PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 : Such a let down {Spoilers?]

AelxProter
11-22-2012, 10:33 AM
I love Assassin's Creed - until now. Here's my beef:

This game has probably 8+ hours of tutorials while connor grows up. It's lovely that there's a story and all, but you might as well just make it one gigantic movie.
This game has what, hundreds of cut scenes? I don't want to skip cut scenes, but do you really need to pack it in like this? It's more than Mass Effect and the audio is out of synch half the time.
Bears and Wolves. Who decided to add this b.s. element of tapping random buttons and spamming space button? I'm pretty sure you could kill a wolf with all these weapons way easier than killing 5 guys.
Stupid quests. I don't care about the guy floating down the river on a log.
This training is bull. It's like you made a game of the karate kid and the goal of the quest is to wax a car. The only thing these quests challenge is my ability to free run in a straight line...
only thing awesome about the game: The AI is finally smart, and notoriety now has a purpose.

It really sucks that in an attempt to "add" to the game, they added features that go against everything that made the AC2 series so amazing.

I seriously regret this purchase.

scooper121s
11-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Yet another of these threads *SIgh* the game is awesome
@ point 1- It is most certainly not 8+ hours, at most it's one-two hours
@ point 2- The cut scenes are for the story; without them we could not know what's going on, although I agree they could be shorter
@ point 3- I agree with this point, they could have made animal combat more exiting
@ point 4- They introduce more of the elements, and show that assassins do more than just kill; they help others as well

@ AC2 trilogy amazing- Ezio is a stupid Duche, I only could play those game for the story and music

Edit- 600th post yay!

pirate1802
11-22-2012, 10:55 AM
So in a nutshell you want a game that only involves killing, killing, killing and nothing else. No story exposition and build-up?

zhengyingli
11-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Your fourth point actually demonstrates the ingenuity of ACIII: They never force you to do anything besides the main story. Before the main missions in AC and ACII, the two games got really bogged down (still good games) by TONS of cookie-cutter missions that really caused a certain degree of monotony. With ACB and on, especially ACIII, the different mission types during the main narrative never cease to amaze me. But now with ACIII, even the side quests are varied. Breaking up fights, playing bocce, fetch quest (with meaning), solving puzzles at the Mad Doctor's, wing man, etc. Wow! Side quests that actually shows the non-violent side of an Assassin's life. That's innovation.

pirate1802
11-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Your fourth point actually demonstrates the ingenuity of ACIII: They never force you to do anything besides the main story. Before the main missions in AC and ACII, the two games got really bogged down (still good games) by TONS of cookie-cutter missions that really caused a certain degree of monotony. With ACB and on, especially ACIII, the different mission types during the main narrative never cease to amaze me. But now with ACIII, even the side quests are varied. Breaking up fights, playing bocce, fetch quest (with meaning), solving puzzles at the Mad Doctor's, wing man, etc. Wow! Side quests that actually shows the non-violent side of an Assassin's life. That's innovation.

..And I hear there is something like a UFO sidequest too? O.o

zhengyingli
11-22-2012, 11:14 AM
..And I hear there is something like a UFO sidequest too? O.o
That's another thing. I'm glad they kept the outlandish element (myths, existing conspiracy theories) out of the main story. TWCB is the only wacky element allowed. Side quests can be as wacky as they want, such as American Appetites from Red Dead Redemption.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Yet another of these threads *SIgh* the game is awesome
@ point 1- It is most certainly not 8+ hours, at most it's one-two hours
@ point 2- The cut scenes are for the story; without them we could not know what's going on, although I agree they could be shorter
@ point 3- I agree with this point, they could have made animal combat more exiting
@ point 4- They introduce more of the elements, and show that assassins do more than just kill; they help others as well

@ AC2 trilogy amazing- Ezio is a stupid Duche, I only could play those game for the story and music

Edit- 600th post yay!

[congrats on 600!] :D
I can't agree on the Ezio bashing but I definitely love the previous trilogy too (also wish it had some of these awesome new ACIII features).

Yep. & Most games I play these days have alot of cutscenes - that happens in more story-intensive games. Apparently people can't enjoy a story anymore - it's too time consuming and 'boring'.... This isn't just slash & stab people & you're all done w/ the game. I would expect any AC fan to care about the story. :confused:

@ tutorials & Connor's boy-hood.... they spent all of ACII building Ezio up as a young man to adulthood basically. & there were plenty of tutorials & time consuming "no brainer" missions to familiarize us w/ gameplay & even "pointless" side missions we didn't particularly care about. All AC games have that.

>>@ point 4- They introduce more of the elements, and show that assassins do more than just kill; they help others as well <<<
Ya like in ACB there was an early mission carrying flowers for some lady - the flowers were for Ezio's sister's party.
Who cares about fetch jobs? That stuff is all part of AC games as slow beginnings get you ready for gameplay AND set up some Character building.
Esp. for Connor being the new protagonist - you'd need to see & experience his losses as a boy to know why he's like he is as an adult assassin.

He must of REALLY hated Ezio slicing tulips for Sophia in ACR! Pure agony. lol

I have to wonder how these complaints are from an actual AC fan who should be fine by now with more in depth storylines, character building & familiarizing w/ new controls or features??
This isn't supposed to be COD that you blow thru killing people. I don't get it.

psf22
11-22-2012, 11:28 AM

While i agree with your whole post. I particularly like highlighted^^.

It's ironic how a lot of people don't like or even care about the Homestead missions and these are the same that say he's boring and has no personality etc. Not related to OP message at all or anything but just to emphasize your (and scoopers) point.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Apparently, some AC fans want to make the AC brand shallow and dumb it down - just turn into Freddy Krueger & Michael Meyers with a machete & hack our way to victory.
Nevermind who the line of Assassins are & what they're actually all about. :(

THIS is what would scare me if AC took this direction to appease these people I see posting complaints.

Paribissee
11-22-2012, 11:56 AM

This game has probably 8+ hours of tutorials while connor grows up. It's lovely that there's a story and all, but you might as well just make it one gigantic movie.
This game has what, hundreds of cut scenes? I don't want to skip cut scenes, but do you really need to pack it in like this? It's more than Mass Effect and the audio is out of synch half the time.
Bears and Wolves. Who decided to add this b.s. element of tapping random buttons and spamming space button? I'm pretty sure you could kill a wolf with all these weapons way easier than killing 5 guys.
This training is bull. It's like you made a game of the karate kid and the goal of the quest is to wax a car. The only thing these quests challenge is my ability to free run in a straight line...
only thing awesome about the game: The AI is finally smart, and notoriety now has a purpose.

It really sucks that in an attempt to "add" to the game, they added features that go against everything that made the AC2 series so amazing.

People like you are just looking for reasons to hate on the game you nerd.:eek:

zhengyingli
11-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Apparently, some AC fans want to make the AC brand shallow and dumb it down - just turn into Freddy Krueger & Michael Meyers with a machete & hack our way to victory.
Nevermind who the line of Assassins are & what they're actually all about. :(

THIS is what would scare me if AC took this direction to appease these people I see posting complaints.
I wouldn't be too hard on the critics. Personally, the way ACIII's set up really fits the environment Connor inhabits. I wouldn't like ACIV to be the same way as the ACIII universe 3yrs down the road. Maybe it will return to kill, kill, kill. But I trust Ubi would put a spin on it. Not that I disagree with you on not pleasing everyone, as ACIII is so much of a different animal it's bound to throw some people off. Who knows? Maybe when ACIV comes around, you'll see me HAAAATING on it, lol.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't be too hard on the critics. Personally, the way ACIII's set up really fits the environment Connor inhabits. I wouldn't like ACIV to be the same way as the ACIII universe 3yrs down the road. Maybe it will return to kill, kill, kill. But I trust Ubi would put a spin on it. Not that I disagree with you on not pleasing everyone, as ACIII is so much of a different animal it's bound to throw some people off. Who knows? Maybe when ACIV comes around, you'll see me HAAAATING on it, lol.

lol believe me, I've wondered if that will be me hating on it in the future too lol. I'm not at all opposed to slashing & mauling our enemies - just that AC itself is not ALL about that.
Go ahead & make the game about bloodlust & I'll probly love it all the same, I just don't want them removing the complexity and depth of story that makes AC - AC.
You know? Just do it AC style and give it something more than a generic Freddy Krueger flick.
:D

Hawke0325
11-22-2012, 01:42 PM
well one thing i wished they would have kept was the free roaming with the ship. Other then that a great game love it to death. =)

Paribissee
11-22-2012, 01:48 PM
If you are hating on this great game i think the problem is you and not the game:mad:

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 04:25 AM
[congrats on 600!] :D
I can't agree on the Ezio bashing but I definitely love the previous trilogy too (also wish it had some of these awesome new ACIII features).

Yep. & Most games I play these days have alot of cutscenes - that happens in more story-intensive games. Apparently people can't enjoy a story anymore - it's too time consuming and 'boring'.... This isn't just slash & stab people & you're all done w/ the game. I would expect any AC fan to care about the story. :confused:

@ tutorials & Connor's boy-hood.... they spent all of ACII building Ezio up as a young man to adulthood basically. & there were plenty of tutorials & time consuming "no brainer" missions to familiarize us w/ gameplay & even "pointless" side missions we didn't particularly care about. All AC games have that.

>>@ point 4- They introduce more of the elements, and show that assassins do more than just kill; they help others as well <<<
Ya like in ACB there was an early mission carrying flowers for some lady - the flowers were for Ezio's sister's party.
Who cares about fetch jobs? That stuff is all part of AC games as slow beginnings get you ready for gameplay AND set up some Character building.
Esp. for Connor being the new protagonist - you'd need to see & experience his losses as a boy to know why he's like he is as an adult assassin.

He must of REALLY hated Ezio slicing tulips for Sophia in ACR! Pure agony. lol

I have to wonder how these complaints are from an actual AC fan who should be fine by now with more in depth storylines, character building & familiarizing w/ new controls or features??
This isn't supposed to be COD that you blow thru killing people. I don't get it.
Yeah, I really don't like the early Ezio as you can tell; however as he matured, I actually began to relate to him, though his initial impression made it so I could never like him as much as Altair or as I do Ratonhnhaké:ton, and made me think of him as a douch, though one I eventually began to like, like people do with iron man in the latest movies, sherlock holmes in the new movies (the same actor for the new iron man) you still call him a douch, but you like him
>>>He must of REALLY hated Ezio slicing tulips for Sophia in ACR! Pure agony. lol<<<
lol, sofias the only spouse of ezios I like FYI, rosa was alright, but she was never really a spouse spouse, cristina vespucci/calfuci (Spelling?) felt forced and caterina felt like a ***** and I never saw her settling down.
>>>I have to wonder how these complaints are from an actual AC fan who should be fine by now with more in depth storylines, character building & familiarizing w/ new controls or features??This isn't supposed to be COD that you blow thru killing people. I don't get it.<<<
Yes I have to wonder as well
>>>Ya like in ACB there was an early mission carrying flowers for some lady - the flowers were for Ezio's sister's party.Who cares about fetch jobs? That stuff is all part of AC games as slow beginnings get you ready for gameplay AND set up some Character building.
Esp. for Connor being the new protagonist - you'd need to see & experience his losses as a boy to know why he's like he is as an adult assassin.<<<
Yes, that's why I love AC3 so much, the story, I don't play an assassins creed game just to kill, and I think true AC fans play it for the story not the killing also
>>>Yep. & Most games I play these days have alot of cutscenes - that happens in more story-intensive games. Apparently people can't enjoy a story anymore - it's too time consuming and 'boring'.... This isn't just slash & stab people & you're all done w/ the game. I would expect any AC fan to care about the story.<<<
Exactly, I agree completly

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 04:28 AM
Ah..

This thread is actually civilized. I do not necessarily agree with some of the Criticisms, but it is a breath of fresh air to some good back and forth going on here.

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Ah..

This thread is actually civilized. I do not necessarily agree with some of the Criticisms, but it is a breath of fresh air to some good back and forth going on here.
Give it time M and it'll go into anarchy

Matty7Ice
11-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Give it time M and it'll go into anarchy
Not so fast. The civil will redirect the path of the sluggard. I will agree that the game can be refined but it is made exactly how I like it. It is made like an assassins creed game and I want more and they will make more. Constructive criticism is the best route and it also provides praise at the same time.

MasterAssasin84
11-23-2012, 10:48 AM
So what you are saying is that Assassins Creed should be just mindless running around killing !!

if that's what you are looking for in a game I suggest you play call of duty as Assassins Creed is clearly the wrong game for you.

to really appreciate this game you need to connect to the story and understand exactly what it is your fighting for ! that's the beauty of AC3 whilst Connor was duty bound to hunt the Templars
he still respected the laws of Nature and felt the safety of his people and land was equally important if not more in some sequences .

BeCk41
11-23-2012, 12:36 PM

Although I agree with everything that you just said I don't think that this game was a complete let down. The only things that bother me were the cutscenes and fighting the dangerous animals, then skinning them suspiciously similar to Red Dead.

As to the game's controls I had to re-learn a couple of them in Revelations, but in this game- you dang near have to learn all of the new fighting techniques (which I still can't get used to) and the horrible bow and arrow targeting system- not to mention gun aiming. And where is the locking system??? All I can do is just highlight my targets.

-Did Ubisoft almost completely change the format of the newest Assassins Creed game? Yes. Did they change things in the game that help the player? Yes and no.

In my opinion they seemed to have made things more complicated and intricate than ever before, providing that the player will adapt to everything. And I have to say... haven't adapted yet.

agentpoop
11-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Spoilers

What made AC3 so disappointing to me was how disjointed it felt from all the other games.

- Changing Desmond's face again serves no purpose and just makes things not connected

- Desmond gets no justice after getting hyped for 5 games, he deserves so much more than he got. I would have loved a Desmond game instead of a Connor game who in the grand scheme of AC is forced. But even so maybe just starting out with Connor and giving those first 4 -5 hours to Desmond at the end. If you're going to sacrifice him at least make it seem epic and not just a rushed piece crap. Make us feel like this is the culmination of 5 games, instead they rushed it into what we got which doesnt give us the satisfaction it should after 5 games.

- Connor's story is okay, the parts where you are him with his Dad are the best part of the story. But I never really feel like I'm in that time period, instead I feel like I'm a warrior who's running around doing his thing that just happens to be in that time period. But Connor doesn't ever change up until the epilogue. He's just pissed off, rude and has the same voice and attitude he did as a teen. But for the AC universe he's expendable for a bigger Desmond game and would have made the series more monumental and come full circle. I just never feel connected to anyone in Connor's story like i did in Ezio's and Desmond's . I still feel like Ezio and Desmond are the two biggest parts of the universe by far and Connor is an after thought.

- the horses have gotten worse every game

- The frontier and ships were awesome but the cities... They're okay bit nothing special. Nothing like any other city in the series. Every other city gives you a sense of awe and really immerses you in the world . Boston and New York? I get its the time period , but they just aren't as entertaining.

- Every ending before AC3 is a holy shi* moment. AC1 was a total mind f**k , AC2 completely melts your brain because it is so out of the blue, ACB throws you for a loop after you kill Lucy, ACR feels like a conclusion for Ezio and Altair when Ezio directly speaks to Desmond and sees Altair "resting" then ends with the epic shot of the door with Desmond glowing and makes you feel like something huge is going to go down. Then in AC3 it doesn't feel huge at all, it feels rushed. Like the 3 years of development were spent on animation, graphics and boats and the story was an afterthought. That just what it feels like . Also what happened to finding Eve? Or arre they just going to pretend like that never happened?

- AC3's story in the AC universe feels trivial. AC2 had the glyphs which added so much deph and the Truth which was awesome for the story, AC1 had subject 16's blood everywhere, ACB had the Da Vinci disappearance with the coordinates that revealed where we'd go, ACR with the rest of Altair's life and the ending that connected everything, and what did AC3 have as a side story? No glyphs, no connected/satisfying ending, no mystery like AC1... I was just really left bitter from the ending. I just felt like AC3 doesn't add a whole lot to the universe other than Desmond dying

- I did like some of the new fighting, loved the frontier, loved the boats, the homestead missions were actually the most satisfying part of the story (i just wish they were mandatory so Achilles dying happens at the right time to help the story make more sense, i loved the tomohawk (random, why do you hit people with the side of the axe? thats just laziness), the pistols were fun, crafting was fun, i liked the rope dart, i liked the bow but it needs more range/ammo, forts were fun and i liked the Captain Kidd stuff

CalgaryJay
11-24-2012, 01:36 AM
For the OP, just give it time. The reason I say this is because, judging by your complaints (more specifically, the points in the game they come at), you're not even to Sequence 6 yet, which is when the full game finally opens up. Then decide if you like it or not.

Shingram
11-24-2012, 02:18 AM
Some people are clearly trolls but there are many legitamate gripes with this games presentation and resolution. What really infuriates gamers is the feeling that things are purposely short changed in this game for no reason or b/c they are too lazy to....well you know what go watch angry joe's review of AC 3 it's freakin perfect. Well I don't think he gives the modern day part of the story enough credit for being engaging (although he is right that it's a cruddier game when you're in Desmond mode) I never minded the load screen either. Gameplay is great, simple but satisfying. Characterization and the AC3 story is HORRENDOUS and I LOVE the trippy template of the modern day first civ thing but the GODAWFUL presentation of it and resolution to it in this game was frankly an insult. Amazingly bad exposition throughout MANY cutscenes and this is made more glaring by the fact that there was actually stuff that would HONESTLY be of interest like the assassins in America being annihilated or Kenway's transition to a templar and they are just IGNORED! ACK it boggles my mind how poor these story and presentation decisions were. AC4 literally will make or break whether I continue with this series after how poorly they handled stuff like this. If this game came with zero story it's still worth the money but the fact that they got me invested in the story makes the garbage payoff that much more egregious.

But yea check out angry joes AC3 review at 17:25 he hits the ending and nails why it's so frustrating and awful. I'll quote a little "This suppossed ending...y'know you're suppossed to give us a nice conclusion to this long standing story arc here...but this ENDING....why is it so hard for a triple A blockbuster game these days to have a darn satisfying CONCLUSIVE ending. God forbid you (game companies) haveta work hard and keep the series going or start another self contained story to keep it going..." "it all hinges on this final choice you have to make but they don't even bother giving you a choice to make. They don't bother giving you ane explanation and the cutscene that happens at the end is barely worth anything."

I also forgot how the trailers built anticipation for set piece war moments that you could influence the tide of battle by getting behind enemy lines and just getting savage and bloody. I was DYING to wade through lines of soldiers like a maelstrom of death. Instead you sneak in some trees and fight like 5 guys. They promise awesome things and deliver on so few when it was very possible to deliver on them. Other major war moments are relegated to hitting X! WHAT!? You aren't even firing any of the guns or cannons as Connor you're directing others to do it! AAAAAAAAAGHHHH!!!! So BAAAAAAAD!. WHy couldn't I sneak behind a line of 30+ guys while in the background colonial soldiers/militia distracted the front of the line. WHy couldn't I (while slightly injured and covered in blood) unleash absolute rage on the enemy. Unique screams, excessive opportunity for those two at once kill animations. Let me feel like I am making the difference at SOME point in ONE of those battles by actually getting my hands dirty.

Then with some soldier literally being dragged by me because his face is embedded in my tomahawk I approach Lee or one of the others and just get an X prompt where I have to slam on X multiple times as Connor engages in a unique series of stabs, slashes, kicks, yells, etc. until finally slipping past the horrified enemy generals defenses for that ultra satisfying kill. Give me a God of War command Prompt where I raind evastating blows down. AFter I wear down the enemy give me a legitamate cutscene not a 2 minute exposition and dialougue break. Instead I hit him 4 times get thrown backwards wait to counter rinse and repeat... Same as I did with the guy on the boat and the other generals. No variety, no effort, no satisfaction it just sucks.

Watch "Assassins creed 3 - E3 official trailer" and tell me they didn't disappoint massively. Its good enough to advertise you attacking the enemy lines and convincing us that it would be part of the game but it's not good enough to let us do it? That being the whole game is NOT what I'm asking for just as I'm not asking for a whole game to be 100% boss battles but when we snuck behind some trees to get at the general we should have been doing THIS instead. BTW the prouction quality and awesomeness of the trailer...where is that in any cutscene in the game!? You gave us two discs they should hjave been used for that!

agentpoop
11-24-2012, 06:34 AM
i totally agree shingram

Also, Connor doesn't even feel like a part of the order.When is the creed uttered? Where is the Brotherhood (a bunch of random guys wearing du rags and fighting with a meat cutter is not an Assassin) ? He feels like a warrior with a hidden blade and a hood.

ThaWhistle
11-24-2012, 06:47 AM
this game was a huge let down in terms of the desmond story arc. but also generally...

ThaWhistle
11-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Spoilers

What made AC3 so disappointing to me was how disjointed it felt from all the other games.

- Changing Desmond's face again serves no purpose and just makes things not connected

- Desmond gets no justice after getting hyped for 5 games, he deserves so much more than he got. I would have loved a Desmond game instead of a Connor game who in the grand scheme of AC is forced. But even so maybe just starting out with Connor and giving those first 4 -5 hours to Desmond at the end. If you're going to sacrifice him at least make it seem epic and not just a rushed piece crap. Make us feel like this is the culmination of 5 games, instead they rushed it into what we got which doesnt give us the satisfaction it should after 5 games.

- Connor's story is okay, the parts where you are him with his Dad are the best part of the story. But I never really feel like I'm in that time period, instead I feel like I'm a warrior who's running around doing his thing that just happens to be in that time period. But Connor doesn't ever change up until the epilogue. He's just pissed off, rude and has the same voice and attitude he did as a teen. But for the AC universe he's expendable for a bigger Desmond game and would have made the series more monumental and come full circle. I just never feel connected to anyone in Connor's story like i did in Ezio's and Desmond's . I still feel like Ezio and Desmond are the two biggest parts of the universe by far and Connor is an after thought.

- the horses have gotten worse every game

- The frontier and ships were awesome but the cities... They're okay bit nothing special. Nothing like any other city in the series. Every other city gives you a sense of awe and really immerses you in the world . Boston and New York? I get its the time period , but they just aren't as entertaining.

- Every ending before AC3 is a holy shi* moment. AC1 was a total mind f**k , AC2 completely melts your brain because it is so out of the blue, ACB throws you for a loop after you kill Lucy, ACR feels like a conclusion for Ezio and Altair when Ezio directly speaks to Desmond and sees Altair "resting" then ends with the epic shot of the door with Desmond glowing and makes you feel like something huge is going to go down. Then in AC3 it doesn't feel huge at all, it feels rushed. Like the 3 years of development were spent on animation, graphics and boats and the story was an afterthought. That just what it feels like . Also what happened to finding Eve? Or arre they just going to pretend like that never happened?

- AC3's story in the AC universe feels trivial. AC2 had the glyphs which added so much deph and the Truth which was awesome for the story, AC1 had subject 16's blood everywhere, ACB had the Da Vinci disappearance with the coordinates that revealed where we'd go, ACR with the rest of Altair's life and the ending that connected everything, and what did AC3 have as a side story? No glyphs, no connected/satisfying ending, no mystery like AC1... I was just really left bitter from the ending. I just felt like AC3 doesn't add a whole lot to the universe other than Desmond dying

- I did like some of the new fighting, loved the frontier, loved the boats, the homestead missions were actually the most satisfying part of the story (i just wish they were mandatory so Achilles dying happens at the right time to help the story make more sense, i loved the tomohawk (random, why do you hit people with the side of the axe? thats just laziness), the pistols were fun, crafting was fun, i liked the rope dart, i liked the bow but it needs more range/ammo, forts were fun and i liked the Captain Kidd stuff

i agree with everything here.... the ending especially really rustles my jimmies. I kept waiting for something else to happen during the credits. This was almost as bad as the Lost ending where nothing actually happened, questions didnt get answered. ****ing aggravating...

agentpoop
11-24-2012, 07:08 AM
I remember after all the other AC games these forums were just filled with people speculating about the endings, it got people talking. Even if someone wasnt fond of the cliffhanger it got them thinking and talking. It created a buzz, this game just angered people. That should just show Ubisoft what people think of the ending. It went from a passionate discussion with people doing deep DEEP research to try and make sense of everything and actually use their time and devote it to that to now where lots of people are just mad or people complaining about people being mad. That didn't exist after the other games.

PJ_28
11-24-2012, 11:42 AM
The game seems to lack polishing.
- Did they not actually notice the twin holsters glitch? What, when they were testing the game they didn't craft twin holsters and use a fast travel?
- Why put a quiver on the default outfit, and then not put it on the other outfits?
- What's up with the stealth? OK, so scouting the area, observing the mini-map, scouting the area again with eagle vision, observing the enemies patrol route, checking mini-map again. Right, coast is clear. Come out of hiding, and two enemies spawn out of nowhere, instantly in alert mode and hunting your *** down... Just one among many issues with stealth.
- What, they didn't also change robe dyes and watch a cutscene.....
- Etc., etc., etc.

Just a bit more customization
- Equip/unequp weapons, would be a good start.

Crouch button... enough said.

Oh, just remembered. More main assassinations would be nice. I wanted to tear Lee and Haytham a new a**hole with my tomahawk myself, and not just a lame-a** fight and chase, and then press square.

scooper121s
11-24-2012, 11:49 AM
The game seems to lack polishing.
- Did they not actually notice the twin holsters glitch? What, when they were testing the game they didn't craft twin holsters and use a fast travel?
- Why put a quiver on the default outfit, and then not put it on the other outfits?
- What's up with the stealth? OK, so scouting the area, observing the mini-map, scouting the area again with eagle vision, observing the enemies patrol route, checking mini-map again. Right, coast is clear. Come out of hiding, and two enemies spawn out of nowhere, instantly in alert mode and hunting your *** down... Just one among many issues with stealth.
- What, they didn't also change robe dyes and watch a cutscene.....
- Etc., etc., etc.

Just a bit more customization
- Equip/unequp weapons, would be a good start.

Crouch button... enough said.
Your obviously new to the series, so i'll explain it too you
Social stealth- it involves blending into crowds being discreet, so crouching would just make you stand out and it would be unrealistic
Notoriety- if they instantly hunt you down it means your notoriety level is at three, so it is much advised to try to find town criers, printer shops and wanted posters, you can then lower your notoriety and then unless you attack them directly, or are in a restricted zone soldiers won't attack you
Quiver- this I agree with
twin holsters- I also agree with this

futhermore I would like to welcome you to the forums

pirate1802
11-24-2012, 11:52 AM
I remember after all the other AC games these forums were just filled with people speculating about the endings, it got people talking. Even if someone wasnt fond of the cliffhanger it got them thinking and talking. It created a buzz, this game just angered people. That should just show Ubisoft what people think of the ending. It went from a passionate discussion with people doing deep DEEP research to try and make sense of everything and actually use their time and devote it to that to now where lots of people are just mad or people complaining about people being mad. That didn't exist after the other games.

Some are mad, some are speculating. It seems 50-50. I've seen some good speculation threads.

scooper121s
11-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Some are mad, some are speculating. It seems 50-50. I've seen some good speculation threads.
As have I Amico mio/Amica mia

ProdiGurl
11-24-2012, 12:02 PM

Ok Pirate, it should be any day now!!! :D

PJ_28
11-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Social stealth- it involves blending into crowds being discreet, so crouching would just make you stand out and it would be unrealistic
Notoriety- if they instantly hunt you down it means your notoriety level is at three, so it is much advised to try to find town criers, printer shops and wanted posters, you can then lower your notoriety and then unless you attack them directly, or are in a restricted zone soldiers won't attack you

Thank you.

Not that new actually. I'm quite the diehard fan of the series, obsessive even... Well I used to be anyway...

No, I get the whole social stealth thing, hiding in plain sight and all that good stuff... I was talking about forts and certain mission levels.

Yup, also familiar with the notoriety, but your instantly "notorious" in those "red zones" right, so the only way you can go through it stealthily is determine enemy routes, be aware of their line of sight, enemy position, keeping low profile actions, things like that... And these zones don't usually have crowds and stuff, or even height advantage on some occasions.

Shingram
11-24-2012, 06:23 PM

I didn't see where he said he didn't like blending in and doing all that but if he didn't then more power to him...I did see him indicate crouch would be a welcome and smart addition to the series. You seem to not understand that due to your misplaced condescension. You seem to be of the opinion that just because some things work well nothing new could be added. Thats lazy and Ubisoft clearly is taking that approach

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 12:16 AM
I didn't see where he said he didn't like blending in and doing all that but if he didn't then more power to him...I did see him indicate crouch would be a welcome and smart addition to the series. You seem to not understand that due to your misplaced condescension. You seem to be of the opinion that just because some things work well nothing new could be added. That's lazy and Ubisoft clearly is taking that approach
The devs have already said there would never be a crouch button, and the compromise was the stalk zones, also do you really want the broken AI of skyrim?, furthermore you say I have misplaced condesention, does this mean that you want me to condesend ubisoft for not adding something that could break the AI system, I myself am also a big fan of additions the new combat system I love, the new free-running system I love, the home stead, connor all of this I love, Ubisoft is most certainly not lazy

agentpoop
11-25-2012, 12:39 AM

ya but its nothing like it was even just last year

LESavantPierre
11-25-2012, 02:05 AM
my gripes are the glitches and the menu interfaces are horrible other than that the game was beautiful, love the story, except the ending could've been better and I love what they did with it ..

I played AC and AC2, and then I think ubisoft got greedy after that with Brotherhood then Revelations, I started on Brotherhood and just didn't feel it,

This game brought my love back for the Creed series, if the do decide to make another....PLEASE FIX YOUR MENUS AND GLITCHES!!!

PJ_28
11-25-2012, 04:24 PM
I like the blending in the crowds and stuff, it's all good... It's just when it comes to forts and other mission levels, I've noticed there is not a lot of stealth options, except for the occasional bale of hay every now and then. On some cases, not a lot of places you can get height advantage either, I mean I assume Connor's mad parkour skills is also one of his "stealth tools". (It's mainly for mobility I understand, but you get my point.)

But I guess it kinda makes sense, because why would Connor waste time sneaking around when he can just kill an entire fort full of enemies faster than he can twirl that tomahawk :D
And combat is awesome... Easy, but awesome none the less....

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 04:30 PM
ya but its nothing like it was even just last year

It would be again, just let a month or two pass.

Jay_2750
11-25-2012, 04:31 PM

Does it look like the community care about your "I am disappointed with the ending!"thread? If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it.