PDA

View Full Version : They didn't have to scrap Den Defense ...

killzab
11-22-2012, 01:36 PM
They could have used the mechanics and improve them for big battles during the war ...

Like for Bunker Hill or the one on the bridge (forgot the name sorry)

Seeing hundreds of soldiers and being able to manage them would have been fun IMO...

I know Den Defense is an unpopular part of ACR but I think with some tweaks it could have been used again ...

montagemik
11-22-2012, 02:01 PM
They could have used the mechanics and improve them for big battles during the war ...

Like for Bunker Hill or the one on the bridge (forgot the name sorry)

Seeing hundreds of soldiers and being able to manage them would have been fun IMO...

I know Den Defense is an unpopular part of ACR but I think with some tweaks it could have been used again ...

Being the most unpopular part of AC-R is exactly why they scrapped it

ProdiGurl
11-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Being the most unpopular part of AC-R is exactly why they scrapped it

I'd have to say that's true - but I don't think they entirely scrapped it as a concept.
If you look at the Convoy's, they get attacked and you have to run to defend them. Plus you can attack their convoys.

I agree they did listen in ACR, alot of us said we loved the concept of den defense but wanted a different format for the defense mechanics or system..
Quite a few just wanted some fighting & that's what we got at least in convoys.
If they do dens in AC4, I wouldn't mind defense if it was a better and more difficult way to fight to keep it.
Convoy defense/attack is one of my favorite things to do in ACIII.

pirate1802
11-22-2012, 05:51 PM
I liked Den Defense.. :/ Gave me a nice master-assassin-directing-his-troops feel.

H4rry Pl0pper
11-22-2012, 06:00 PM
yes they did

LightRey
11-22-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't think it was ever intended to be a returning feature, just a fun side-game. Keep in mind that ACIII was already under development when they started on ACR.

TaleraRis
11-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Den Defense in ACR was horrible. I laud them for trying to step out of their comfort zone and present something in a new playstyle, but the implementation was just awful.

Same with the Desmond missions. Interesting idea, but the implementation was bad.

Johny-Al-Knox
11-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah den defence. First time playing the game i was so fed up playing thoose den defences. Before i playd thru second time i found out that u only need to defend if ur "wanted". So guess what?

I completed every assassin quests first etc. before i procceded playing. I only had to do the turtorial, So suck on that den defence..

I'd rather fight a big group of enemies than order ppl to kill em, after all i am a powerfull assassin? Relevations was too easy --Combat wise.. In AC3 im having a blast with the combat system