PDA

View Full Version : Stolen truck editions

GuruUnknown
11-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Hallo people and Ubisoft,

I was wondering since i and probably many more have ordered the JoD edition in europe will not get one or should i say the extras that were in the box.

The truck they were on was stolen, so my question is: How is this going to be resolved for the people that pre ordered the JoD / CE editions.

Do we get a normal edition for the price of the JoD edition or do we still get the JoD Edition with the extras like we pre ordered.

Even if the police find the truck they probably will hold the content of the truck as evidence in the case against the thiefs IF they find it back.

Would like to get some insight on this as to do i have to cancel my pre ordered or not.

This is for the european version.

Best regards,

Worried customer

Johny-Al-Knox
11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
How do you know it was stolen lol?

Anyways dont think ubisoft was resposible for the truck.

Pleasefixmyacc
11-19-2012, 01:13 PM
true pirates

GuruUnknown
11-19-2012, 01:26 PM
How do you know it was stolen lol?

Anyways dont think ubisoft was resposible for the truck.

There was a press release to the resellers about it. This is the link to the Dutch website that got a copy of the letter http://www.entertainmentbusiness.nl/nieuws/2012-W46/complete-voorraad-pc-versie-assassin-s-creed-iii-gestolen.

This is a quote from a member that got a email of the gameshop he preeordered the game at:

Gisteren is de vrachtwagen met de gehele voorraad ACIII PC gestolen. Op dit moment wordt er hard gewerkt om voorraad te produceren en in de komende dagen aan u uit te leveren. De Join or Die edition zullen we helaas niet kunnen naleveren omdat we de content niet meer kunnen krijgen. De account managers zullen in overleg met u een alternatief bespreken. Omdat we nu nog geen zekerheid hebben over de leverdatum zullen we u hier van op de hoogte houden. We gaan er nu nog vanuit dat we de geplande releasedatum nog halen.

Op dit moment is de Politie ingeschakeld en wordt er een aanklacht van diefstal ingediend. Tevens zal er actief naar de gestolen voorraad gezocht worden. Om de gestolen voorraad te isoleren, zullen we een afwijkende EAN code gebruiken voor de nieuwe voorraad en zal de inlay voorzien zijn van onzichtbare codes. De gestolen EAN codes kunt u vinden in het schema hieronder. Ik wil u vragen ons te informeren indien deze stock u wordt aangeboden of u iets heeft gehoord over deze gestolen stock. Ik wil u tevens waarschuwen om de stock met onderstaande EAN codes niet te kopen omdat op het moment deze in een winkel/magazijn wordt gevonden de Politie zal worden ingeschakeld. Alle Ubisoft filialen zullen in de komende uren hun klanten informeren met dezelfde boodschap. Onze helpdesk is al op de hoogte en zal, indien een klant belt, vragen naar een EAN code voordat de klant geholpen kan worden. Tevens kunnen we de kopers/spelers van de gestolen sku traceren dmv de online activation code.

Wij hopen met deze stappen de markt te hebben beschermd en we hopen op een toch nog happy end met goede doorverkopen van de nieuwe sku.

In de komende uren zullen we u informeren over de uitlevering van de vervangende sku.

Excuses voor dit ongemak.

ASSASSINS CREED 3 BEN PC

ASSASSINS CREED 3 SPECIAL EDITION BEN PC

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION FRA PC

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION GER PEGI PC

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION NL PC

You can find translations aswell but someone did it with google translate to english so they are not quite exact translated.

GuruUnknown
11-19-2012, 01:27 PM
true pirates

True pirates indeed

spectatorx
11-19-2012, 01:38 PM
True pirates indeed

True templars! :D

But being serious.... this is really bad news. I hope everything will finish positive way and gamers who ordered these boxes will get them.

Mr_Shade
11-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi There,

If for any reason you have any problem activating your Ubisoft PC game through the Uplay Client please contact support using the instructions here http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17015

The following countries were affected - and only these:

ASSASSINS CREED 3 BEN PC - Benelux Only

ASSASSINS CREED 3 SPECIAL EDITION BEN PC - Benelux Only

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION FRA PC – France Only

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION GER PEGI PC – Germany Only

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION NL PC – Netherlands Only

Retailers should have new stock, however as always - please double check!

GuruUnknown
11-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi There,

If for any reason you have any problem activating your Ubisoft PC game through the Uplay Client please contact support using the instructions here http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17015

The following countries were affected - and only these:

ASSASSINS CREED 3 BEN PC - Benelux Only

ASSASSINS CREED 3 SPECIAL EDITION BEN PC - Benelux Only

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION FRA PC France Only

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION GER PEGI PC Germany Only

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION NL PC Netherlands Only

Retailers should have new stock, however as always - please double check!

Well i live in The Netherlands so does this mean we dont get the JoD that we pre ordered or did the gameshops get the new stock of the JoD edition? dont really understand your response could you tell us if this means these countries get new stock of these editions with the physical content that should come with them? or do they not receive new stock but something similar as those editions.

Best regards

GuruUnknown
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
True templars! :D

But being serious.... this is really bad news. I hope everything will finish positive way and gamers who ordered these boxes will get them.

hehe =)

Mr_Shade
11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Well i live in The Netherlands so does this mean we dont get the JoD that we pre ordered or did the gameshops get the new stock of the JoD edition? dont really understand your response could you tell us if this means these countries get new stock of these editions with the physical content that should come with them? or do they not receive new stock but something similar as those editions.

Best regards
Retailers should have new stock of the editions - however best to double check yourself, since stores may differ.

GuruUnknown
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Retailers should have new stock of the editions - however best to double check yourself, since stores may differ.

Okey thanks for the update and the quick response to this matter, will keep my eye open to see if its the edition i pre ordered.

Best regards,

manneke11
11-19-2012, 06:21 PM
I pre-ordered the Freedom Edition (for PC of course) on the Ubisoft site a few months ago.

Will I still receive it (around the 23th) now that all the PC copies got stolen?

Helforsite
11-19-2012, 06:31 PM
I might also add that the German JoD Edition that went missing seems an extra one because it has pegi rating where as all Games are rated by the USK in Germany.

DarthDeva
11-19-2012, 06:37 PM
I pre-ordered the Freedom Edition (for PC of course) on the Ubisoft site a few months ago.

Will I still receive it (around the 23th) now that all the PC copies got stolen?

All PC copies? manneke11, we are all concerned about our preorders, but please just read the posts :D
Only part of the stock got stolen...
And Ubi is officially making the effort to replace the stolen stock to prevent a shortage of the PC version on the market. Normally preorders are priority, so no matter what, preorders will be sent before copies to be displayed on shelves. So don't worry, businesses know how to account for loss of stock and respond appropriately, you'll be able to get your freedom edition as I'd be able to get mine(Let's just hope they can pass through the post office without problems :D)

Antilope85
11-19-2012, 11:43 PM
All PC copies? manneke11, we are all concerned about our preorders, but please just read the posts :D
Only part of the stock got stolen...
And Ubi is officially making the effort to replace the stolen stock to prevent a shortage of the PC version on the market. Normally preorders are priority, so no matter what, preorders will be sent before copies to be displayed on shelves. So don't worry, businesses know how to account for loss of stock and respond appropriately, you'll be able to get your freedom edition as I'd be able to get mine(Let's just hope they can pass through the post office without problems :D)

Normally I would agree with you but there is 1 fact that gives me the same question as manneke11. If you look at the mail that was send to the retailers you will find codes:

ASSASSINS CREED 3 BEN PC

ASSASSINS CREED 3 SPECIAL EDITION BEN PC

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION FRA PC

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION GER PEGI PC

ASSASSINS CREED 3 JOIN OR DIE EDITION NL PC

None of those are the freedom edition. I also have pre-ordered the freedom edition and i'm a little confused right now.

Johnny_Reggaest
11-20-2012, 12:10 AM
These EAN codes are the stolen ones.

"De gestolen EAN codes kunt u vinden in het schema hieronder. Ik wil u vragen ons te informeren indien deze stock u wordt aangeboden of u iets heeft gehoord over deze gestolen stock. Ik wil u tevens waarschuwen om de stock met onderstaande EAN codes niet te kopen omdat op het moment deze in een winkel/magazijn wordt gevonden de Politie zal worden ingeschakeld."

The Freedom Edition is not in the list, and thus appears not to have been stolen.

DarthDeva
11-20-2012, 12:27 AM
It's because these were most certainly copies to be sold directly in retail, not concerning preorders, I've already got the message that my order for the freedom has been fulfilled and I need to wait for delivery. Since here release date is 22nd, and most other countries in EU is 23rd, surely those who preordered via Ubishop will get their confirmation for the package tomorrow or the day after.Mr Shade said clearly that only those editions with these specific EAN were compromised and anyone who encounters a problem with the cd key can easily contact support following the instructions on the link he gave.

IDefectedI
11-20-2012, 02:58 AM
Thats nothing I remember when a big rig full of PS3 where high jacked in Toronto Canada . But even after that stores Got PS3 on time !

Johnny_Reggaest
11-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi community!

I just called Ubisoft of the Netherlands and the person I spoke to asked me where I pre-ordered my Freedom Edition. I told him via Ubi-shop.
Than he said "you don't need to worry. All the pre-orders from Ubi-shop itself have already been delivered a while ago in a storehouse in Germany and will be send on the release date. The stolen Assassin's Creed III games / editions where meant for retail."

So for everyone who pre-ordered the game: You do not need to worry ;)

DarthDeva
11-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah, already saw lots of standard editions for sale already in France. Didn't see any JoD edition(most probably these were stolen). I think most EU preorders are dispatched from Germany, my ACR came from Germany and so is AC3.

pan_met_koek
11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Dear Ubisoft,

In the article on the dutch site (and others) it is said that the extra physical content can not be reproduced and won't be delivered, is this true? Will there be done anything to further compensate the customers that bought the Join or Die edition?