PDA

View Full Version : Help with the Me-262

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Hi,

I have trouble flying the Me-262 (the jet for the Germans). First the engines. They go on fire everytime you move the throttle too fast./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif This is extemly annoying when taking off or dogfighting. Second, the cannons. While they are very powerfull, they don't seem to be usefull. While firing you can't see anything in front of you and the FPS goes down alot./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
Any help will be appreciated.

My system specs are as follows:
XP2800 (not overclcoked)
Nvidia FX5200 256mb ram using the latest Nvidia drivers (not overclocked)
Nforce2 Moboard using latest Nvidia drivers
WinXP pro
512mb ram

http://www.x-plane.org/users/12thiaptbone/eagle2.jpg

Message Edited on 11/09/0304:23PM by eagleioaiojaojo

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Hi,

I have trouble flying the Me-262 (the jet for the Germans). First the engines. They go on fire everytime you move the throttle too fast./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif This is extemly annoying when taking off or dogfighting. Second, the cannons. While they are very powerfull, they don't seem to be usefull. While firing you can't see anything in front of you and the FPS goes down alot./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
Any help will be appreciated.

My system specs are as follows:
XP2800 (not overclcoked)
Nvidia FX5200 256mb ram using the latest Nvidia drivers (not overclocked)
Nforce2 Moboard using latest Nvidia drivers
WinXP pro
512mb ram

Message Edited on 11/09/0304:23PM by eagleioaiojaojo

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:27 PM
eagleioaiojaojo wrote:
- Hi,
-
- I have trouble flying the Me-262 (the jet for the
- Germans). First the engines. They go on fire
- everytime you move the throttle too fast.

Don't move the throttle too fast then!

- Second, the cannons.
- While they are very powerfull, they don't seem to be
- usefull. While firing you can't see anything in
- front of you and the FPS goes down alot.

Don't shoot then /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Just kidding!
Have you tried slightly lowering your detail settings?
This might be better asked in the Tech Forum though!

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

Message Edited on 11/09/0304:28PM by Extreme_One

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Excelent advice./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif What I'm looking for is at what speed should I move the throttle and how am I supposed to aim when I can't see.

I recall a link to an Me-262 manual or something like that. However, I lost it/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif . Can somebody point me in the right direction?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Nevermind. I found it.

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:54 PM
I hold down the brakes and bring the throttle up slowly. Around 70-80% the plane starts to roll even with the brakes on. I release the brakes and keep pushing on the throttles until I get to 110%.

The cannons are deadly on the 262. Get closer before you fire. Climb above bombers and swoop down on them at 500 kph. Turn jsut before you fly into them. Fire just before you have to turn.

Any tips on landing the darned thing. About 50 attempts, only 1 sucessful. I try the loooong, slow approach, but I always bounce on my first contact. Then I bounce again and again, higher and higher. I look like a kangaroo!

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 06:26 PM
As what regards the engines: as soon as you´ve reached at least 50% of the RPM you can give full throttle. Just make sure to stay over 600 Km/h to keep the turbos from overheating.
The guns are very effective but give a high kinetic impulse to the whole fuselage if used in intervals of more than 1 or 2 seconds. Aiming becomes almost impossible then. But those short blows will do !
Approach bombers from the rear at a speed of at least 600 Km/h, start aiming at 1200 meters distance, start firing at 1000 m, fire in two short intervals of about 2 seconds and break off at a distance of 800 m - otherwise it will be most likely to be hit by one of the gunners, especially attacking larger formations. As your bullets need a few seconds to reach the target, it can be necessary to turn away without observing the impact !

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 06:36 PM
You mean pre-1.2 patch? they already work on it and test and fix on it. It should be improve and more realistic on rpm after Beta test. I think you miss read Oleg's message about beta 1.2 patch. However still realistic if you throttle too fast should be flameout not catch fire unless if flooding engine with petrol.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 06:42 PM
interesting... i never seem to have troubles with me262 attacking bombers. What I do is fly to its 6 slightly higher, shoot in engines from all 4 cannons and the bomber is dead. If miss I go up, make a yoyo and start all over. I never get hit by a gunner as my speed is realy fast.

Its realy easy to land me262 with its tripod gear, just keep the nose high. I can easily land starting wtih speed of 200km/h or even more, nothing breaks(umm engine maybe sometimes). Don't be afrair to hit breaks, be sure your propeller be just fine /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

And about the thortle thing, I dont use it much, its always 80%-100%.

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 06:56 PM
I guess you found the manual on our squad site, or the mudmovers site. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Move the throttle slowly under 6000rpm (45% throttle, but you have to let rpm's build to 6000), above that you can move throttle normally.

As far as the guns go they are very effective but are blinding as you say. Fire them in VERY short bursts. I too had a huge FPS hit whenever firing the 262's cannons, and unfortunately it is the only plane which has this problem. I recently upgraded my sytem and now my stutters are non-existent in the A-2 Sturmvogel, but I still get them a little in gunsite view in the A-1 Schwable. Unfortunatley I tried adjusting sound and video options with little success, its a shame that only the 262 has this problem.

Btw, the throttle should always be kept high in combat situations. I rarely go above 95% though unless I am being pursued as going above 95% causes you to leave very visible smoke trail giving away what you are doing.

As far as attacking bombers there is an example of how to do this on our website as well. NEVER attack from 6 o'clock. I only attack bombers with head-on, and I have no problems defeating 4 Pe-8's on ace level. Make head-on attack run in a shallow dive, extend away, climb as you turn around and overtake bombers, at the proper distance turn back into bombers and dive into them again head-on. This take a long time and requires patience but it is very effective. You should always know your opponent and where his defensive fire gaps are (if there is one) as well.

Hope this helps;

Hunde.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~fiveds/images/anthony1.jpg

jg51.com

Message Edited on 11/09/0306:05PM by Hunde_3.-JG.51