PDA

View Full Version : Uplay update

arthurfre
11-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Hello everyone,

I bought Assassin's Creed III from Steam, the installation and file downloads went fine, but when I attempt to Play, the Uplay window opens, downloads an update then closes and reopens, downloads an update again and keeps repeating the cycle over and over in a neverending cycle.

I already unstalled uplay and downloaded the lastest version from uplay.com but it didnt fixed.

What the hell is wrong with this uplay?!

arthurfre
11-21-2012, 03:59 AM
Okay, i finally was able to get past the updating process by starting uplay in offline mode.

But now, it says the cd key i got from steam is invalid...

Seriously, just let us play directly from steam instead of this uplay crap !

Black_Widow9
11-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D

Please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support and let them know of any issues you are having.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

Thanks ;)

arthurfre
11-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Already did several hours ago, but they didnt answer.

I thought they actually care about their customer, but now i see they don't...

MiltonZ
12-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I bought Assassin's Creed III from Steam, the installation and file downloads went fine, but when I attempt to Play, the Uplay window opens, downloads an update then closes and reopens, downloads an update again and keeps repeating the cycle over and over in a neverending cycle.

I already unstalled uplay and downloaded the lastest version from uplay.com but it didnt fixed.

What the hell is wrong with this uplay?!

Run the Ubisoft Game Launcher as Administrator.
After it finishes downloading the updates and restarts close the game launcher...copy the files from cache/patch into your uplay folder. On my computer it is C:\Program Files(x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\

The problem is that the launcher doesn't request administrator permisions so it runs so it can't seem to copy over the files and actually update itself? At least it is what happened to me.