PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* A BIG Misunderstanding about the ending

dmagnetic971
11-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Okay, I finished the game and I think the ending is very disappointing... Well, if Desmond is dead and mankind enslaved, how are people actually saved? And after some credits, what did Juno mean by saying "You played you part well.. Now it's time for mine" or something like that... And yes, why did the guy who was fighting for freedom chose slavery? Now a question for Ubisoft.. Why did DESMOND have to die? Why not his father? And is there going to be another Assassin's Creed? I was hoping ACIII to continue just like ACII with brotherhood and revelations... :(:(:(

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 08:22 PM
1. People are saved because they didn't get fried.

2. People aren't enslaved yet, it is implied Juno will try, but we'll fight as well. We defeated them once before, when they were numerous.

3. Because Desmond has higher First Civ DNA concentration than his father, or something like that. (I might be wrong on this)

4. There are certainly going to be more ACs. the devs have said this numerous times. There will probably be more ACs featuring Connor.

dmagnetic971
11-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Ok, thanks, but there are still questions.. What do Juno's words mean? Who is going to be the next character if Desmond's gone? And many more but I don't want to annoy everyone here..

AntiChrist7
11-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Well most of us also still have a lot of questions, some of which the same as yours. We have no idea who is gonna be the next protagonist. Maybe his father, since he has a lot of Assassin blood/genes too. Could be someone completly new, cause they killed of a lot of characters in this installemtn (vidic, desmond and daniel cross, Lucy and S16 before that)

You dont have to feel embarresed to ask the questions. There will be people with the same questions, and the more there is asked, the more other epople might gain new insights. Although unless its someone working at ubisoft, a lot will be speculation.

As for desmond's death, i Understand why he choose that. if he had chosen to allow the earth to burn, he would have had millions of people on his conscience that could have been saved. Not the mention the millions that would die when the fanatical wars break out after his death. Thats a pretty heavy and quite hard responsibility. And offcours its also about breaking the chain

RyokuMC
11-21-2012, 11:02 PM

2. People aren't enslaved yet, it is implied Juno will try, but we'll fight as well. We defeated them once before, when they were numerous.

3. Because Desmond has higher First Civ DNA concentration than his father, or something like that. (I might be wrong on this)

4. There are certainly going to be more ACs. the devs have said this numerous times. There will probably be more ACs featuring Connor.

Close topic

zerocooll21
11-22-2012, 12:05 AM

This. You're right on #3.

Ok, thanks, but there are still questions.. What do Juno's words mean? Who is going to be the next character if Desmond's gone? And many more but I don't want to annoy everyone here..

Its all speculation at this point but with the current path of ubi showing that you don't need a decedent to live the memories its possible Connor continues with no ancestor.