PDA

View Full Version : sh3 map room

codmander1
05-12-2004, 05:47 AM
i hope the map room in sh3 will be realistic or at least have an option for diffrent realism settings -----as far as im concerned a map with land masses and lat lon will be enough - http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

codmander1
05-12-2004, 05:47 AM
i hope the map room in sh3 will be realistic or at least have an option for diffrent realism settings -----as far as im concerned a map with land masses and lat lon will be enough - http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Bowfin
05-16-2004, 06:17 AM
i would like to see depth aswell,during a attack and more so on the counterattack.
deep water is very important,underwater mountains and shoals are a must

bootysnapper69
10-18-2004, 11:19 AM
map must have an option for realism, i really hope you can write on your map in handwriting about where you think your sub is if you want, and not have it always knowing where your sub is.

macker33
10-19-2004, 01:29 AM
With pencil marks instead of icons.

Philipscdrw
10-19-2004, 10:38 AM
I'ld print the map and draw on it!

bootysnapper69
10-19-2004, 11:34 AM
I like that idea even more, clip board and an 8x10 map, or even better yet go to Kinkos, and have them print you up a wall size, I have a nice big blank wall next to my computer that I could mount the map on. At first I was kidding when I just wrote that but now part of me is beginning to like that idea...

Philipscdrw
10-19-2004, 12:31 PM
My big blank wall is already covered in a 1:500000 VFR aviation chart for southern England.

one.zero
10-19-2004, 03:17 PM
The mapping should be no less than a duplicate of the original chart formats. It should include depths, shoals, islands, shipping lanes and prominent underwater features such as large sub sea features and known wrecks.

I hope for the ability to actually print the map for table top use. This would be an excellent way to plan and execute missions.

As for markings, I support the pencil type markings over graphic symbols. I didn€t care much for the SHII graphics on maps. I actually thought the charts were woefully inadequate for navigation. I often crashed into shallow areas where a good chart could have prevented it.

Drebbel
10-20-2004, 12:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The mapping should be no less than a duplicate of the original chart formats. It should include depths, shoals, islands, shipping lanes and prominent underwater features such as large sub sea features and known wrecks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have some original Kriegsmarine maps. And it does not include shipping lanes and very very limited depth info and the ones I have show no wreck info at all, same goes for sub sea features.