PDA

View Full Version : More info about "stun-locking"

Ubi-Cali
11-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi everybody,

We would like to give some insight about what is commonly known as “stun-locking” in Assassin’s Creed 3 and the previous games, since we have seen how passionately this has been discussed by the community.

We’ve actually considered “stun-locking” an exploit in both Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and Assassin’s Creed Revelations (where we lessened the problem, without yet fully fixing it). Stun-locking is extremely frustrating for the affected players, who don’t have the option to do anything about being stunned repeatedly. We don’t want players to be left out in a situation where they cannot react at all to what is happening to them.

What we changed to counter this in Assassin’s Creed 3, is that it is now possible to lock your target while you are stunned. This gives stunned players more chances to do something about one of their targets (i.e. killing them if they stay at range and in line of sight or getting a contested kill if both parties press the button at the same time) instead of being stunned repeatedly. Basically, they now have the opportunity to prepare their interaction.

In addition to our first objective while correcting this, making this change also allowed for new emergent gameplays in team played modes (and Domination is a particularly good example here), where targets can play with their pursuer (breaking line of sight, disguising, coming back to stun again, etc.).

Long story short, taking this new behavior into account, stunning a player several times in a row is still possible, but it’s much more difficult to achieve.

Zebroneath
11-21-2012, 04:28 PM
In team modes, there is a VERY SHORT amount of time to stun a recovering player one of your team mates has just stunned. During this time, the recovering player will either get stunned again or use smoke bomb to escape getting stunned. Was this meant to be part of the game or is it an error you plan to fix?

PurinxPop
11-21-2012, 04:35 PM
But there was always a respawn button, so you shouldn't feel frustrated. And anyways, I think this fix won't make much of a difference. It's still fairly easy getting an honorable death if you are within their range and their camera is pointed to you. There are other bugs that should be addressed, not implementing new features.

lBamitsMichael
11-21-2012, 05:07 PM
But there was always a respawn button, so you shouldn't feel frustrated. And anyways, I think this fix won't make much of a difference. It's still fairly easy getting an honorable death if you are within their range and their camera is pointed to you. There are other bugs that should be addressed, not implementing new features.

I agree, Like weapons going through peoples skin :l

FilipinoNinja67
11-21-2012, 05:17 PM
L o l

indulgence82
11-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Well being able to lock your target is all well and good I guess, however when players start to stand up they still don't have players as a target yet (as if they killed a civilian) and the square is being stopped by the timer. So if your wish to stop stun-locking that may be the best place to start.

Carbiner
11-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Hey glad to hear some official doctrine on this, though it is kind of 2 years too late and without adult interference it became lord of the flies except with idiots fairly quickly and I'm sure most people lost all respect for that segment of the playerbase a very long time ago. Mayhap this will engender some actually competent team play from intelligent individuals in the future but for my part I'm still staying away.

Jack-Reacher
11-22-2012, 05:30 AM
I came here looking for advise on how to stun lock and this is what I get???!!

Anyway it really isnt a deal at all, they can respawn if things look like they are going stealth, their fault for getting stunned in the first place. I mean wtf do you want us to do in Domination when capturing a base after stunning someone, just run away and recap the base again or some bs?

dondarko
11-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Interesting to hear, that Ubi considers this officially an exploit.
It might be the first step in acknowledging what really lies at the center of the problem here: that in all the MP-s since Brotherhood there has been a huge gap between perks/abilities usefullness, and that if you wanted to compete in all the gamemodes, you really had not much choice in choosing your layouts, what in return eventually leads to a boring/one-dimensional gameplay and to the fact that some players will skip over otherwise interesting gamemodes simply because they are forced to use the same exploits. The possibility to relock your stunner immediately is certainly a step in the right direction.
Will it solve the "problem" (Ubis words)? No, because it doesn`t change the fact that this game has basically 3 instawin-buttons (Smokebomb, Knives, and to a lesser degree: Gun). Why should anyone then divert to the other 100 shiny buttons you implemented in your game simply for aesthetic reasons? At least now anybody that considers stun-locking a skill is called out in the open. Thanks for that.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Stop making the game "fair for everyone" Stunlocking was only frowned upon by those who lacked the skill to either preform it or find a way around it. Continue to take the skill out of this game and you'll end up with a cluster of unskillful players with no loyalty to your games chasing and un-stratedgically killing whatever moves. Those who strive to be good at your games are continuously punished because everything your changing is turning this game into a game of tic tac toe. (As tic tac toe is anyone without a brain could play it as something like chess takes time and experience to be good at. If you first play chess and enjoy it even though you might lose youll want to get better to someday beat and exceed the one who beat you before.)

Just a plea from a player who loves the hidden gem that is Assassins Creed Multiplayer. ACB was a great first step...lets not ruin it

Updating: not as much as fair but more of equal opportunity regardless of skill/experience.

dondarko
11-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Stop making the game "fair for everyone"

Could you explain in detail how it is even possible for someone to come up with a Fairness-concept that is not directed at everyone?

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Not fair more like equal opportunity regardless of skill. Better?

dondarko
11-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Not fair more like equal opportunity regardless of skill. Better?

+1

Carbiner
11-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Stop making the game "fair for everyone" Stunlocking was only frowned upon by those who lacked the skill to either preform it or find a way around it. Continue to take the skill out of this game and you'll end up with a cluster of unskillful players with no loyalty to your games chasing and un-stratedgically killing whatever moves. Those who strive to be good at your games are continuously punished because everything your changing is turning this game into a game of tic tac toe. (As tic tac toe is anyone without a brain could play it as something like chess takes time and experience to be good at. If you first play chess and enjoy it even though you might lose youll want to get better to someday beat and exceed the one who beat you before.)

Just a plea from a player who loves the hidden gem that is Assassins Creed Multiplayer. ACB was a great first step...lets not ruin it

Updating: not as much as fair but more of equal opportunity regardless of skill/experience.

Yo dawg, Ubisoft doesn't care about 500ish people and neither does anything that would make them care (E sports or what have you, as dumb as that term is). And from personal experience I'd say there's only like 15-20% of good players from Brotherhood left at this point, and that's being optimistic. Now for the most part these people weren't stupid enough to defend exploiting so the main reason they quit is due to boredom since it is a pretty iterative game, while I still have my fun it would be more fun if there was some competition. Have fun noob crushing though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

FourTotal
11-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Stop making the game "fair for everyone" Stunlocking was only frowned upon by those who lacked the skill to either preform it or find a way around it. Continue to take the skill out of this game and you'll end up with a cluster of unskillful players with no loyalty to your games chasing and un-stratedgically killing whatever moves. .

Stun locking has always been a team based event and IF you are so unlucky as to get stuck with a bunch of 6 year old kids who know nothing about the game, and there are lots more of them playing ACB lately, then you do not have a chance to get out of that stun lock. At that point i leave the game.

I am not gonna let you exploit the game since you know there will not be a rescue for me.

It's one thing if they try to come and rescue you but most kids just run around aimlessly killing random stuff and they will never rescue you. This leaves you to get stunned for 5 minutes. THIS is NOT what the developers had intended but is, sadly, a consequential side-effect of a team based game when half the team is not in a position to play the game properly.

Your second sentence is something i agree with in principle but once inside the game world is hard to reconcile. We have to expect that kids are going to be playing this game. Nobody is forcing you to stay in the game IF it is not intellectually stimulating enough for you.

Metalsnake27
11-22-2012, 08:37 PM
So you need to use abilities to stun lock now?

Can just knife them or smoke or whatever..

Plus all you need to do to get out of stun lock: Press Y .-.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
11-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Stun locking has always been a team based event and IF you are so unlucky as to get stuck with a bunch of 6 year old kids who know nothing about the game, and there are lots more of them playing ACB lately, then you do not have a chance to get out of that stun lock. At that point i leave the game.

I am not gonna let you exploit the game since you know there will not be a rescue for me.

It's one thing if they try to come and rescue you but most kids just run around aimlessly killing random stuff and they will never rescue you. This leaves you to get stunned for 5 minutes. THIS is NOT what the developers had intended but is, sadly, a consequential side-effect of a team based game when half the team is not in a position to play the game properly.

Your second sentence is something i agree with in principle but once inside the game world is hard to reconcile. We have to expect that kids are going to be playing this game. Nobody is forcing you to stay in the game IF it is not intellectually stimulating enough for you.

Your whole statement is invalid since Assassins Creed is a Mature rated game. :D

Yo dawg, Ubisoft doesn't care about 500ish people and neither does anything that would make them care (E sports or what have you, as dumb as that term is). And from personal experience I'd say there's only like 15-20% of good players from Brotherhood left at this point, and that's being optimistic. Now for the most part these people weren't stupid enough to defend exploiting so the main reason they quit is due to boredom since it is a pretty iterative game, while I still have my fun it would be more fun if there was some competition. Have fun noob crushing though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

You dont know that Ubisoft does not care...dawg. And there are far more ACB player left than you know. Unlike the random people who get this game because it looks cool, pick it up and play for a month or so and then leave, we stayed and will continue to support the game. Im not out for "noob crushing" im out for a game that rewards players for their skill and experience not one that hands them everything by pressing a single button. Simple-satisfaction will be the end of this mp. Multiplayer is not something you should simplify for all. THATS WHY ITS A MULTIPLAYER DAWG

SeeknDestroy1318
11-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Multiplayer Misc
- It is now possible for players to lock their target when their target has just stunned them.
- Changing the ability set three times during a game can no longer reset the ability’s cooldown.
- The X icon no longer inaccurately persistently displays.
- It is no longer possible for players to get up and perform a kill under certain conditions while they’re vulnerable.
- Transitions to join Multiplayer sessions after an invite now work correctly.
- Warm up games are no longer interrupted when the host player leaves.
- It is now possible to stun a vulnerable pursuer.
- The X icon no longer displays above the pursuer’s previous target when they have been stunned after being vulnerable.

Hey guys,

What we mean when we say "vulnerable" is basically the state you're in when you've just lost your contract, which happens under a few circumstances:

When you're stunned
When you kill a civilian
In modes that allow it, when you've just lost a chase
(And of course when you're killed, but then you're not vulnerable - you're dead. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png )

The way i see this i can still stun lock, just not sure now under this new mechanic i the stunner will be able to repeatedly stun or if alternating with a teammate is what is trying to be prevented with the whole being able to lock a target. Some of this just downright seem contradictory if a stunned pursuer can lock a target but a player can't perform a kill while vulnerable and taking their definition of vulnerable into account what is that has changed. Has the contracting system changed so that a vulnerable pursuer will have contracts on the 3 remaining targets but not the original stunner so they are vulnerable to them?

IDK i'm confused now. Oh well ill just keep trying to stun lock because it is fun. Also as the OP stated they wanted to make sure that victims had ways to break it, well there is triangle and we'll see how this new mechanic plays out. If in the end all this means is that i as the original stunner can keep stunning indefinitely God help my victims because i will be merciless. Also as "broken or exploitative" as Stun locking was in ACB the new editions are not nearly as OP for one fact I CAN THROW SMOKE, or TRIPWIRE really there isn't any excuse anymore.

Lastly i am so freaking tired of people complaining how the game is no fun with stun lockers and that they suffer because they can't get help from teammates. It is really not my problem that you have a desire to play team modes solo. Its just aggravating to see teambased game modes become nothing more than FFA lobbies in a team based format. I mean i'll play solo every now and again but i don't get angry if i get stuck against an organized team or if my teammate turn out to be kill stealing rabbits with no skill, that is the risk i assume for entering into the lobby solo especially in this game in which it is well known matchmaking does a poor job of matching players of similar skill.

While we are on the subject start looking into increasing the bonus points for all team related activities,(assists, blending near teammates, multi-kill, diversion, opportunist) make those bonuses high enough that playing individually can never lead you to victory as easily as working as a team that way, maybe it will get people to actually start working together.

Lethalla
11-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Er, it was actually possible to lock targets after being stunned in ACB... not 100% of the time. I used to do that regularly, so that if I was stunlocked in Alliance (I'd lock the one whose "turn" it was ro punch me) I'd have a chance at killing him when I stood up again. Also worked in MH.

Citizen War
11-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Good riddance.

Even though I used to do it all the time in ACB...

Dirtyhonkie
11-23-2012, 03:20 AM
Hi everybody,

We would like to give some insight about what is commonly known as “stun-locking” in Assassin’s Creed 3 and the previous games, since we have seen how passionately this has been discussed by the community.

We’ve actually considered “stun-locking” an exploit in both Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and Assassin’s Creed Revelations (where we lessened the problem, without yet fully fixing it). Stun-locking is extremely frustrating for the affected players, who don’t have the option to do anything about being stunned repeatedly. We don’t want players to be left out in a situation where they cannot react at all to what is happening to them.

What we changed to counter this in Assassin’s Creed 3, is that it is now possible to lock your target while you are stunned. This gives stunned players more chances to do something about one of their targets (i.e. killing them if they stay at range and in line of sight or getting a contested kill if both parties press the button at the same time) instead of being stunned repeatedly. Basically, they now have the opportunity to prepare their interaction.

In addition to our first objective while correcting this, making this change also allowed for new emergent gameplays in team played modes (and Domination is a particularly good example here), where targets can play with their pursuer (breaking line of sight, disguising, coming back to stun again, etc.).

Long story short, taking this new behavior into account, stunning a player several times in a row is still possible, but it’s much more difficult to achieve.

Your a dev ? Seriously? Your a dev? Your telling me your a dev and you don't even know that you can just hit a button while you are stunned and start somewhere else?

Is this April fools? You should be fired. Fired. Fired. Fired. You and who ever else has put you up to this. You obviously do not even play this game in multi player pvp lol.

If anybody has a problem with being stun locked then they are nubsauce. And since you obviously have no clue what you are talking about , while you are stunned you simply hit the button to change your ability set while you are stunned and down on your knee.
They should give me your job. Your releaved from duty, come back when you know what your talking about.

SeeknDestroy1318
11-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Your a dev ? Seriously? Your a dev? Your telling me your a dev and you don't even know that you can just hit a button while you are stunned and start somewhere else?

Is this April fools? You should be fired. Fired. Fired. Fired. You and who ever else has put you up to this. You obviously do not even play this game in multi player pvp lol.

If anybody has a problem with being stun locked then they are nubsauce. And since you obviously have no clue what you are talking about , while you are stunned you simply hit the button to change your ability set while you are stunned and down on your knee.
They should give me your job. Your releaved from duty, come back when you know what your talking about.

Take it easy bro, she isn't a game dev she's one of our new forum community developer and frankly has done a good job of communicating changes and keeping us updated with a lot, so instead of flaming the messenger why don't you be a bit more constructive in your comments instead of attacking people whom you have no idea about, since you only have 4 posts i guess the question becomes what makes you not apart of the aforementioned "nubsauce" you refer to and perhaps you should read a bit more post throughout the forum before you go looking to self-appoint yourself the new sheriff.

Dirtyhonkie
11-23-2012, 04:18 AM
Take it easy bro, she isn't a game dev she's one of our new forum community developer and frankly has done a good job of communicating changes and keeping us updated with a lot, so instead of flaming the messenger why don't you be a bit more constructive in your comments instead of attacking people whom you have no idea about, since you only have 4 posts i guess the question becomes what makes you not apart of the aforementioned "nubsauce" you refer to and perhaps you should read a bit more post throughout the forum before you go looking to self-appoint yourself the new sheriff.

1st I'm not your bro
2nd your a console player
3rd I have 4 different forum accounts with different emails
4th if it isn't her then fire who ever put her up to this silly "stunlock" post and learn how the game works
Lololol
Go play some more on your console that mommy and daddy bought and enjoy your 20 frames a sec with shoddy graphics there Sir Lancelot Romeo

SeeknDestroy1318
11-23-2012, 04:23 AM
1st I'm not your bro
Lololol
Go play some more on your console and enjoy your 20 frames a sec.

In other words your a lifeless troll, oh and i enjoy my console umad bro(what's da matter stuck in limited mode-haha tool) Yea i went there.
/flame

FilipinoNinja67
11-23-2012, 05:01 AM
I don't think Ubisoft sees the stun locking tactic as the exploit rather than the actual stun locking itself. In other words, Ubi does not like how you can mash the stun button and getting free stuns without actually beating your persuer. Using abilities however, is completely legit. You get your stun at the cost of your ability and the idiot you continuously stun is beaten by your abilities and not by the contract system / grounded time / 1 second lag.

ACB_Old_School
11-23-2012, 08:53 AM
1st I'm not your bro
4th if it isn't her then fire who ever put her up to this silly "stunlock" post and learn how the game works
Lololol
Go play some more on your console that mommy and daddy bought and enjoy your 20 frames a sec with shoddy graphics there Sir Lancelot Romeo

Enjoy Yo Barn Sukka!

Want some raisin Barn with that?

Emvidasch
11-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Noctalya, I'm experiencing some difficulties with the claim that stunlocking is fixed. While I have no intrest in joining the debate whether stunlocking is an exploit/ cheap/ blablabla, I went into Manhunt 2 days ago with the mentality that stunlocking is fixed like you said here. My experiences tell me the opposite. After being stunned I find myself with another target about to get the next stun. So I apply what I've read here and lock him, getting ready for the kill. Once I get up I mash the X button, only to find that the button is still disabled. Once it's no longer disabled (I'm still mashing the X button) I get punched in the face by the next person and there's nothing I could do about. So I blamed it on the lag and carried on, but the same thing kept happening. Even when I lock on and mash the kill button the person trying to stun me always get's the upper hand .

And no, they didn't use any abilities. Is there a fix that isn't as susceptible to lag as this one? I now respawn every time I find myself in this stunlock position like in ACB (as there's no longer a Mute ability I can use to counter stunlocking when I get up), but it just annoys me a bit that stunlocking is claimed on the forums as fixed while in-game the opposite seems true. Am I doing something wrong, is it lag or is stunlocking just not fixed?
As much as a broken game it was, ACR solved stunlocking better than AC3 I feel. I think the problem lies in the disabled kill button after being stunned, combine it with a little lag and it's just like stunlocking is possible without the use of any abilities.

So Noctalya, can you pass this on to the team or anyone to look into it? I can add this issue to the Multiplayer Feedback thread as well if that helps.

Thanks

SeeknDestroy1318
11-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Noctalya, I'm experiencing some difficulties with the claim that stunlocking is fixed. While I have no intrest in joining the debate whether stunlocking is an exploit/ cheap/ blablabla, I went into Manhunt 2 days ago with the mentality that stunlocking is fixed like you said here. My experiences tell me the opposite. After being stunned I find myself with another target about to get the next stun. So I apply what I've read here and lock him, getting ready for the kill. Once I get up I mash the X button, only to find that the button is still disabled. Once it's no longer disabled (I'm still mashing the X button) I get punched in the face by the next person and there's nothing I could do about. So I blamed it on the lag and carried on, but the same thing kept happening. Even when I lock on and mash the kill button the person trying to stun me always get's the upper hand .

So Noctalya, can you pass this on to the team or anyone to look into it? I can add this issue to the Multiplayer Feedback thread as well if that helps.

Thanks

Hi everybody,

There is some changes in the patch notes that seems to contradict this statement so you are correct, whether it was intentional or not im not sure.

Multiplayer Misc
- It is now possible for players to lock their target when their target has just stunned them.
- Changing the ability set three times during a game can no longer reset the ability’s cooldown.
- It is no longer possible for players to get up and perform a kill under certain conditions while they’re vulnerable.
- The X icon no longer displays above the pursuer’s previous target when they have been stunned after being vulnerable.

Hey guys,

What we mean when we say "vulnerable" is basically the state you're in when you've just lost your contract, which happens under a few circumstances:

When you're stunned
When you kill a civilian
(And of course when you're killed, but then you're not vulnerable - you're dead. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png )

WLP Adoniis
11-29-2012, 01:41 AM
Multiplayer Misc

Hey guys,

When you're stunned
When you kill a civilian

The way i see this i can still stun lock, just not sure now under this new mechanic i the stunner will be able to repeatedly stun or if alternating with a teammate is what is trying to be prevented with the whole being able to lock a target. Some of this just downright seem contradictory if a stunned pursuer can lock a target but a player can't perform a kill while vulnerable and taking their definition of vulnerable into account what is that has changed. Has the contracting system changed so that a vulnerable pursuer will have contracts on the 3 remaining targets but not the original stunner so they are vulnerable to them?

IDK i'm confused now. Oh well ill just keep trying to stun lock because it is fun. Also as the OP stated they wanted to make sure that victims had ways to break it, well there is triangle and we'll see how this new mechanic plays out. If in the end all this means is that i as the original stunner can keep stunning indefinitely God help my victims because i will be merciless. Also as "broken or exploitative" as Stun locking was in ACB the new editions are not nearly as OP for one fact I CAN THROW SMOKE, or TRIPWIRE really there isn't any excuse anymore.

Lastly i am so freaking tired of people complaining how the game is no fun with stun lockers and that they suffer because they can't get help from teammates. It is really not my problem that you have a desire to play team modes solo. Its just aggravating to see teambased game modes become nothing more than FFA lobbies in a team based format. I mean i'll play solo every now and again but i don't get angry if i get stuck against an organized team or if my teammate turn out to be kill stealing rabbits with no skill, that is the risk i assume for entering into the lobby solo especially in this game in which it is well known matchmaking does a poor job of matching players of similar skill.

While we are on the subject start looking into increasing the bonus points for all team related activities,(assists, blending near teammates, multi-kill, diversion, opportunist) make those bonuses high enough that playing individually can never lead you to victory as easily as working as a team that way, maybe it will get people to actually start working together.

Agreed.

Xenolithium
11-29-2012, 02:14 AM

If you so desire to play the "i r teh glorious pc master race" card against console players, try at least being smarter than them. Okay, pumpkin? Just from reading your two posts I developed an ulcer from dumbing myself down to your understanding. Your ignorance is abysmal. May God have mercy on your soul.

King Kaneda VII
12-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Well being able to lock your target is all well and good I guess, however when players start to stand up they still don't have players as a target yet (as if they killed a civilian) and the square is being stopped by the timer. So if your wish to stop stun-locking that may be the best place to start.

I would like to see this addressed as well. It seems that even if I lock my target, I still cannot assassinate them because a cooldown timer is still in effect once the stun wears off. As my persona begins to stand up, I see the X prompt with just a little sliver of it still greyed out. Despite ardent and furious hammering upon the X button, my target still gets the stun in before I can attack. I have resorted to despawning nearly every time I see my target standing next to me.

Free_Hidings
12-11-2012, 01:03 AM
1st I'm not your bro
Lololol

Nerd detected

RexNovus
12-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Interesting to hear, that Ubi considers this officially an exploit.
It might be the first step in acknowledging what really lies at the center of the problem here: that in all the MP-s since Brotherhood there has been a huge gap between perks/abilities usefullness, and that if you wanted to compete in all the gamemodes, you really had not much choice in choosing your layouts, what in return eventually leads to a boring/one-dimensional gameplay and to the fact that some players will skip over otherwise interesting gamemodes simply because they are forced to use the same exploits. The possibility to relock your stunner immediately is certainly a step in the right direction.
Will it solve the "problem" (Ubis words)? No, because it doesn`t change the fact that this game has basically 3 instawin-buttons (Smokebomb, Knives, and to a lesser degree: Gun). Why should anyone then divert to the other 100 shiny buttons you implemented in your game simply for aesthetic reasons? At least now anybody that considers stun-locking a skill is called out in the open. Thanks for that.

Very interesting indeed, a shame it was never fixed in Revelations and Brotherhood. And boy oh boy, the discussions people had regarding this subject.. Glad Ubisoft has chosen to see it as a glitch/exploit and not a "strategy", as some idiots like to call it. The respawn button never was a solution, because it gave points to the other team ánd didn't prevent the targets to use their abillities again very short after, ending the player in the same position as first (being stunlocked). I must admit though, so far I haven't been stunlocked in AC3 yet, whereas every (manhunt) match in AC Revelations ended up with smoke spam + stunlock.

As I have said in a few other posts regarding the smokebomb (which was overpowered as hell in Revelations, Brotherhood: don't remember so well, rarely played team modes then) was and still is overpowered and makes the gameplay one dimensional, as you said. In Revelations, I never used it (mute and charge were my alternatives, I think they are far less powerful), but in AC3 you don't have much of a choice in some modes. There's a lack of decent abillities anyway, which is bad for the gameplay, making it way too one dimensional.

I also agree that this won't solve much and I'm afraid the discussion will go on and on, since many still don't consider stunlocking an exploit. Get rid of contested kill, let the target be afraid of the pursuer and make it so that the target has the disadvantage, not the other way around.

PowerDrome73
12-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Ok, thanks for the info, and sorry for this late comment, but here i have an answer???

what exactly ubi changed? I mean the stunned player can lock the stunner (ok) but... what advantage the lock gives him in this situation? something like a precedence in killing? or wider range of action?

AND is it carried over also in regular situations? So locking will widen the range of action (kill/stun) or giving priority to lock?

I am asking this because I'm experience naked stuns harder in AC3 compared to ACR and ACB.

Thanks

diamonddavep
12-19-2012, 04:36 AM
Huh? No its not, whether the opponent is locked or not, its quite clear that the stun takes priority over the kill. If you are in fact recovering, choose not to respawn, and the target knows what they are doing, make no mistake, you will simply be re-stunned.
I'd also like to say, I don't really see a major problem with this, as you can respawn, and that is clearly the pursuers option. I'd rather see work going into the other bugs such as locking issues, and inconsistancy with kills/stuns/contested kills. I just now threw down the controller and quit a game after a clueless glowing player I had just wiped was literally bumping into me for almost 5 seconds while I had him locked, was spamming kill and he managed to get a naked stun on me. That really just shouldn't happen. No I had not killed a civilian, triggered a tripwire, been at the recieving end of knives, yada, yada, yada, it was quite obviously just buggy. This seems to happen more and more and more, and will eventually make the game (and the customers) unplayable.

PowerDrome73
12-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Huh? No its not, whether the opponent is locked or not, its quite clear that the stun takes priority over the kill. If you are in fact recovering, choose not to respawn, and the target knows what they are doing, make no mistake, you will simply be re-stunned.
I'd also like to say, I don't really see a major problem with this, as you can respawn, and that is clearly the pursuers option. I'd rather see work going into the other bugs such as locking issues, and inconsistancy with kills/stuns/contested kills. I just now threw down the controller and quit a game after a clueless glowing player I had just wiped was literally bumping into me for almost 5 seconds while I had him locked, was spamming kill and he managed to get a naked stun on me. That really just shouldn't happen. No I had not killed a civilian, triggered a tripwire, been at the recieving end of knives, yada, yada, yada, it was quite obviously just buggy. This seems to happen more and more and more, and will eventually make the game (and the customers) unplayable.

and what about normal behaviour? does lock widen the range of action (kill/stun) or giving priority to lock?

AvK KiNgKoBrA
12-20-2012, 07:24 PM
I completly agree with u, ii dont kno if ubisoft has noticed but majority of the ppl complaining are the one who lack any type of skill.

FreshGroundFX
12-20-2012, 09:08 PM

Wow, this is so backwards. The more people frustrated with the game (because of stun lockers) the less will play. Lol. See this is why you aren't on the board of Ubisoft. Also, you get rid of stun lockers and you encourage the stunned to be better, otherwise they are discouraged and they leave. Also tic-tac-toe isn't as brainless as you think, unless you are playing with the brainless

WyvernKnight27
12-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Because it's so hard to push Y or Triangle, right?

P3rf3ctNBetw33n
01-08-2013, 03:57 PM

Just a plea from a player who loves the hidden gem that is Assassins Creed Multiplayer. ACB was a great first step...{{lets not ruin it}}> ohhaithar March 2011

This x9000.

Everything us experienced/veteran players do is almost seen as an exploit by the newer players and so they get pissy and Ubisoft seems to run to their aide, instead of supporting the tactics and techniques that took us a fair amount of time to learn (you only have to look at the introductory sessions of ACR and AC3 to know that I'm right). These n00bs are being granted these techniques on a silver platter and they STILL CAN'T USE THEM RIGHT. Whispers, screening etc. took us time to learn instead of 5-10 minutes in an intro session.

montagemik
01-08-2013, 05:25 PM
1st I'm not your bro
Lololol

LOL @ You ...............Did you read that right ? I Said LOL - & Once again for emphasis LOL . What an absolute TW@ .

Champion packs / legacy outfits & warrior packs look OK actually on our crappy 20 frames a sec . Maybe yours look awesome - when you finally get them.

SageM1A
01-08-2013, 05:45 PM
theres this button. It's called the respawn button. Triangle on PS3. If you're stun locked hold it in. Rocket science I know.

BRANDON-BARTIE
01-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Please can you make a change to make it impossible to smoke bomb a stunned pursuer in a team mode and stun them. It really ruins matches, especially domination when you don't have time to be stunned twice or the territory will be captured.

It's my only rant about smoke bomb... Thanks :)

Free_Hidings
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Please can you make a change to make it impossible to smoke bomb a stunned pursuer in a team mode and stun them. It really ruins matches, especially domination when you don't have time to be stunned twice or the territory will be captured.

It's my only rant about smoke bomb... Thanks :)

In fact lets just remove the ability to capture territories altogether...

H3LLBILLY_III
02-06-2013, 05:21 PM

Agree 100% I just respawn if I am about to get stun locked. Simple as that.