PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 2013?

Mad_Fox84
11-19-2012, 12:14 AM
Is this likely? Ac3 has been the 4th assassins creed game in 4 years. WIll they follow tradition and continue annually? Brotherhood and revelations were worked on at the same time as Ac3, probably by different teams.
Having said that, without spoiling anything I don't see why there would be any reason to return to Connor for a sequel, after the events of Ac3.
Hmm thoughts?

kuled2012
11-19-2012, 12:37 AM
There's still the movie that needs to come out too.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 12:39 AM
No reason to return to Connor. There was no reason to return to Ezio and Altair neither, Hell there was NO reason to stretch the story for 5 games, BUT...There has to be more games; and you may not see it possible now, but they`ll find a reason to return to Connor..and Guess What ? (Oh What a surprise that`ll be) It`s coming Next Year.. (My Guessing...I`m Psychic)

Mad_Fox84
11-19-2012, 01:46 AM
No reason to return to Connor. There was no reason to return to Ezio and Altair neither, Hell there was NO reason to stretch the story for 5 games, BUT...There has to be more games; and you may not see it possible now, but they`ll find a reason to return to Connor..and Guess What ? (Oh What a surprise that`ll be) It`s coming Next Year.. (My Guessing...I`m Psychic)
True. I see your point. Personally I want to see more of Connor, as I couldn't really connect with him in Ac3. The fact that they are selling an Anthology with all the games, suggests to me that they are planning to take a break from AC. I mean why sell an anthology now, if there will be 2 sequels before Ac4 on the next gen systems? I hope I'm wrong though, as it would be hard to wait years for another AC title.

Zrvan
11-19-2012, 05:35 AM
I remain cautious. AC3 was not what I wanted in an AC game, and from the sounds of things I'm not alone. After 2/Brotherhood/Revelations, the AC team had significant bank in my trust department, but after 3 I feel a bit betrayed.

I can say with certainty that my money goes back in my pocket if it's another Connor game. I very powerfully disliked the setting and design conceits of 3 (I tried to like them, but it being a mediocre game on top of me not liking the setting killed it), and I find myself uttering the eight deadly words about Connor and his friends: 'I don't care what happens to these people.'

Now, I'm not saying it's a lost cause -- I'd probably pony up if AC3 Part 2 is 'Connor goes to Mexico,' as teased with the Gamestop incentive, and if 3 was actually Liberation, I'd've probably bought the collector's edition -- but I am adopting the wait-and-see stance now.

If, OTOH, we're talking new setting new story new protagonist, my interest rises. Just please, no more Connor unless he gets a significant improvement in personality/skills.

pirate1802
11-19-2012, 05:42 AM
I'd probably pony up if AC3 Part 2 is 'Connor goes to Mexico,' as teased with the Gamestop incentive.

Where was that? O.o

shobhit7777777
11-19-2012, 05:46 AM
I remain cautious. AC3 was not what I wanted in an AC game, and from the sounds of things I'm not alone. After 2/Brotherhood/Revelations, the AC team had significant bank in my trust department, but after 3 I feel a bit betrayed.

I can say with certainty that my money goes back in my pocket if it's another Connor game. I very powerfully disliked the setting and design conceits of 3 (I tried to like them, but it being a mediocre game on top of me not liking the setting killed it), and I find myself uttering the eight deadly words about Connor and his friends: 'I don't care what happens to these people.'

Now, I'm not saying it's a lost cause -- I'd probably pony up if AC3 Part 2 is 'Connor goes to Mexico,' as teased with the Gamestop incentive, and if 3 was actually Liberation, I'd've probably bought the collector's edition -- but I am adopting the wait-and-see stance now.

If, OTOH, we're talking new setting new story new protagonist, my interest rises. Just please, no more Connor unless he gets a significant improvement in personality/skills.

Explain skills....cuz last I checked Connor was hanging dudes off trees with ****ing rope darts!!!

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 06:02 AM
Explain skills....cuz last I checked Connor was hanging dudes off trees with ****ing rope darts!!!
Bombs, Cross Bows, Hammers, Spears, Staves, Short Swords and Knives..

I`m Sarcastic

BoltActions
11-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Bombs, Cross Bows, Hammers, Spears, Staves, Short Swords and Knives..

I`m Sarcastic

I miss those bombs.

AssassinVenice
11-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Ok, so I would like Connor's part of the story wrapped up and then the series could be, i don't know, maybe rebooted?
Desmond's part is over. There's no way they could bring him back unless he has a brother or his dad continue the "search."
Anyways, I DON'T WANT AN AC GAME NEXT YEAR!

Gianavel
11-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Ok, so I would like Connor's part of the story wrapped up and then the series could be, i don't know, maybe rebooted?
Desmond's part is over. There's no way they could bring him back unless he has a brother or his dad continue the "search."
Anyways, I DON'T WANT AN AC GAME NEXT YEAR!

I can think of at least two ways they can bring him back, though one of them is kind of lame.