PDA

View Full Version : What the heck ever happened to ROW BOATS!

Kfcrsh
11-21-2012, 02:50 AM
ARGHGH!
http://www.playscope.com/Wskins/skin2011/images/all_medias/2012/assassinscreed3/galeries/screens/assassinscreed3_screens_0006.jpg

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 03:13 AM
Alex Hutchinson ate them.

Kfcrsh
11-21-2012, 03:14 AM
Yah

TwoDents
11-21-2012, 03:52 AM
Would have been nice, but I dunno if it would have been necessary. You can already cover a bunch of land by running, especially now since we can call horses to ride.

blacklimoband
11-21-2012, 04:23 AM
Would have been nice, but I dunno if it would have been necessary. You can already cover a bunch of land by running, especially now since we can call horses to ride.

Is that what they're for??? wow... and here I was thinking they were there to sit on staring at the pebble in font of them.....

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 04:42 AM
Alex Hutchinson ate them.

haha this made me LOL

sticks165
11-21-2012, 04:45 AM
that's called a canoe

TwoDents
11-21-2012, 05:19 AM
Is that what they're for??? wow... and here I was thinking they were there to sit on staring at the pebble in font of them.....

I don't follow...

Dexter_8x
11-21-2012, 05:30 AM
I tried asking the SAME thing in youtube... no one answer though =/ It would be fun to go down waterfalls with those. Besides we need more options I find theres nothing to do after the game is finished hunting...well the animals are pretty dumb and easy to hunt bait and hidden blade and you can catch anything. is there a rend were I can post ideas??

BeCk41
11-21-2012, 05:49 AM
wouldn't that be awesome if connor could fish from one of these?! Imagine the possibilities. ^~^

Kfcrsh
11-21-2012, 06:16 AM
wouldn't that be awesome if connor could fish from one of these?! Imagine the possibilities. ^~^
epicness

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Alex Hutchinson ate the fish too.

ThCharlie2
11-21-2012, 08:06 AM
are you telling me canoes are nowhere to be found? I've been searching one for hours

Kfcrsh
11-21-2012, 08:39 AM
are you telling me canoes are nowhere to be found? I've been searching one for hours
lolololololol

Kfcrsh
11-21-2012, 08:40 AM
I also, honestly though we would be crossing the Delaware with George Washington, I felt like Connor would use Eagle Vision to guide everybody's way! Sadly, it didn't happen. Anyone here agree with me?

GLHS
11-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Ya know, it's weird. I was JUST thinking about this a while ago. I agree. It's dumb that we get a screenshot (which is one of the best ones they released) of Connor in a canoe, and then in the final game, there are none. I don't think we really need 'em, but still. Waterfalls would be fun.

Oh, and to whoever mentioned riding horses: I feel like horses are more useless in this game than the past games. Riding In the cites maybe. But not in the frontier/homestead. Omg, they get stuck on every little rock and branch and twig. Ugh, it's just sooo annoying trying to ride a horse through there. Unless you stay on a path the entire time. And lets face it, not many people do. Tree running Is probably the fastest way around. Especially in the winter. Even when it's not, I do it anyway just cuz it's so awesome.

LightRey
11-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Ya know, it's weird. I was JUST thinking about this a while ago. I agree. It's dumb that we get a screenshot (which is one of the best ones they released) of Connor in a canoe, and then in the final game, there are none. I don't think we really need 'em, but still. Waterfalls would be fun.

Oh, and to whoever mentioned riding horses: I feel like horses are more useless in this game than the past games. Riding In the cites maybe. But not in the frontier/homestead. Omg, they get stuck on every little rock and branch and twig. Ugh, it's just sooo annoying trying to ride a horse through there. Unless you stay on a path the entire time. And lets face it, not many people do. Tree running Is probably the fastest way around. Especially in the winter. Even when it's not, I do it anyway just cuz it's so awesome.
To be fair, on a horse in the frontier you should stick to the roads and fields. Irl you'd face the same basic problems trying to ride a horse through the woods.

itsamea-mario
11-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Row row row your boat, gently down the stream, merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream.

montagemik
11-21-2012, 04:55 PM
WOW - You mean AC3 failed to deliver something it promoted months earlier ?? , i'm stunned .

Maybe added in 'the tyranny of king george' DLC later on - God knows the Battles were less than Epic & the later memories contained few missions. Cut to meet the Oct deadline possibly & more profitable as DLC .

If only the bits we got actually worked on launch day.

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 05:19 PM
WOW - You mean AC3 failed to deliver something it promoted months earlier ?? , i'm stunned .

Maybe added in 'the tyranny of king george' DLC later on - God knows the Battles were less than Epic & the later memories contained few missions. Cut to meet the Oct deadline possibly & more profitable as DLC .

If only the bits we got actually worked on launch day.

Well to be fair I think UbiGabe did confirm that they were cutting it out pre-release.

Kfcrsh
11-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Lol, somebody should edit my title instead saying Canoes...

Baked_Cookies
11-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Boats that you could pilot were definitely a useful thing in the other Assassins Creeds but I find it actually pointless for one to be in AC3 I mean I never really find that I have to get across large bodies of water so I never really got sad about the loss of being able to use boats