PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Blue Screen of Deaf [SPOILERS]

B_Stinson12
11-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Has anyone else experienced the Blue Screen of Deaf on Assassin's Creed 3 PS3? I do not mean blue screen of death, I mean blue screen on screeching noise that songs like a high pitch sword sharper mixing in with the noise that you hear when there is a chest or feather near by. My ears are ringing as I type this thread. I have clocked like 19 hours on Assassins Creed and have yet to come across this before. The BSD occurred when I was infiltrating fortress in the frontier. (Black something creek) I scaled a wall near one of the big boxes of ammunition that you have to blow up. I dispatched 2 guards. I saw me and one did not. As the whole fortress was roused (multiple white arrows popped up) I saw a chance to grab a powder keg and blow up the box. When I picked up the keg, the screen went a royal blue and emitted a deafening screeching noise. The compass health and other HUD graphics were functioning completely yet no environment loaded. In order to troubleshoot I spammed button and tried to drop the keg and flee from the invisible soldiers, nothing else happened beside my health promptly draining. Upon desynchronization, the respawn screen played (the one with the ball looking snowflakes) then the usual loading screen popped up with the user controlled Connor. Once I responded, I was again greeted by the terrible noise. I quickly muted the tv, pulled up both the map and menu and saw that they both worked. I then decided to leave the animus and the outside world was blue too. I didn't even try to unmute the tv. Miraculously, I somehow quit to the main menu (the menu for Desmond is not a separate screen). I reloaded my save game and the blue screen was still there!I am going to find proper ear protection for myself and my dog before I attempt to reboot the PS3 and try again. I am a little afraid though. Thanks

BohemiaDrinker
11-21-2012, 12:28 AM
I had the same issue, but it was white screen, not blue. My and my girlfriend both almost had a heart attack. We were at the underground at either Boston or New York, and picked up a gunpowder keg to blow a passage up and the screen got white with this really loud screeching sound. We resolved it by quitting the game trough the PS3 XMB and then loading it again.

vioLence1337
11-21-2012, 03:43 AM
Yep happend to me one time in New York tunnels or Boston can't remember but i also picked up an explosive keg...
I didnt even know its called a bluescreen of deaf :o

Well my headset went all the way to the maximum and my screen went blue, had to restart ps3 no problems anymore now though :D

@ BohemiaDrinker (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/777976-BohemiaDrinker) its the place after you jumped from the poles over the water right? Where you have to blow up the wall?

I'm not sure but i think its the brewery tunnel so that would make it the Boston tunnel.

psf22
11-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Ah.. the infamous pick up powder keg screen of deaf

zhengyingli
11-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I got it picking up a barrel in a tunnel, too. Time to spam the feedback thread, lads.

psf22
11-21-2012, 07:08 AM
I got it picking up a barrel in a tunnel, too. Time to spam the feedback thread, lads.

^^ was actually my first post on this forum. That's why i actually registered in the first place.

I fell through the map once causing desync, when entering and exiting a store before the surroundings were loaded, and the freeze of deaf. Worst 2 bugs i had, but nothing else game breaking, like i've read on here with objectives not showing up etc. Occasionally i don't have Boston on my Frontier map and i can't unlock Fast travel Monmouth but my HUD says i should use it to travel :/

Maybe the fort closing its doors is also a random thing/bug. (Different thread, but you know what i mean)

B_Stinson12
11-22-2012, 06:09 PM
I now mute the tv before trying to blow stuff up