PDA

View Full Version : AC III - Walking, then fast walking...sprint... c'mon.

smaddeus
11-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Guys, i don't know if anyone misses this or feels awkward. The problem that annoys me is the options for character, he only walks/fast walks and suddenly sprinting...where is that god ****ed regular run ? the NORMAL RUN ? like in Revelations and Brotherhood and AC2 and even in AC 1 i think, I could walk - normal, as regular human, i could fast walk - that was good, often i use it too... and then there comes sprinting...not running, but sprinting, where is that god ****ed normal running ?! why SPRINT ?! It's not like i need to run for the last milk bottle in shop which is a mile away ALL THE TIME !! not making sense. I remember when i needed to press right mouse button for running...if i wanted to sprint i pressed space bar + right mouse btn which was good option to have, cause i want to play game normally not running like wild animal chasing hire through all woods all the time nor to chase it in fast walking mode, it's silly and doesn't makes sense to not have NORMAL running.

Horses sucks too in some way, it's good to have them, but you Ubisoft ruined the ones which were in Revelations, those horses are ****ed dumb as boot, doing things i don't need, for example... I know that he (the horse) can jump on a rock, but it doesn't mean he needs to jump on it if i don't need, ruins all the chase for somebody, the same with barrels, the side mission to blow glowing barrels among the way when you chased your brother at start, it was horror to get hang of my controls and that ****ed dumb horse to move around and normally shoot. The guy can't shoot from horse while running, what gives ? instead of running and shooting which is sooo possible even in reality, but nooo, he needs to stop so he can shoot...seriously ? is the guy ret**ded that much ? I still like the game cause it's assassin's creed, but guys, you simply ruined one of obviously visible parts.

Oh and, you couldn't take old Desmond's face textures and the...that girls textures of their faces that were previously ? you had to make new ones and make them look like monkeys...literally monkeys, seriously guys, what came over you ? FAST MAKE UPDATE OR PATCH !!!! ADD Running option...the NORMAL one.

Spermz
11-20-2012, 06:55 PM
you mean it's only walk fast walk and Sprint right?

i like the control in Ac 1 2 BH and Revalation is't traditional

MT4K
11-20-2012, 06:56 PM
The normal Jog still exists in the game. On the console version it depends on how much pressure you put on either the trigger or the analogue stick (I forget which). So it should exist in the PC version as well, but maybe not if using a keyboard as it's usually always a 100% or nothing with the keys.

smaddeus
11-22-2012, 04:36 PM
@Spermz - yes, that's right, i got used to old controls, but i have adapt to these, yet i still hate that it's only walk, walk fast and print, and where is the average run like it was in all AC ?

@MT4K - About gamepad, i though so...cause i know a lot of games can change speed of running with analogs, even if the game does not include such thing for PC, i have gamepad USB, but i like keyboard...i wanted to try it out with gamepad, but it doesn't changes the thing that the game needs to be fully optimize so all things should be like they should, not that consoles are superior by only one option that PC doesn't have, not fair and ruins the thing to which you were adapted. I want the normal running cause it's normal, then why there is fast walk or simple walk ? it's like - why bike needs 2 wheels if it can go with one ? it's stupid to have two wheels. It's the same, it's stupid to have all those mods if you need walk and run... if there is one option, why can't it have another ? And why take it off in first place ? cause in first place it was in all AC parts, why take it off suddenly ?

With these all mods i feel more like being close to reality that human can walk, he can fast walk, he can run and he can sprint...it felt much better, felt more completed human being, felt close to realities human senses (except some fantasy tricks like "eagle vision") that's what OPEN WORLD game needs to be, to feel complete human being or any other kind that has many variations of options, if it's about humans like AC, then it needs the most that human being can offer, with all minuses and pluses, with all realism that you can get, but having out simple running for PC is weird.

Joy_Knute
11-22-2012, 04:45 PM
The normal Jog still exists in the game. On the console version it depends on how much pressure you put on either the trigger or the analogue stick (I forget which). So it should exist in the PC version as well, but maybe not if using a keyboard as it's usually always a 100% or nothing with the keys.

You're right, it's the same on PC, the pressure on RT button (right trigger on Xbox Controller) changes the speed (slower/faster). Unfortunately looks like there's no way to change the running speed using the keyboard.

To be honest, in the game Kingdoms of Amalur the situation was worse, it was simply impossible to walk using the keyboard, the character was always running.

comalle23
11-24-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm at the point in Sequence 3 where i'm chasing the Indian woman through the woods, but the best I can do is "Fast Walk" and that isn't fast enough..

I can't figure out how to sprint/run using the keyboard/mouse.. anyone?

nm its the right mouse button :/

smaddeus
11-25-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm at the point in Sequence 3 where i'm chasing the Indian woman through the woods, but the best I can do is "Fast Walk" and that isn't fast enough..

I can't figure out how to sprint/run using the keyboard/mouse.. anyone?

nm its the right mouse button :/

I think i had the same thing, i only think, i dunno, i got further, but the thing is...i can't fast walk...cause it's too slow, and i can't do sprint, cause it's too fast

@Ubisoft Without simple "run" option i can't follow her like normal human being, i have to click and hold for half a second the right mouse button to stay with her, cause if i sprint i have to wait her, if i walk, she will stop she needs to wait me...but i don't know the direction, and the guy is ****ing dieing (there isn't time limit, but let's pretend the situation in reality, i need to follow her, instead the dude cares too much about the guys life that he sprints to fast away and needs to wait for directions, or he simply doesn't care that he walks like a jerk). Even f**king horse has that option, jeez, human being is so pathetic, that, such animal as horse has 4 types of NORMAL running, even NPC's have 4 types of walking mods (walk/fast walk/run/sprint). I don't want to run through the game, i want to act as it would be in real time, like previous AC.

Who the heck sprints in city? others will think that i'm a robber or something, and about the woods...seriously, there needs to be such thing as crouching and I'm not talking about auto-crouch in bushes, there seriously need to be such thing as crouching too. I want to enjoy the game not to run through it and later i feel that i haven't playing anything, cause of only option...sprint. -_-

How this game can be next generation RPG if they took out simple running mode and doesn't have crouching, but they made such thing as "hunting" , everyone knows that if you hunt you can't expose yourself, yet, there are places where those bushes aren't at places where i need, and only way to get some animal from some miles away is to throw near a bush the "bait" and then wait..., if i had crouch mode, i could sneak up and get closer, it would make real hunting experience, not just to sit in bush like ****** and wait for that ****ed animal to come in such situations, i sometimes wonder that how enemy can't hear me when i simply walk (even i can hear myself walking) from behind, not making any sense.

Earlier i wondered why HITMAN absolution got 9.5 mark and at the same time AC3 got 8.5 at gamespot...seriously Ubisoft...such things matter, and you made new Engine...so how come and HOW it happens that "run" is taken out and having such thing as "hunting" you didn't include crouching ? Otherwise there is no use of new engine, some new evading tactics ? some new running style (the way he places the legs) ? that may look cool and fun and advanced, but without those everyone can live, yet, with out crouching and running...that's more like minus for the new engine and no plus.

Tsuzukie
11-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Well I for one am ok with the new controls... I would rather walk around or sprint as long as I don't have to play finger twister. Press shift and space while right click and standing on one foot with your tongue sticking out the left side of your mouth. I have been playing pc games since my first 386 so I know how to play finger twister but for this game i was actually pleased with the ease of movement and climbing. Its kinda of like playing race games with the keyboard gas on gas off. If you don't like dealing with that play with an Xbox controller for windows... I use one for my driving games much better than keyboard even though I have a 2 different wheels. The Xbox controller is just too easy to grab. I do agree with the crouch statement but again more movements more different keystrokes = finger twister. If I were going to complain about anything it would of course be the no free roam in naval or the stupid stockpile/crafting thing that just shouldn't even be in the game IMO and why isn't there an inventory were you can mess with your weapons or your look? Instead it's a this or that approach and no mismatching. I guess I'm just too used to mmos

CrimsonOrigin
11-25-2012, 10:05 AM
I agree about the faces. Des literally looks hideous and a little non-human.

Monkey face? Possibly right.

Jesur22
11-25-2012, 10:30 AM
You can normal run in the game.. but its not a good control..
Enjoy!!!

bveUSbve
11-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Well I for one am ok with the new controls... I would rather walk around or sprint as long as I don't have to play finger twister.
It's ok if you are ok with it.

But it only would be "ok" for UBISOFT, if they provided the OPTION to run "normally" via some additional key-press. If they really omitted that, that's a big fail. (I'm using the XBox-controller which is more than just "ok" - but on PC you shouldn't be obliged to use a controller to get adequate control of your player-character...)

smaddeus
11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
You can normal run in the game.. but its not a good control..
Enjoy!!!

See, that's the thing...you can't. My USB controller doesn't work, actually it works, but only few buttons and the keys are all around, when i press right analog it goes up, when left, it goes down, and i use PS look type by DEFENDER, and i used emulator for it to work on some games, but on this one it doesn't work, maybe i need new version.

@Sgt.Ballou - Having crouching isn't the problem...just press Ctrl button lol, like in ALL games.

And in previous AC's there weren't such problem having to learn controls, except that first AC was bad optimized that i couldn't understand which button is what on keyboard, cause it was console port, like AC2, first good changes were placed in AC:B and Revelations were great, but this new one, i don't need to mess around with my keyboard looking for buttons, it already shows which keyboard button is witch, not that it shows gamepad controls instead of keyboard for a game on PC.

Just pressing right mouse button + space isn't finger twister...dunno how could you have problems just by pressing Right button + space, sorry, no offense, but if you can't do such simple task, you must be a ****** (not meant to you, just saying like that), they could make something different, but not with an option to take off normal running, they force me to buy normal gamepad just to play it... WHY!? then i better don't pay for a game and have a torrent instead so i wouldn't get mad on myself for spending money on something like this and getting mad on ubi about making something like that.

Small off topic problem: I'm at the level where i have to get on two ships and destroy them, and i always try to accomplish the optional tasks, but trying to take sneak kills and dragging them down from ship is pretty useless, they somehow see me, the AC is one of the weirdest games actually, it has big part of reality, yet there isn't anything like that, it is, but it isn't. Of course that's a game, but i don't understand it, sometimes the enemy doesn't see me when i'm in front of him few meters away, but when i silent kill somebody behind corner or something he hears everything, and even when i'm behind crates where he doesn't sees me, he still spots me...with what ? wallhack ? i can't finish those optional tasks, they are ridiculous, i sometimes wonder if game developers even test their own products till the end, cause there are a lot of bugs, A LOT, like always in AC.

Even so, i don't want to say that i still like the game, cause i want them to read from a person who doesn't like it and the reason "why", cause if they read some whining about things and later they read that the same guy still likes the game, they won't do a thing, cause people still like it, so i want to make them think the opposite, so they could understand SOME things that they SHOULD KNOW from the beginning. Like they say, the best teacher is yourself from making mistakes, but there aren't people who are that strong to tell them in faces so they could understand WHAT they NEED to DO next time when they are making something, it's simple common sense, and if they don't have such COMMON sense, then i don't know how the f*ck they are thinking, i don't know their reasons for making games if that's the case.

They simply ship the products and people will buy them, and they don't care if you complain later, cause you have already bought the game and only few people will hear the complaining from those who have bought the game, so it's not cold nor hot for them, just like EA, i know to whom i can trust the most, even the one of the greatest games CRYSIS...with the second part and after it, the game is just great, i can't see any bugs that would piss me off or are annoying to start complain, they know how to make things right, they simply KNOW what a game developer needs to be, they know HOW TO MAKE IT. I sometimes wonder about - does other game developers buy other developer games sometimes ? they are not learning at all ? like i said before...about the best teacher...it's learning from mistakes and other mistakes, learning from other achievements and so on.

I can write a novel, story, anything that will make them to understand "Bad developer" or "complaints about devs"

I have went too far with this complaining, but will my efforts are going to be a waste of time ? I hope not.

zarakon
11-25-2012, 07:07 PM
I think they changed this to make the console controls easier. Before when you had to hold the trigger and a button to sprint/climb/jump it meant taking your thumb off the camera stick. The idea with making it just one function is to make it easier to look around and line things up.

But yeah, it doesn't fit as well on PC where there that problem didn't exist to begin with.

smaddeus
11-26-2012, 04:26 PM
I think they changed this to make the console controls easier. Before when you had to hold the trigger and a button to sprint/climb/jump it meant taking your thumb off the camera stick. The idea with making it just one function is to make it easier to look around and line things up.

But yeah, it doesn't fit as well on PC where there that problem didn't exist to begin with.

Huh...now it makes sense...didn't though of such unreasonable thing for them to make...like i said, they don't think nor test before release, not so good optimized.

Anykeyer
11-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Is there a reason to have regular running? It may have existed in AC1 where civillians would comment if you spint (they were okay with just running) but nothing more. I like AC3's approach much more. Legs button does have its function in high profile and its actually very important function IMO. Connor only takes "safe" jumps when you hold high profile. And you can force him into "unsafe" by pressing "legs" button as well. With old approach (unsafe jumps if there is even small error in direction) treerunning would be real pain. Actually you can get a taste of this in its full glory within AC2/B/R tombs/lairs with their everchanging camera direction.

smaddeus
11-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Is there a reason to have regular running?

No...i just like to brag and whine about things for no reason :)

Xuda95
11-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Is there a reason to have regular running? It may have existed in AC1 where civillians would comment if you spint (they were okay with just running) but nothing more. I like AC3's approach much more. Legs button does have its function in high profile and its actually very important function IMO. Connor only takes "safe" jumps when you hold high profile. And you can force him into "unsafe" by pressing "legs" button as well. With old approach (unsafe jumps if there is even small error in direction) treerunning would be real pain. Actually you can get a taste of this in its full glory within AC2/B/R tombs/lairs with their everchanging camera direction.

I love the new controls, as stated above; The "legs"-button enables "unsafe jumping"-mode. If you don't press it you'll not fall down and hurt yourself by mistake.
Btw, I haven't tested it out really much yet, is a Leap of Faith considered safe or unsafe?

deluxxe_mk3
11-28-2012, 12:36 AM
I love the new controls, as stated above; The "legs"-button enables "unsafe jumping"-mode. If you don't press it you'll not fall down and hurt yourself by mistake.
Btw, I haven't tested it out really much yet, is a Leap of Faith considered safe or unsafe?

Pretty sure leap of faith is unsafe. You have to right mouse and spacebar to leap.
AFAIK, regular run doesn't trigger free running. So IMO, yes, there is a point to regular run. I get forced in to combat way too often by Connor trying to climb an un-climable wall like an idiot instead of simply running around a corner.

eadghe78
11-28-2012, 11:02 AM
I also hate that it is only possible to sprint when using mouse + keyboard. It simply looks stupid and for me a Assassins Creed was always about atmosphere which looses a gread deal due to this issue. I also have the feeling that when sprinting, those investigate-icons don't appear, so you need to stop running all the time in the frontier when looking for animal tracks, which is quite annoying. :(

humajs
11-29-2012, 12:31 AM
I also hate that it is only possible to sprint when using mouse + keyboard. It simply looks stupid and for me a Assassins Creed was always about atmosphere which looses a gread deal due to this issue. I also have the feeling that when sprinting, those investigate-icons don't appear, so you need to stop running all the time in the frontier when looking for animal tracks, which is quite annoying. :(

It's not just for that, you need to stop for everything to interact, like eagle vision...i need to slow down or stop for that button to trigger, and some other things...and yes, i agree too 100% that it's completely stupid that he tries to climb up at situations where it doesn't need to be, ruins everything that is all about the professionality of being assassin, it forces you to climb places where you don't need and that can happen a lot in cities which is quite annoying.

humajs
11-29-2012, 12:45 AM
I have another idea that should or could get changed...it's about horse. It's annoying that when you want to silently get into enemies fort, the horse follows you after you unmounted from it, need option for him like with partner (follow, stop) options or... (go away - you can call horse this time, so it can be "stop" or "go away") and horse disappears after a while when he runs away or right on place disappears. Crouch option needs to placed too, if i want to hunt, i need crouching, cause those bushes are not so close to each other and not so often to meet them on fields, the crouch option will have less time for enemy to spot you and the range of being spotted.

Deaths-Assassin
11-29-2012, 02:31 AM
Why has pc become 2nd to consoles? they are neglecting what I would think would be their biggest and most supportive fan base. you can only normal run on console what a crock of crap! Ive noticed the growing trend of consoles come, first screw you pc users attitude. take skyrim for example consoles get game expansions a good month or 2 before pc users get a look in. I all comes down to greedy bastards wanting people to shell out for console versions and pc versions, Its pathetic!! and yea why to desmond and rebecca look **** now? rebecca was attractive in as2 now she looks like a dirty skank (if consoles got an attractive rebecca ill be fuming!

smaddeus
11-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Consoles are bad thing.

AdamsCzech
09-07-2013, 02:20 PM
AC3 and AC4 PC ports do Ubisoft Ukraine, you cant even change graphic to low, i hate Ubisoft for that and i dont understant why are they doing this to PC comunity, leave PC port to some Ukrainians who perhaps do not even know what they are doing. Shame on you Ubisoft!