PDA

View Full Version : Bow Glitch

PJ_28
11-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Has anyone figured-out how to trigger the bow glitch?? The one where it disappears from your back(and apparently becomes unusable)?? I have been trying every night for about a week or two, but no success at all.

These are a few things I've tried so far:
1. Getting into open conflict(pulling as many enemies as possible), then mounting a horse while shooting the bow.
2. Dismounting a horse while shooting the bow.
3. Getting hit by a grenadier's heavy attack while shooting the bow.
4. Getting "hit" by an agile's flip thing while shooting the bow.
5. Getting hit by anything in general while shooting the bow.
6. Getting killed while shooting the bow.
7. Picking locks with the bow on hand.
8. Entering buildings(manor, gen store, taverns, etc.) with bow on hand.
9. Falling from high places with bow on hand.
10. Pressing equip and sheathe(triangle and circle) rapidly.
11. Tried losing the bow during sequence 4 and 5.
12. Re-installed game WITHOUT day-one patch, and tried all methods mentioned above... again.

I'm sure there are other things I've tried, just can't remember right now. Any ideas would be appreciated :)

PJ_28
11-23-2012, 02:49 AM
I've noticed some people bow glitching while wearing ezio's outfit. Gotta try that tonight... Although it's not exactly the glitch I want, but I don't really give a crap anymore, pretty much willing to try anything at this point...

montagemik
11-23-2012, 02:54 AM
??? So you actually want a glitched game ............lol but don't have one ? . i'm stunned .

PJ_28
11-23-2012, 03:09 AM
Not exactly, just want the bow gone. But I do have a glitched game, in my quest to glitch the bow, I accidentally glitched other things. Like sometimes there's thunder sounds while in combat(not the animus hack, I don't even have that unlocked), and the enemies walking weird almost like they're doing the chacha dance. Lock-picking issues, super frame rate drops, among other things. So you can imagine how frustrating this is, glitching almost everything except for that god**** bow...

Baked_Cookies
11-23-2012, 03:11 AM
Why do you want the bow gone so bad that you would try and glitch your game out? Do you hate the weapon that much or do you just not like it hanging from your back?

PJ_28
11-23-2012, 04:32 AM
It ruins the whole fun of wearing the other outfits, because they don't have the quiver and arrows, looks absolutely awful. I there was a glitch to put quiver and arrows in the other outfits, I would gladly settle for that, but so far I've only heard about the bow glitch. It's a shame though, cause the outfits are awesome.

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 05:44 AM
It ruins the whole fun of wearing the other outfits, because they don't have the quiver and arrows, looks absolutely awful. I there was a glitch to put quiver and arrows in the other outfits, I would gladly settle for that, but so far I've only heard about the bow glitch. It's a shame though, cause the outfits are awesome.
Why not start up a petition to put the quiver in other outfits?

Deuely
11-23-2012, 06:33 AM
First of all....question....where and what are the other outfits? I have only found one on my first playthrough and that was one that I got from a cave that Achilles had hidden but its still not displayed on my rack in the basement and Im pretty sure all the Homestead missions are complete. How many are there? Second...to glitch the bow....get into open combat with it in your hand. Ensure the bow is in your hand while fighting. I think, (I have no idea why) Ubisoft gave players the option of dropping your primary weapons. Once you drop them...they are gone unless you pick them back up. I lost my bow that way....and almost lost my tomahawk that way. Soooo disappointed at how many glitches this game has. To the guy that wants to know how to do the glitch....this new patch doesnt fix it either so you will be glad to know that youll still be able to run around without. Just be warned....once you get rid of it....its gone for good. The only way to get it back is to start a new game. Also....once you get rid of the bow....it still looks pretty stupid because then you just have an empty quiver hanging on your back and no matter how many arrows you buy....it wont fill up lol. Really stupid and CANNOT BELIEVE Ubisoft didnt fix it in this latest patch.

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 06:35 AM
You can get things like tomahawks back at store and other such places

PJ_28
11-23-2012, 07:00 AM
I don't think a lot of people give a crap about this, although I've met very few who do.

I'm quite obsessive when it comes to aesthetics in AC games, because the outfits are so badass and original in design. - Oh, this is my reply to the petition suggestion, forgot to quote.

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 07:04 AM
I don't think a lot of people give a crap about this, although I've met very few who do.

I'm quite obsessive when it comes to aesthetics in AC games, because the outfits are so badass and original in design. - Oh, this is my reply to the petition suggestion, forgot to quote.
Easy to do :p

PJ_28
11-23-2012, 07:16 AM
First of all....question....where and what are the other outfits? I have only found one on my first playthrough and that was one that I got from a cave that Achilles had hidden but its still not displayed on my rack in the basement and Im pretty sure all the Homestead missions are complete. How many are there? Second...to glitch the bow....get into open combat with it in your hand. Ensure the bow is in your hand while fighting. I think, (I have no idea why) Ubisoft gave players the option of dropping your primary weapons. Once you drop them...they are gone unless you pick them back up. I lost my bow that way....and almost lost my tomahawk that way. Soooo disappointed at how many glitches this game has. To the guy that wants to know how to do the glitch....this new patch doesnt fix it either so you will be glad to know that youll still be able to run around without. Just be warned....once you get rid of it....its gone for good. The only way to get it back is to start a new game. Also....once you get rid of the bow....it still looks pretty stupid because then you just have an empty quiver hanging on your back and no matter how many arrows you buy....it wont fill up lol. Really stupid and CANNOT BELIEVE Ubisoft didnt fix it in this latest patch.

I've tried that open combat with bow on hand thing, didn't work, you can check-out my list of attempts at the beginning of this thread if you want.

That one from the cave is achilles' outfit, you get it after doing all the homestead missions. Capt. kidd's outfit for doing peg leg missions. Native american outfit collect all feathers. Prisoner outfit just do sequence 8. Ezio ACB robe, uplay redeem. Altair 100%sync all main memories. And two that are pre-order bonuses. I actually pre-ordered for both those outfits, something I'll regret for the rest of my life because of this f***ing bow.

These outfits I just mentioned don't show the quiver and arrows, hence the problem. So losing the bow will make them awesome as was intended.

The bow is not that useful to begin with. It's kinda fun, but not that much. Connor's other ranged weapons are more fun and more effective.

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 08:41 AM
I've tried that open combat with bow on hand thing, didn't work, you can check-out my list of attempts at the beginning of this thread if you want.

That one from the cave is achilles' outfit, you get it after doing all the homestead missions. Capt. kidd's outfit for doing peg leg missions. Native american outfit collect all feathers. Prisoner outfit just do sequence 8. Ezio ACB robe, uplay redeem. Altair 100%sync all main memories. And two that are pre-order bonuses. I actually pre-ordered for both those outfits, something I'll regret for the rest of my life because of this f***ing bow.

These outfits I just mentioned don't show the quiver and arrows, hence the problem. So losing the bow will make them awesome as was intended.

The bow is not that useful to begin with. It's kinda fun, but not that much. Connor's other ranged weapons are more fun and more effective.
I still don't know why your not petitioning for a quiver in all other outfits in the next patch

PJ_28
11-23-2012, 09:55 AM
I still don't know why your not petitioning for a quiver in all other outfits in the next patch

Well, first, like I said, it seems not a lot of people give a s**t about this issue...

2nd, I have been trying to get rid of this godd**m bow every night, for a week or two, and I am just about ready to give up and just sell my game and buy something else...

3rd, I don't actually know how to start a petition :confused:

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Well, first, like I said, it seems not a lot of people give a s**t about this issue...

2nd, I have been trying to get rid of this godd**m bow every night, for a week or two, and I am just about ready to give up and just sell my game and buy something else...

3rd, I don't actually know how to start a petition :confused:
Make a poll and state the issue, easy enough

BeCk41
11-23-2012, 10:54 AM
I haven't discovered this glitch, but I have found other strange glitches on the console version like the "no clothes glitch". I discovered it first in the multiplayer, then to my amazement it happened in the single player as well. The "No Clothes Glitch" occurred when I was trying to do a kill too fast and the game couldn't process it (something like a freeze happend) thus removing... their...erm... bottom layer of clothing. The Independent was literally walking around in her skivvies- and it also cut off her two braids and showed her shorts under her dress. Same thing happened to Connor, cept he had a tan outline underneath. The whole thing was pretty hilarious and I should have recorded both instances with my pvr. XD

Deuely
11-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Well thats how I lost my bow. I had my bow selected when I got into open combat and I must have inadvertently pressed B to drop the bow while fighting and didnt notice until later. Pretty bummed about it lol. Hoping it wont happen again in my replay.

Baked_Cookies
11-23-2012, 06:43 PM
I understand the whole quiver not being on the back of other outfits and stuff like that so I could see why you would want a change to occur but I do honestly think instead of trying to glitch out and all that non sense that they should at least make it where the quiver is either on all wardrobes or make it able to be equipped at least, I dont understand why they would put it on one but not all? Makes no sense to me

PJ_28
11-24-2012, 02:41 AM
Make a poll and state the issue, easy enough

I don't know, seems like a long shot. It's not like ubisoft gives a **** anyways...

PJ_28
11-24-2012, 02:48 AM
Well thats how I lost my bow. I had my bow selected when I got into open combat and I must have inadvertently pressed B to drop the bow while fighting and didnt notice until later. Pretty bummed about it lol. Hoping it wont happen again in my replay.

Sorry that happened to you dude, especially if you like the bow. I don't like glitches in general, more so if it causes people to lose their equipment. But I just can't help but wish this glitch would happen to me, I really want to start using those outfits, especially because I paid extra for two of them...

PJ_28
11-24-2012, 02:55 AM
I understand the whole quiver not being on the back of other outfits and stuff like that so I could see why you would want a change to occur but I do honestly think instead of trying to glitch out and all that non sense that they should at least make it where the quiver is either on all wardrobes or make it able to be equipped at least, I dont understand why they would put it on one but not all? Makes no sense to me

Laziness I guess. I mean how hard can it be to put a quiver and arrows in the special outfits, when they were able to do it to the default outfit...

PJ_28
11-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Just thought I'd make one last attempt at this while I still have my game. Has anyone figured this glitch out yet?

Also, I know this is completely off-topic, but this might actually be my last post in the forums, so I thought I might as well ask while I'm here. Which game is worth getting, Borderlands2 or HItman:Absolution?
I know I know they're completely different games and it all depends on your taste of games. But let's say taste is not a factor, which game is generally more enjoyable in your opinion?

Aphex_Tim
11-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Just thought I'd make one last attempt at this while I still have my game. Has anyone figured this glitch out yet?

Also, I know this is completely off-topic, but this might actually be my last post in the forums, so I thought I might as well ask while I'm here. Which game is worth getting, Borderlands2 or HItman:Absolution?
I know I know they're completely different games and it all depends on your taste of games. But let's say taste is not a factor, which game is generally more enjoyable in your opinion?

Borderlands 2 is most fun if you have buddies to play it with. On your own it's okay but co-op is much, much more fun!
I haven't played Hotman yet but i've a feeling that if you enjoyed AC, you'll enjoy Hitman as well!

UrDeviant1
11-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Why don't we have the quiver on Achilles outfit? It's a really Important outfit.

PJ_28
11-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Borderlands 2 is most fun if you have buddies to play it with. On your own it's okay but co-op is much, much more fun!
I haven't played Hotman yet but i've a feeling that if you enjoyed AC, you'll enjoy Hitman as well!

Thanks for the reply.

PJ_28
11-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Why don't we have the quiver on Achilles outfit? It's a really Important outfit.

They made something totally awesome(achilles outfit), and put something(bow with no quiver and arrows) that would totally ruin the fun of using it... How professional.