PDA

View Full Version : Game is completely UNPLAYABLE.

garyjpaterson
11-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Ok just got AC3, extremely excited to play this after waiting a month after consoles, thinking to myself it will be worth it, il probably get to play this at 60 FPS at 1080p at much higher settings than consoles...

Wow how wrong i was. Now do not get me wrong, my PC is no powerhouse, but it can play every game iv thrown at it at 1080p, medium to high settings at close to 60 FPS.
Even the previous games (AC1, AC2, ACB and ACR) all play at a nice-ish 45-60 FPS.

My machine has a AMD Phenom II X6 1055t (I know not that great), and a AMD 6870 which im very happy with. Also 8 GB of DDR3 RAM.

Why on earth does this game struggle to reach 10 FPS?? Managed to struggle past the initial Desmond tutorial, now im in a fancy building as an englishman at between 2 and 4 FPS! Now this is at 1080p at minimum settings, id expect better than that. I was hoping for at least 30.

Really not happy with this, i went all out and got the deluxe version too, and right now its a compete waste of money.

Hopefully AMD will try and do something with drivers, (BTW, i tried 12.10 and 12.11 beta drivers) but i fear theres only so much they can do, Its up to Ubisoft to sort this out.

Razrback16
11-22-2012, 02:54 AM
From what I've read Gary, AMD has not released a good driver yet for their cards. I would think once they release a decent driver you should be able to play the game at 1920x1200 with lower quality settings with a single 6870. I just came from about 4 generations of Radeon cards before switching back to NVidia this year and AMD was always slow with releasing a good driver for new games. That's one thing I have to credit NVidia for doing a good job -- they released a beta driver last week in preparation for AC3 and it's been great on my system, no crashes, everything nice and smooth. Try to be patient, AMD will likely release something in the near future hopefully.

garyjpaterson
11-22-2012, 03:16 AM
I sure hope that's the case, and that it's not just a poorly optimised game. If it doesn't run welll with my current system I should at least be able to play it after the summer, il be upgrading to haswell and a either a 700 series or 8000 card.

SnoopyTRB
11-22-2012, 03:31 AM
Hopefully drivers help you. I know for me the game runs extremely smooth. I have a really nice PC though.

soccer06
11-22-2012, 03:58 AM
Ok just got AC3, extremely excited to play this after waiting a month after consoles, thinking to myself it will be worth it, il probably get to play this at 60 FPS at 1080p at much higher settings than consoles...

Wow how wrong i was. Now do not get me wrong, my PC is no powerhouse, but it can play every game iv thrown at it at 1080p, medium to high settings at close to 60 FPS.
Even the previous games (AC1, AC2, ACB and ACR) all play at a nice-ish 45-60 FPS.

My machine has a AMD Phenom II X6 1055t (I know not that great), and a AMD 6870 which im very happy with. Also 8 GB of DDR3 RAM.

Why on earth does this game struggle to reach 10 FPS?? Managed to struggle past the initial Desmond tutorial, now im in a fancy building as an englishman at between 2 and 4 FPS! Now this is at 1080p at minimum settings, id expect better than that. I was hoping for at least 30.

Really not happy with this, i went all out and got the deluxe version too, and right now its a compete waste of money.

EDIT: This is with all graphic settings set to max at 1080p resolution.

Hopefully AMD will try and do something with drivers, (BTW, i tried 12.10 and 12.11 beta drivers) but i fear theres only so much they can do, Its up to Ubisoft to sort this out.

See the thing is that I'm not experiencing this at all. I don't know if it's at 60fps, at least in Boston, but the game is absolutely playable for me. I have an AMD FX-6100, 4 GB of ram, and a Radeon HD 6950

EDIT: This is with all graphic settings at max, at 1080p resolution.

garyjpaterson
11-22-2012, 04:10 AM
Wow! Mine should be similar to that just a bit lower, when that's not the case. Hopefully it's something at my end that I've done wrong, il check tomorrow.

soccer06
11-22-2012, 05:44 AM
Wow! Mine should be similar to that just a bit lower, when that's not the case. Hopefully it's something at my end that I've done wrong, il check tomorrow.

Well the issue of "playability" comes up, which is very subjective. I can tell you though that I don't get any lag or stuttering anywhere, although the FPS may be on the low side in Boston.