PDA

View Full Version : Huge Issue Downloading (and Installing) AC3 using Ubisoft Download Manager

aquariuz23
11-21-2012, 04:14 AM
Hello all,

I've just finished reading a thread regarding the horrors of installing the game via Gamefly and I wish to share to forum members here, as well as inform Ubisoft, that I have similar nightmarish issues when downloading my copy via Digital River using the provided Ubisoft Download Manager.

After receiving an email from Uplay this morning, informing me that I can finally download the files to install the game on my PC, I proceeded to download the required program, which is called Ubisoft Download Manager and published by Digital River, Inc. Using this download manager, I attempted to download the installation files. Apparently, the way they set it up is that the installation files are divided into multiple rar files (22 to be exact and 1 setup.exe file). Well, not a problem there, had the download manager worked properly. Minutes into downloading the very first rar file, I am "greeted" by an ominous error stating that checksums have failed (see 1st image below for detail error message). It ended by saying it will ignore the error and continue the download so I assumed everything was fine. Not long after that, another error popped up, this time saying that I am getting checksum errors due to DMZ being enable in my router, something that is not even enabled to begin with (2nd image). Again, I chose to ignore it (since there is really nothing I can do) and let the download continue. Also, note that with every file downloaded, I will get multiple of the above two errors, and will cause the download to pause on its own. So literally, I had to sit and wait for nearly 3 hours just to make sure the download proceeded without halting.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/aquariuz23/Capture3-6.png

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/aquariuz23/Capture4-5.png

Finally, I managed to get all the files downloaded, and when I try to run the setup.exe, immediately, I got the error shown below, obviously due to the botched download files. So I literally have wasted 3 hours of my day sitting here just to try and download broken files.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/aquariuz23/Capture2-7.png

Pardon my language, but that is just ********! This is the worst encounter I've had with digital file download! I've used Origin, Steam, and countless other download sources, and never have I had such a nightmare! Ubisoft! I really hope you are reading this! You need to get this straighten out IMMEDIATELY! I have been waiting for this game for weeks, and now I may have to wait even longer until the issues are resolved?! Couldn't you just have provided a Steam code that I can use instead of using some horrible download provider? I have opened a ticket with your technical support as well, and I really hope I will be hearing back from you by tomorrow night!

p.s. For members here wondering, I'm using Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. I have a feeling this might be a similar issue with that which is going on with Gamefly.

Masterpiece28
11-23-2012, 12:26 AM
i had exectly the same problem under Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit.

deaktivate windows firewall and router firewall still the same Problem.

then i try to deaktivate my antivirus (using avast) .

now it works fine :)

ronia1981
11-23-2012, 09:58 AM
What a great workaround! Disable all your pc protection while downloading files for threes hours. Maybe it will solve the download problem bit who knows what turning all these things off will bring with it. For a big company like ubisoft this is a major flop. And off course I posted and tried contacting them in every possible way without getting any response. I should just try and get my money back.
Never will I buy a digital download from them again.

FourTotal
11-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah, turning off what you did is akin to leaving your house door WIDE OPEN with a big sign that says ROB ME PLEASE.

The game is not on steam because UBI is not comfortable with giving steam business. UBI wants to implement its own digital delivery service and it is doing it oh so horribly wrong. It is the customers who believed ALL THE HYPE, which was mostly self sun, about AC3 that are paying the price. I knew before the PC game was released that this game was going to be a nightmare solely based on what the console release was like.

After having read some of the reviews of the game by outside sources i would have to say that those reviews were far too generous. Don't bite the hand that feeds you is what i thought of when i read those reviews. Since if you give bad reviews you wont get previews of up and coming games and your site is affected traffic-wise.

mmatesss
11-25-2012, 01:36 PM
I can confirm that disabling ALL of PC protection solves this problem.

Win 8 Pro 64bit

Disabled ALL shields in Avast and turned off Windows Firewall, now no checksum failed errors......and door wide open :(

RhinoUK
11-29-2012, 10:51 AM
I Have the same issue using Win 7 64BIT. Ill try the disbale option as well although we shouldnt have to as mentioned about the risks. Ive also had one hell of a problem getting the codes for this game through the purchase of a new Nvid card, its taken me 1 week to get this far and i finally got them last night. Although the game came free with the card i would agree with every comment on here about the experience with Ubisoft and their really slow response to questions on the CS side. I would not ever pay for a game from them in the future after this experience.

YazX_
01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
win8 explorer is awesome but all other stuff are piece of $hit especially metro.

Anyway, delete the files and redownload them again from scratch, to do that, close the downloader it will ask u if u wanna download later, click on no and then it will ask you to delete the files, click yes.

iNvid22
01-02-2013, 10:15 PM
do you guys think viruses are waiting outside your PC's doorstep ready to pounce the moment the firewall or av is turned off? LOL

switch the firewall and av off, leave the download running overnight, come back the next day and if its finished resume protection - nothing is going to invade your PC