PDA

View Full Version : [Curiosity] Evolution of the Faces (Desmond and Ancestors)

RyokuMC
11-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I made this picture to get an idea of the evolution that the characters had

http://i46.tinypic.com/iqhtmt.png

Link to the original size of the image: http://i46.tinypic.com/iqhtmt.png

Hope you enjoy

RatonhnhakeFan
11-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Can you re-upload it to some other host? Like TinyPic? It doesn't load for me :(

RyokuMC
11-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Can you re-upload it to some other host? Like TinyPic? It doesn't load for me :(
Edited

( http://i46.tinypic.com/iqhtmt.png )

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-19-2012, 07:22 PM
hmmm, no revelations altair look.

Gianavel
11-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Hmm. Altair, Ezio, and Desmond all seem to have the same nose...

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Why No Revelations Altair ??

Good, Job, though

LoyalACFan
11-19-2012, 08:24 PM

That's because they all have the exact same face :p Brotherhood Ezio is just Desmond with a beard and some forehead wrinkles.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Desmond is just a joke. He looks like at least 3 different people lol. I don't know how it even happened if they're using real-life model. They probably modified the face scans

TheHumanTowel
11-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Desmond is just a joke. He looks like at least 3 different people lol. I don't know how it even happened if they're using real-life model. They probably modified the face scans
lol yeah. Maybe the guy just kept getting plastic surgery.

TwoDents
11-19-2012, 09:10 PM

With the older animus models, the ancestor would take the characteristic facial features of the subject, and transfer them to the ancestor. That would be why Altair/Ezio/Desmond have similar looks.

That is, if my memory is serving me correct. I swore I heard that in either ACI or ACII.

Sabooza
11-19-2012, 09:36 PM
To be fair, Desmond looks the same in AC1 and 2, in ACB it is explained that due to stress/too much time in the Animus his appearance is being affected, and in ACR you can see the detteriation that eventually becomes AC3's monkeyface Desmond.

The thing that annoys me more is how his clothes magically transform inbetween games.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 09:40 PM
AC3 Monkey face Desmond ?? Wha- ? I dont even- Ugh

DarthEzio55
11-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Dont you dare call that Man MonkeyFace.

Spoilers...

He died for you people :(

ACfan443
11-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Be nice to Desmond, the poor guy didn't even get decent character development or a proper conclusion.
His ears were slightly bigger in AC3, but his face in general was like an upgraded AC1 face, and it was miles better than ACR's face.

Sabooza
11-19-2012, 10:06 PM
I love Desmond, his missions were my favourite part of AC3, but his face does go monkeyface (protruding lip and all that) from ACB to AC3

mazohystic
11-19-2012, 10:07 PM
If I've heard right, Desmond's face model was Francisco Randez from AC1-ACB. In ACR, Desmond looks like the creative director (http://assassinscreedproblems.tumblr.com/post/33284582511/rebloggable-by-request) for the face model, I think. I also believe that they did not use Francisco in AC3, even though I feel like he looks more like Francisco in AC3. I went on his Twitter and some fan was talking about Connor and Francisco was basically like, "Who is Connor??" I'm guessing that means that he wasn't the face model?

Also, in one of the podcasts that Escoblade has on his YouTube channel has an interview about why the faces change. The reason is basically changing technology.

In my opinion, I like ACR and AC3 Desmond the best, which is disappointing because Francisco Randez is one hot French Canadian. Only if AC3 Desmond was tweaked a little bit in the mouth and eyes. ACB Desmond was just... Just bad.

dewgel
11-19-2012, 11:30 PM
To be fair, Desmond looks the same in AC1 and 2, in ACB it is explained that due to stress/too much time in the Animus his appearance is being affected, and in ACR you can see the detteriation that eventually becomes AC3's monkeyface Desmond.

The thing that annoys me more is how his clothes magically transform inbetween games.

You are correct. I also wish they'd given Desmond a reason to have the backpack. I mean, what was the need? It had nothing in.

And as it's been confirmed, the excuse / in-game reason for it all is basically the Animus.

The Animus 1 (or 1.03) used an avatar projection system and to help the user synch better uses their image.
The Animus 2 was similar, but better
And apparently the Animus 2.03 of Revelations was due to Desmond exploring the memories in the black room, and Altair's face and accent was due to Ezio using First Civ technology to truly see Altair. This was explained in Altair's Revelations database entry, where Clay rights something like "Wow, it's great to see what this guy finally looks like, instead of using Abstergo's buggy Animus"

But yes, the real reason is just advancing technology. I think out of all the games, the Brotherhood faces were the neatest. They were clean, less buggy and well done. Revelations was good but glitchy sometimes, it was basically a test of the AnvilNext mo-cap from AC3.. Although Ezio looked amazing with his hood down.

ACfan443
11-19-2012, 11:56 PM
If I've heard right, Desmond's face model was Francisco Randez from AC1-ACB. In ACR, Desmond looks like the creative director (http://assassinscreedproblems.tumblr.com/post/33284582511/rebloggable-by-request) for the face model.

Desmond in ACR looked nothing like the creative director (for ACR)
I always thought he looked like AC3's producer Francois Pelland:
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed3/ProducingAC610.jpg

Am I the only one who sees the resemblance?

Dieinthedark
11-20-2012, 01:54 AM
^No I see it now as well lol

Honestly though Desmond looks like crap in AC3, at least imho. His best look was ac1

mhg87
11-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Clay actually looks and sounds a bit like Ryan Reynolds.
(at least in Revelations, I think Cam Clarke did a great job in ACII and Brotherhood)