PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 3 graphics glitch

AWOL KrisEagle
11-20-2012, 10:49 PM
So, i was editing my graphics on the pc version of the game. Then when i exited it made my screen look like my video card is all screwing up. So then i started a new game and the graphics were fine on that and multiplayer mode. But my other game is still messed up does anyone know a fix so i don't have to restart my whole game.
Also if helps when i got to the menus i don't have this problem only when I'm running around.
system specs are as follows:
amd fx-8120
AMD 8g of ram
Sapphire radeon 7850 OC 2g version
Update: now that i switched everything to normal graphics its fine....any ideas please help?

Purtuzzi
11-21-2012, 01:55 AM
I'm having the exact same issue. The issue is NOT hardware related and Ubisoft needs to take notice! I cannot max out the graphics settings without the screen having weird "artifacts" and blurriness around Desmond (first scene). The beginning movie played just fine.. I closed ACIII and opened Battlefield and it was super smooth. I then opened AC again and turned down the graphics and there are no graphical glitches but you CANNOT pause the game, open any start menu with either the controller or keyboard. This problem occurred both with and without the graphical artifacts..Seriously, Ubi?

My rig is as follows:
i7 2600k @4.5ghz
ATI 7970 3GB
8GB Ripjaw O.C.

All drivers are up to date and working perfectly for every other game and application.

Have you found a fix yet?

Thanks

Purtuzzi
11-21-2012, 02:03 AM
I dropped the AA from veryhigh to high and there is no graphical glitch, HOWEVER you still cannot press pause (escape) therefore no MENU.......why is this happening after Ubisoft had extra time to deliver this game with all the recent patches. So rattling.

Black_Widow9
11-21-2012, 02:19 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D

Please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support and let them know of any issues you are having.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

Thanks ;)

Purtuzzi
11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Will do!! The "pause issue" isn't actually an issue, you just can't press pause until you've first synched to the animus!

Purtuzzi
11-21-2012, 03:26 AM
AMD driver issue, go figure (sorry Ubi).. updated to the new beta drivers and all is well! yay!

Next2Heaven
11-21-2012, 06:43 AM
i've updated my 590GTX card to 310.54 after having this issue and it is still persisting. The game will freeze after playing for about 5 minutes and sometimes will show green pixels all over the screen. Was worried this might be a hardware issue but it looks like it's not.

Ubisoft...please look into this.

elvisplaza1
11-21-2012, 06:50 AM
AMD driver issue, go figure (sorry Ubi).. updated to the new beta drivers and all is well! yay!

i'm having the same issues. When i set my anti aliasing to very high, desmond is all blocky. Also, there is a thick white line on the bottom of the screen.
i have a 7950 radeon 3g overdrive. Is anyone else still having these issues?

DatBlankFlank
11-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Yeah, if you have an ATI card, and AC3 crashes, and/or freezes for you, update to the beta drivers. They will work.

jaestok
11-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Putting anti-aliasing on the highest setting makes white bar appear and other random lines on the screen. Dropping the setting down one notch seems to resolve the problem. Not sure if this happens Radeon cards only, or all cards.