PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install Assassins Creed 3 Deluxe on PC (Download from Gamefly)

BatJoe1
11-20-2012, 08:22 PM
I am trying to install Assassins Creed 3 Deluxe and it is saying my system is not compatible. It keeps saying unsupported 16 bit system.

I am using Windows 7 64-Bit.

DAS3N
11-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Just wanted to bump this up since I am also having the same problem with my Gamefly download. I tried running the game in compatibility mode and also tried installing in safe mode. I also tried re-downloading the whole dang thing and still can't get it to even run the installer. I just sent out an email to gamefly to see if they have any solutions, but if the community could help it would be all the better!

BatJoe1
11-20-2012, 09:49 PM
I also notified GameFly support. They are baffled. If anyone else is having the same problem, definitely report it to them.

I have tried multiple validations and re-downloads and it still won't work.

BatJoe1
11-20-2012, 10:04 PM
This is insane. Support for Gamefly keeps saying my firewall is blocking it. I've never had an issue before. There is something wrong with the files, not my computer or firewall! They also want me to redownload the entire 15gb. This is ****ing insane.

Stiler
11-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Same issue here, REALLY Annoying, why on earth is it saying that it doesn't support 64 bit systems?

It seems like to me that gamefly has the wrong client or something for release.

BatJoe1
11-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Everyone just keep bugging support about it. And don't accept their solutions like checking your firewall or antivirus. Its clear what Ubi provided them is broken!

MT4K
11-20-2012, 10:50 PM
You can try contacting ubisoft support (http://support.ubisoft.com) as well guys and explaining the situation to them. They might be able to help.

BatJoe1
11-20-2012, 11:10 PM
I have opened a ticket with Ubi Soft explaining the issue and linking to this thread.

I am attempting a complete re-download from Gamefly. This is really a piss off.

Stiler
11-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Can one of you take a screenshot of the error? I was talking to their support and their digital tech guy wanted a screenshoot of the error message and I was redownloading it so I couldn't get it.

Just post the picture here/link to it and I'll email it to him.

BatJoe1
11-20-2012, 11:19 PM
They asked me to do the same thing.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8734/screenshot1io.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/screenshot1io.jpg/)

WabeWalker
11-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Same problem.

I'm on Vista 64. AC3 won't install, apparently becuase my OS is 64-bit.

Seriously frustrated right now. I used to order from D2D all the time, but I've avoided them since they were sold and became Gamefly. I bought AC3 from Gamefly because it was $16 cheaper. But honestly, even as I was hitting the purchase button I had a funny feeling that I should be buying through Steam instead.

I will never ever purchase anything from Gamefly again. Their client, by the way, completely sucks.

BatJoe1
11-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Just keep putting the pressure on Gamefly and Ubi to resolve it!

WabeWalker
11-20-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm almost tempted to write this off and buy from Steam. But that's an additional $80 on top of the $62 I've already spent.

Guys, if you find the solution, then post back ASAP. I'm at a loss myself.

WabeWalker
11-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Just keep putting the pressure on Gamefly and Ubi to resolve it!

Honestly, I have zero faith in Gamefly.

And in my opinion, this is not Ubisoft's fault. My best guess is that Gamefly has failed to provide us with the proper files. At any rate, the Gamefly people (I'm guessing that there's maybe just one or two of them) are probably no longer at work right now.

Seriously finished with Gamefly.

Stiler
11-21-2012, 12:14 AM
It is DEFINITELY the setup.exe file , even trying to run it by itself outside of the gamefly client it says it's not compatible with the OS and to contact the provider for one that is.

One work around I can think of is can someone here who got the setup.exe from Ubisoft, can you upload it for us to d/l (just the setup.exe, it shouldn't be a big file).

Perhaps it's only this file that's the problem and the Data files (which make up the majority of space of the d/l) that' sthe problem.

BatJoe1
11-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Here is their response admitting the issue is on their end:

I wanted to give you some additional information in regards to Assassins Creed III. We have recently identified an issue with the file, which is likely to have caused the error message you were receiving. We have uploaded a new build of the file about 30 minutes ago and hope that this resolves the issue you have reported.

I am currently testing this build and I will contact you as soon as it is complete to give you additional information.

We have applied $20.00 GameFly Dollars to your account, applicable toward a future game purchase.

We appreciate your patience and please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Stiler
11-21-2012, 12:23 AM
I REALLY hope it was just the setup.exe file and they let us download that by itself, I don't want to have to d/l another 15gb after i've already did it twice now, that's 45gb wasted in one day on my cap.

BatJoe1
11-21-2012, 12:24 AM
I REALLY hope it was just the setup.exe file and they let us download that by itself, I don't want to have to d/l another 15gb after i've already did it twice now, that's 45gb wasted in one day on my cap.

I tried downloading it all again and it still didn't work. Its validating right now again. So stupid.

DAS3N
11-21-2012, 01:26 AM
It's funny, I can't even redownload it anymore...it wont get rid of the ready to install message and when I validate it, it won't finish.

Stiler
11-21-2012, 01:29 AM
sigh, validated, redownloaded, STILL won't work.

So tired of this.

BatJoe1
11-21-2012, 01:32 AM
It's funny, I can't even redownload it anymore...it wont get rid of the ready to install message and when I validate it, it won't finish.

You have to uninstall Gamefly. As go to Users->Username->AppData->Roaming and delete Gamefly folder.

Stiler
11-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Just delete the "global" file in the gamefly folder found in the appdata>roaming posted above. you don't have to uninstall gamefly or anything.

BatJoe1
11-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Latest update from GameFly:
I just got done testing the new build uploaded and unfortunately it continued to run into the same compatibility issue. We are currently updating a new file which has passed several tests and we are very hopeful that this version will lead to a successful installation.(sigh)

Stiler
11-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Yea I got a similar message just now,

"
Thanks for getting back to us with this screenshot. We are currently in the process of reloading the Deluxe Edition File and will reach out to you as soon as we have the go ahead from our engineers."

So looks like it will (hopefully) be soon.

It was nice enough we got 20 free bucks though (I only paid 51 bucks for the DDE) and If I get 20 bucks coupon and only miss a single day of play time well that's ok to me, not a huge loss.

Just hope this time the new upload works.

Black_Widow9
11-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Please do update when you are able to install.
Thanks ;)

WabeWalker
11-21-2012, 02:16 AM
So what's the deal here?

We don't have the correct file? Will we get the file tonight, tomorrow night, next week? Will we have to re-install completely or will we get the single file?

I knew I should have ordered from Steam. The savings of $16 just ain't worth it. You end up wasting a night you had set aside for a major release, not to mention the disappointment of not being able to play day one, when you paid the day one price.

Bah.

Stiler
11-21-2012, 02:26 AM
You should be able to just click "Validate" and it will find the incorrect files and then download the correct ones.

Hopefully it will be tonight.

The_Sandman21
11-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Is there ANY way we could just take the keys that Gamefly sent us and plug them into Uplay so we wouldn't have this problem?

WabeWalker
11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Yeah, how about some kind of alternative here?

Instead of a useless post with a smiley face attached to it. Sorry, but I'm in a bad mood right now. :(

DAS3N
11-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the help! I also think I should have got the steam version too. I mean a day's worth of game time isn't a huge deal, but being told to redownload files and verifying as well took a toll on my bandwidth cap. In the long run I might have preferred to pay more, download less than what I'm doing now =\.

WabeWalker
11-21-2012, 02:32 AM
You should be able to just click "Validate" and it will find the incorrect files and then download the correct ones.

Hopefully it will be tonight.

Where is this Validate button located. In the client?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see it. You have to click the install button.

WabeWalker
11-21-2012, 02:47 AM
Just for the heck of it, I tried to validate the install. That was twenty minutes ago, and it's still validating. Seriously. This is super annoying.

LtMadison
11-21-2012, 03:23 AM
Just validated and let it download files, now it works!

BatJoe1
11-21-2012, 03:39 AM
Just validated and let it download files, now it works!

Were you able to install the game though?

DAS3N
11-21-2012, 04:05 AM
I think they are. They just gave me a reply to my support ticket and told me they corrected and to redownload the game. Also gave me a $20 credit for whats its worth.

The_Sandman21
11-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Yeah, install is working here.

Acecool
05-27-2013, 05:58 PM
It's not working for me. I just got the game and I'm having the same issues as everyone else on this thread. Nothing has worked. I opened a support ticket. I'm about to exercise my right, under federal law, to "backup" the game as I have not been able to play it and I've owned it over a week now.

I'm downloading it directly from UBISoft downloader.

bzlmnop
08-12-2013, 04:50 AM
Im assuming you mean the button that says "verify files" and not "validate"... because there is nothing that says "validate" ... verifying now.