PDA

View Full Version : Why does Haytham Kenway look so unusually dark?

MetalCreed
11-19-2012, 02:26 AM
Like really? He's suppose to be a child born to British nobles too.

Iamsosobad
11-19-2012, 02:31 AM
Ya, that was bothering me for the entire prologue.

TrueAssassin77
11-19-2012, 02:33 AM
im dark... problem?

for real, tho. maybe it's so connors mom would fall for him? she obviously has a distaste for whites. haytham didn't look completely white. plus his last name was kenway

MetalCreed
11-19-2012, 02:36 AM
I'm not trying to spark controversy, but for a white guy to be born in a significantly racist time period, being a noble and looking really tan is extremely unusual to me. I It just strikes me funny. Take a look at every white guy in the game and compare him to Haytham.

He's not "dark" he just has a very odd complexion/skin tone/ pigmentation for a white guy that comes from ENGLAND and is born to a noble family.

Know what I mean?

TwoDents
11-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Probably because of the ancestry. That, and maybe being from the order he is in (trying not to give away spoilers, even it is is minor) will give people a good amount of reason not to mess with him.

DarkDreamer95
11-19-2012, 03:23 AM
Yeah I thought that when I first saw him... but I brushed it off :/

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 03:26 AM
Does the Name "Haytham" ring any bells ?

zhengyingli
11-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Does the Name "Haytham" ring any bells ?
Arabic? Eagle? Google's all it took.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 03:37 AM
Arabic? Eagle? Google's all it took.

Yup..

Arabic for Young Eagle..

He has Arab Ancestry..Mystery solved

Rankya_94
11-19-2012, 03:40 AM
Yup..

Arabic for Young Eagle..

He has Arab Ancestry..Mystery solved
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n608/RankyaSignatures/Cosplay and Edits/applause.gif?t=1309659682

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Oh Why Thank you..

The most badass Guy ever is an English with Arab roots (With a Possibility of being English Arab) Can It get any better ?:p

TwoDents
11-19-2012, 03:55 AM
Oh Why Thank you..

The most badass Guy ever is an English with Arab roots (With a Possibility of being English Arab) Can It get any better ?:p

If he grew a beard, the universe would have imploded on itself from the sheer awesomeness.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-19-2012, 04:06 AM
Oh Why Thank you..

The most badass Guy ever is an English with Arab roots (With a Possibility of being English Arab) Can It get any better ?:pOf course, he could be Polish! :rolleyes:

vivaxardas
11-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Why exactly is it a surprise? All these guys are descendants of Altair, who is half-Arab and half-European. Plus they are descendants of Ezio, who has Italian ancestry, and so a tan color is kind of expected. Desmond also does not look pure-bred European.
And some people do not really read animus database entries. ;) "Haytham" - "Young Eagle", and "Kenway" - "Royal Fighter" (old English) are in Haytham's entry.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Why exactly is it a surprise? All these guys are descendants of Altair, who is half-Arab and half-European. Plus they are descendants of Ezio, who has Italian ancestry, and so a tan color is kind of expected. Desmond also does not look pure-bred European.
And some people do not really read animus database entries. ;) "Haytham" - "Young Eagle", and "Kenway" - "Royal Fighter" (old English) are in Haytham's entry.
Wow Wow Wow That is wrong. Altair and Ezio are from 2 different lines and Connor is another Line altogether..

vivaxardas
11-19-2012, 05:36 AM
OK, may be. I don't remember it. Who is whose descendant for sure? Ezio - Altairs, or not? And Haytham - is it confirmed in the game that he is from a different bloodline? Or is it just a speculation that they all come from different bloodlines?

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 05:38 AM
OK, may be. I don't remember it. Who is whose descendant for sure? Ezio - Altairs, or not? And Haytham - is it confirmed in the game that he is from different bloodline?
Ezio and Altair are not related (Confirmed by Devs) I think I also heard Connor was from a different line too, I just do not remember where exactly..

daltonesque
11-19-2012, 05:46 AM
The more pertinent question would be why is Altair so white.

rego00123
11-19-2012, 05:47 AM
erm...you should have all figured out he has arabic ancestry since he is also related to Desmond and is Desmond's link to the native american side...

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 05:49 AM
Not All Middle Easterners are dark

shobhit7777777
11-19-2012, 05:54 AM

You mean fair...have a chat with M for the answer.

Are people really this confused over skin colour? FFS guys....picking up a Natuonal Geographic once in a while won't kill you...neither will travelling...

daltonesque
11-19-2012, 05:58 AM
I'm just saying that it makes perfect sense haytham would have a dark complexion being descended from an arabic lineage.

shobhit7777777
11-19-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm just saying that it makes perfect sense haytham would have a dark complexion being descended from an arabic lineage.

It is entirely possible....it is also possible that Haytham is a real outdoorsy guy (I don't buy the nobility stuff) and I've seen some europeans look that dark after months of backpacking through harsh sun areas....plus I assume he would be on ships and such frequently....the sea does that to you.

MetalCreed
11-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Yeah it never rung a bell to me that he would be of Arabic descent. Because I would have thought he would be Altair's descendant who is a Syrian Arab but Ubisoft confirmed that he was not related to him so I was like "wat"

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Yeah it never rung a bell to me that he would be of Arabic descent. Because I would have thought he would be Altair's descendant who is a Syrian Arab but Ubisoft confirmed that he was not related to him so I was like "wat"
Altair is not the only Arab;)

psf22
11-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Why are 2 of my sisters white and 2 of my other sisters unusually dark?

It happens

daltonesque
11-19-2012, 08:49 AM
he just looks tan. homey who said that about the sea is absolutely right. He was a Navy man.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 08:52 AM
he just looks tan. homey who said that about the sea is absolutely right. He was a Navy man.
That was not mentioned Anywhere and his Apparent lack of Navy experience and hunches alludes to him having no experience with watercraft and Transport..

InfectedNation
11-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Haytham spent his time before and during the game travelling throughout Europe, and whilst Connor was growing up, Haytham even found himself in Turkey, Syria and Egypt.

Source- AC: Forsaken

shobhit7777777
11-19-2012, 10:36 AM
That was not mentioned Anywhere and his Apparent lack of Navy experience and hunches alludes to him having no experience with watercraft and Transport..

I don't think he was a navy man...but I certainly think Haytham was well travelled

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't think he was a navy man...but I certainly think Haytham was well travelled
Well traveled Yes, It says so In the New Novel, but he certainly seemed to lack experience with Water Craft..

I traveled a lot, I don't know a Plane from my Mother:p

shobhit7777777
11-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Well traveled Yes, It says so In the New Novel, but he certainly seemed to lack experience with Water Craft..

I traveled a lot, I don't know a Plane from my Mother:p

tits....your mum should have em

you're welcome

kriegerdesgottes
11-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Dark? I never thought for a second that he appeared darker than usual.

MetalCreed
11-20-2012, 06:37 AM
I know a tan when I see one

Haytham's tan is unusual, hence the reason of discussion.

Like there is no significance explained by Ubisoft in it IMO

zhengyingli
11-20-2012, 06:47 AM

Well, usually in any entertainment medium, the characters weren't given their names without reason. Example: If two people share the same yet popular last name in a TV show, they have to be directly related somehow. I really think that we always take name-choosing for granted, for that searching up a fitting name alone would require some research. I have to credit you bringing this up, or else I would've thought Haytham was a cool name given for no reason.

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 06:48 AM

He has Arab roots D:

Did you seriously skip the last 4 pages ??

scooper121s
11-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Haytham has dark skin?, I musn't have noticed BECAUSE I WAS PLAYING THE **** GAME AND ENJOYING IT, AND NOT BEING A MORON AND WORRYING ABOUT TRIVIAL MATTERS!!!

Also; he has arabic desent, thats intresting, I really should get back on the wiki :p

P.S- meant no disrespect, I just find it annoying when people obsess over the most trivial of matters, there is more important things to be done, playing the game for example :p

P.P.S- Has anyone noticed that Rebeca and Shaun now look ******ed; that's a better topic of discussion than haythams skin colour

shobhit7777777
11-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Haytham has dark skin?, I musn't have noticed BECAUSE I WAS PLAYING THE **** GAME AND ENJOYING IT, AND NOT BEING A MORON AND WORRYING ABOUT TRIVIAL MATTERS!!!
P.S- meant no disrespect, I just find it annoying when people obsess over the most trivial of matters, there is more important things to be done, playing the game for example :p

Calm down Agnes....and don't be hypocritical

scooper121s
11-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Calm down Agnes....and don't be hypocritical
Who the hell is agnes? and how was I being hypocritical? the rebecca and shaun looking ******ed part? and if you notice the title I was joking, I was meant to e longer, but the thing didn't allow it

EscoBlades
11-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Well this thread is "interesting"

*grabs chair*

reddragonhrcro
11-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Yeah it is a bit wierd i wold say,at first i tought we played as Connor in some later part of his life(ACB desync moment) when i seen him.

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 11:29 PM
But everyone just explained, How is it still Weird ? D:

reddragonhrcro
11-20-2012, 11:31 PM
But everyone just explained, How is it still Weird ? D:

Just picked up from the start,will go trough pages.

zhengyingli
11-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah it is a bit wierd i wold say,at first i tought we played as Connor in some later part of his life(ACB desync moment) when i seen him.
Hey, I knew NOTHING about Haytham when I first started. Not even the name nor his relation to the main character. You are in good company.

AssassinGame1
11-21-2012, 12:15 AM
What do you mean by ''DARK''
Did you forget that he also fought for peace, that does not seam very ''dark''

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Did you forget that he also fought for peace, that does not seam very ''dark''
Am I allowed to laugh ? xD

the_heat11
11-21-2012, 01:23 AM