation 2 Dual Shock with an adapter via Usb.
All buttons were listed as !Unknown, but... When i clicked a button like "Jump" with left mouse button, I was able to assign the button i wanted "Jump" to be and with all rest of them.
At start, i had Axis all messed up, Down with Left etc, but when i somehow managed to get through this wierd customization, it started to work properly for me.
I just can't find a way to customize controller in Multiplayer. I'd like to know how to do this...
Sorry if i wrote something wrong... I'm Polish.
Hope it helped

leo_assassin93
12-02-2012, 05:57 AM
im having the same problem. I think il settle for the mouse and keyboard: (