PDA

View Full Version : I just installed PC version and my comp gets black screen many times

FWG-Gamer
11-22-2012, 09:30 AM
At the beginning on the ship when i tried to climb the mast too early.. screen got black and i had to reboot

Then at Boston when i had to choose between go inside the general store and doing the mission of getting 4 ripped pages

1. When I go inside the General Store; as soon I try to walk or move mouse to left or right 'black screen' after a drr sound

2. Do side mission, when a guard discovers me and I try to flee 'black screen'..

*NEW
3. Avoided the General Store and just running around the city. Mounted a Horse and Black Screen *sigh
4. Avoided the General Store again and walking on the docks. Black Screen!!

I tried go inside the General Store 6 times now and all 6 times I had to reboot computer after this black screen..
I'm afraid If I have to reboot computer like this the wrong way 1 or 2 times more, probs my computer will crash completely..

I even tried to put graphic solution to bottom and solutions to bottom but nothing works..

Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
RAM: 4 GB RAM
Graphiccard: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 6,7 with DirectX 11
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II N620 Dual-Core Processor 6,3 5,9
Memory (RAM): 4,00 GB 5,9
Gamegraphic: 267.9 MB accessible graphicmemory 6,7
Primary hardware: 27GB free (573GB totaly) 5,9
Networkcard: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Networkcard: Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Systemtype: 64-bite operativesystem

Sincerely
Jonas aka Etix

Ps. This Laptop have no issue with Assassins creed 2 or Diablo 3 :)
Ps. Thanks for answering so fast, I was falling asleep due to late answer :)

spectatorx
11-22-2012, 09:54 AM
And you hardware is? Desktop or notebook? CPU, GPU, RAM?

iloveacIII
11-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Please post your specs.

FWG-Gamer
11-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi, I've edit the first post so It's easier to read and understand my problem.

FWG-Gamer
11-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Anyone that can solve my problems, I wanna playyyyyyyyyy :/

FWG-Gamer
11-22-2012, 08:20 PM
anyone please maybe a mod can answer.. i got new issues, i can't barely walk in the game without getting black screen now.....

FWG-Gamer
11-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Bump a new day and I need new answers :(

Btw: spectatorx

I surfed into your link http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ns-to-problems
and installed it onto my computer, and I got instant blue screen!! :(((((

Btw I luckily know how to use restore.. wasn't fun took 4 hours of my life away..

xAdvent
11-24-2012, 01:39 AM
I'm also suffering from this incredibly annoying problem. It's definitely not just Boston as it also happened in the woods and by Achilles'(Minor 'spoiler', I guess. Highlight to read) house.

I have an i7 2600k (stock clocks) and a GTX580 (running the latest beta drivers).

I had read about the problems the game has with hyperthreading so I disabled that hoping it would do me good. Again, still issues. I tried the slightly out there method of disabled vsync and making sure the refresh rate matched my monitor (120hz). This was done by editing the .ini and setting it to read only. Likewise, whilst I did a huge boost in fps in Boston (near double the fps), it still crashed after not even 5 minutes.

This is incredibly frustrating and I simply can't work out why it would be doing this. I have friends on 2500k and GTX580s/560tis running the game flawlessly which is why I assumed it was processor dependent and the only differences I see are that the i7 has hyperthreading and I've already proved that that doesn't seem to be the issue.

If anyone has any information, please let us know! I'm at sequence 5 now and it's just ridiculous how frequent these have become now that I'm mainly in Boston. Very upsetting getting so into a game and it being rendered unplayable just as the pace is starting to pick up.