PDA

View Full Version : "Installs Ubisoft Game Launcher"

SaintPerkele
11-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Just bought AC3 for the PC, put the disc in my computer and am now waiting for it to install. Only problem: It doesn't or at least takes a ridiculous amount of time. I didn't even get to the main installation yet, been stuck at "Installs Ubisoft Game Launcher" for nearly 45 minutes now. Thing is, I own all AC games and thus have the Ubisoft Game Launcher already installed. So what exactly is going on here? If this has anything to do with it (but I doubt it), I have a very slow internet connection right now due to using a surfstick.

Anyway.. Is this normal? How long does/should it take? If something's wrong with my installation, what should I do? Thanks!

Mr_Shade
11-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Hmm that's odd...

personal suggestion only:

Have you tried not being connected to the internet? - it may be trying to update the launcher or looking for updated files - there was a update recently to update it.

If you are not connected - it should just install the version from disc..

it maybe that...

If not, I can only suggest getting in touch with support:

www.support.ubi.com

SaintPerkele
11-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Gonna try it right now and report back with (hopefully) good news ;)

Mr_Shade
11-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Gonna try it right now and report back with (hopefully) good news ;)
Fingers crossed - it's just a guess tough, and NOT an official fix..

So if it does not work:

You can also install the game from your HDD - in case the drive is having issues:

Just copy BOTH discs to the same folder on your PC - and run setup.exe from the hdd

SaintPerkele
11-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Didn't work.. Trying the copying thing now ;)

maxx0361961
11-22-2012, 03:11 PM
purchased anno 2070 on internet after install keep getting error message ubisoft game launcher not found please reinstall anno 2070 so i do and same message comes up what do ido.