PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime Events and Lockpicking

ThaWhistle
11-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Two things that have NEVER been equated with fun.... why the developers decided to include these in game is beyond me, but someone should probably get fired. Also, there is literally no uncomplicated as **** way to pick a lock using a mouse and keyboard.

ElleCore
11-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Using a mouse and keyboard? You only need to use the mouse to lockpick, which is pretty easy if you ask me.
And I'm a fan of quicktime events, but those from AC3 are dull.
Also, if you find the quicktime events in this game difficult, you probably have crappy reflexes (no offense). Try playing God of War for example to see the real difficulty of quicktime events. :D

soccer06
11-22-2012, 01:22 AM
I agree with ElleCore. I enjoy the quick time events as well as the lockpicking.

ThaWhistle
11-22-2012, 01:33 AM
you both must be high. 9/10 as soon as i complete the first part for the lockpicking, it completely resets it, if i complete the second, itll completely reset. ive watched countless walkthroughs, and there is plenty of *****ing out there from the console folk as well. And anyone who actually enjoys quicktime events is not someone I'd want to meet in person, usually they are the sort who enjoy beltsanders in the anus.

Smok3y72
11-28-2012, 06:34 PM
I have yet to fend off an animal attack. I die every time and I am completely frustrated with these stupid quick time events. Why does it have to be a random button combination? Some of us that play this series are older and our reflexes have slowed down, I have no problem admitting that. There should be an option to either slow down the QTE timing or at least give us a standard counter/kill combo move to get past these frustrating sequences.

Smok3y72
11-28-2012, 06:40 PM
As far as the lock-picking goes, can someone explain to me the proper way to do these with a keyboard and mouse? I start with the left and right and as soon as my lockpick set gets in the right place and triggers the up/down part, it resets itself. Is there a button or something to lock the right/left movement in place? Or am I doing something wrong. It shouldn't take me 100 tries and 15 minutes just to open a door or unlock a chest.

These two parts of the game need addressed in an upcoming patch.

cmrggamer
11-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Honestly, I think lockpicking is much easier with the KB and mouse. I actually switch over (maybe I hand is too small for my gamepad to hold the analog sticks still while trying to tap right trigger XD).
For lockpicking, you first move your mouse right --> left, very slowly. Then, you'll take out the second part. For this, you have to move the mouse forward/backward slowly until it says that you've got it. Then, just keep clicking the mouse buttons until it opens.
The resetting occurs because you've probably moved the mouse just a little too much to the left or right before you've started to move it up and down.

I hope that helps!

Smok3y72
11-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Thank you, that did help greatly.

Now do you have any advice on the QTE's? I still haven't successfully lived through an animal attack. Do you have to hit the buttons repeatedly while they are flashing on screen or just hit them once? I also thought maybe holding the E key and then hitting whatever the second key at the same time but nothing seems to work for me. Maybe when you are playing at 10-12 FPS, it throws off the QTE timing. Whatever it is, its very frustrating.

cmrggamer
11-29-2012, 03:35 AM
Hit the buttons only once. In fact, with some animals if you accidentally hit the wrong one you still have a short grace period to hit the right one. You do have to kind of hit them as soon as they pop up, though. You at least know which buttons they'll choose, since you've died countless times (don't worry, happened to me a lot too). It is frustrating, especially because in some parts of the games the buttons don't seem very responsive. Also, if the animal is attacking you, repeatedly hit the button that's flashing on the screen.
I wish I could give you more details than that but it's really just trying to time it with when the button prompt comes up on the screen.

I hope you can get past it! I understand that it's frustrating. I guess you'll just have to try your best not to get caught on the ground with animals XD