PDA

View Full Version : More Viewpoints Please

LukeS1933
11-20-2012, 04:59 AM
Can we please get a patch that puts in more viewpoints or make the current ones uncover more ground. I find myself spending a very long time uncovering the map. I can't speak for everyone but i'm sure we would appreciate it.

Kfcrsh
11-20-2012, 05:05 AM
Yeah, i have to go around with my horse to make the blurred out areas not blurred

DarthViscer
11-20-2012, 05:18 AM
This is honestly something we just have to deal with, explore a bit. I uncovered the entire Frontier map on foot, yes it is bothersome but it's not a huge issue.

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 05:30 AM
I don't know...When I create something so big that takes a HUGE amount of work to build and then sell it to people; i`d like people to see it. With the increasing amount of "Rush Rush Rush" and "hand holding" these days with Video games, I agree with this new Notion and it`s not like they`v blurred the whole map..

Open Worlds are to be "Explored". What`s the point of making a HUGE world, without some incentive to explore it ?? If they said "Hey, can you please explore it ?" You wont do it. They have to FORCE you to explore it, because it`s a world that they made to be explored..

I`m sorry, but if you`re not going to take time to properly explore the world, then Open world games are not for you..

"Open World Exploration" is the star of the Sand Box Genre

LukeS1933
11-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Thank you for responding. I can see where your coming from. If the map was completely uncovered then some people would spend a significantly less amount of time exploring and getting a real feel for the game. But on the other hand maybe there could be something extra after someone beats the game the first time for people, myself included, that likes to play through multiple times able to uncover the map completely for his/her next playthrough. Just a thought. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and I'm not one to complain. After all, you guys did bring a game this vast out a year after the last one. There's only so much you can do and you did an excellent job.

I don't know...When I create something so big that takes a HUGE amount of work to build and then sell it to people; i`d like people to see it. With the increasing amount of "Rush Rush Rush" and "hand holding" these days with Video games, I agree with this new Notion and it`s not like they`v blurred the whole map..

Open Worlds are to be "Explored". What`s the point of making a HUGE world, without some incentive to explore it ?? If they said "Hey, can you please explore it ?" You wont do it. They have to FORCE you to explore it, because it`s a world that they made to be explored..

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 05:45 AM
Thank you for responding. I can see where your coming from. If the map was completely uncovered then some people would spend a significantly less amount of time exploring and getting a real feel for the game. But on the other hand maybe there could be something extra after someone beats the game the first time for people, myself included, that likes to play through multiple times able to uncover the map completely for his/her next playthrough. Just a thought. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and I'm not one to complain. After all, you guys did bring a game this vast out a year after the last one. There's only so much you can do and you did an excellent job.
Oh No, I`m not an AC Developer xD

I was just telling it from a Developer point of view:p

And I think I somewhat agree with your Second Playthrough plight..No one would want to explore ALL of this twice. I agree

LukeS1933
11-20-2012, 05:51 AM
LOL. sorry its hard to tell on these things. Well its out there for them to see. But I hope they realize I'm not trying to complain i was just curious.

Oh No, I`m not an AC Developer xD

I was just telling it from a Developer point of view:p

And I think I somewhat agree with your Second Playthrough plight..No one would want to explore ALL of this twice. I agree

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 05:56 AM
LOL. sorry its hard to tell on these things. Well its out there for them to see. But I hope they realize I'm not trying to complain i was just curious.
And so what If you`re trying to Complain ? I complained and I absolutely loved the game and so did many other people who enjoyed it. The Game is not Perfect and I agree with you not wanting to explore a world so large twice..

I`m sure they`ll see it. Put this in the feedback thread too. I hope you get what you asked for:D

Constructive Complaints and feedback are always great

Black_Widow9
11-20-2012, 06:01 AM
Please make sure you also add this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Gameplay Feedback *DO NOT POST SPOILERS (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979)

BoltActions
11-20-2012, 06:23 AM
At first, I agreed with your statement. Mostly because in all the previous titles, hitting all the viewpoints would unlock the whole map and that's normally what I'd do first. But this new approach forced me to work outside my comfort zone and have to spend a long time exploring just to clear the maps and make everything visible. Yes, it was a bit tedious, but I came to like the exploration aspect. I like this new method of having to work to know what is ahead of me.

jamgamerforever
11-20-2012, 10:39 PM
I think the biggest problem with this is the game doesn't indicate to you that it's left things off the map. I had no idea there were assassination contracts in the Frontier, and so didn't know to look for them. And do they really expect me to comb the entire Frontier to find one man? The Frontier is HUGE!

Certain liberation missions and delivery missions also don't appear via view points.

Don't misunderstand me - I enjoy exploring. That's why I play The Elder Scrolls or Fallout. But the way that AC3 handled it was just infuriating.