PDA

View Full Version : a question spoiler warning

xbox360gamer89
11-21-2012, 02:50 PM
so i completed the game but if desmonds dead how are we still playing as connor and who was that guy telling you about the pivots?

FrankieSatt
11-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Who knows. It just makes the convoluted ending even more so. I don't even care myself, there isn't any explanation that will make sense to me.

kuled2012
11-21-2012, 02:57 PM
gameplay purposes...

Maurice_Wijma
11-21-2012, 04:06 PM
The memories of William Miles are recorded by abstergo (he told that in one of the conversations you can start with him outside of the animus, after he is returned from the kidnapping). These memories are the same as those of Desmond in some way, so we can still play as Connor if these memories are played by somebody at Abstergo.

This might actually be the way these series will continue.

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 04:42 PM
The memories of William Miles are recorded by abstergo (he told that in one of the conversations you can start with him outside of the animus, after he is returned from the kidnapping). These memories are the same as those of Desmond in some way, so we can still play as Connor if these memories are played by somebody at Abstergo.

This might actually be the way these series will continue.

Makes sense. The guy talking about pivots may turn out to be an important one in AC IV, or whatever the next AC is.

gameplay purposes...

This makes sense too lol. Frankly I won't be too surprised if it turns out to be merely a gameplay convenience. Because lets face it: Not being able to play as Connor would make perfect sense storywise, but it will leave how many pissed off fans? How many of us completed every single task, everything doable before hitting the endgame? Honestly it is a wise decision, if it is there for gameplay purpose.

UrDeviant1
11-21-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm thinking that guy talking at the end works for Abstergo and he's directing a new subject who Is using Desmonds memories/DNA or w/e to relive his ancestors life.

Kfcrsh
11-21-2012, 05:30 PM
When you collect all the pivots, the guy is like "OMG, AHAHHHAHAHAHAH, WE DID IT! IM GOING TO VEGAS BABY!!" or something similar to that.

RyokuMC
11-21-2012, 05:35 PM
The guy whos talking is Erudito from AC Liberations and AC3 Multiplayer

Maurice_Wijma
11-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Potential huge spoiler allert!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/20121121170842.jpg/

Here is the best I could do to give official information from the gameguide from "piggyback".

The head is readable, but for the sake of it, I will type the information how it is in this text.

-----
Who is the man who talks about hacking after the final credits? What could this mean?

Although we'll have to wait for a future installment of the series to answer this question, we do understand this to be an Abstergo technician working to interpret, disassemble and upload the memories of Desmond's ancestor Connor - and, possibly, everyone in his lineage - to "the Cloud". We already know that, through Desmond's enforced stay at Abstergo (and Lucy's later treachery - see page 27), their technicians have acces to a great deal of data on their erstwhile test subject. This almost certainly includes full genetic sequencing.

On one level, this plot device enables us, as players, to continue with events in Haytam and Connor's lives after Desmond's death.On the assumption that Desmond's "true" performance was of the 100% Synchronization variety, we can later use an Animus to better align our succes with his... or, just pick random fights, play checkers an enjoy other recreational pursuits against the striking backdrop of a birth of a nation.

Of course, this cryptical conclusion could suggest that the Templars now possess the technology to read genetic memories and package them in a format that anyone can experience - not only direct-line ancestors. The bearing that this might have on future developments in the Assassin's Creed story is profound.