PDA

View Full Version : Haven't finished AC yet, heard a major spoiler... Need to know if the story is ruined

DTsoy
11-18-2012, 09:03 PM
SPOILERS AHEAD! SPOILERS AHEAD! SPOILERS AHEAD!

Some ******* on youtube spoiled that Desmond dies in one of the games (I'm guessing ACIII but I don't know. I'm only about halfway through ACII right now.)

I had a plan to play through ACII, brohood, and revelations, and then play ACIII for the full experience, but hearing that detail made me wonder if there was a point anymore. Can you guys tell me if there is more to the story, or if that is a major spoiler or not?

Chariflame
11-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Please, play the games. The full experience of ACII to Brotherhood to Revelations and then ACIII is incredible, regardless of any spoilers you may have heard. There is definitely, definitely a point. :)

DTsoy
11-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Please, play the games. The full experience of ACII to Brotherhood to Revelations and then ACIII is incredible, regardless of any spoilers you may have heard. There is definitely, definitely a point. :)

Thank you, that makes me feel better about that - Any other inputs on this matter?

mazohystic
11-18-2012, 09:19 PM
I think we saw the same idiot on YouTube. I played the games anyway. It doesn't ruin the experience just changes it. In fact, I think in your case it might even be a little bit more interesting. Have fun!

NumberSix1967
11-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Well, there'd be no point in stopping now, so you may as well finish the game and take the ending how you see it: which will be good, or bad. From there you can decide if you liked the game or not and come back here, moan like hell or praise it to high heaven, mention the hood, then wait until next year like the rest of us. But, yeah, finish it. There's really no reason not to, regardless of what you have or haven't heard.

Turul.
11-18-2012, 09:22 PM
i wont tell you if that's true, but play all the games to find out what happens!

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 09:22 PM
From there you can decide if you liked the game or not and come back here, moan like hell or praise it to high heaven, mention the hood, then wait until next year like the rest of us. But, yeah, finish it. There's really no reason not to, regardless of what you have or haven't heard.
Story of the our lives..

DTsoy
11-18-2012, 09:24 PM
So there are multiple endings... So would that mean that it isn't necessarily a spoiler?

lol, I know I sound like I'm trying to rationalize with myself but I'm extremely pissed off that I heard that detail...

WarriorPaint
11-18-2012, 09:38 PM
I advise you to play them for the gaming experience. The story rapidly depreciates and becomes more convoluted with each passing game. There's definitely no need to make playing them a priority unless you're a big fan of the gameplay (like me). I've never played Brotherhood or Revelations myself and in hindsight I'm glad I didn't. I personally recommend skipping them and going straight to 3 from 2. You'll miss some mildly significant events, but once you've made it past the endgame there's no way you'll give a **** retrospectively.

Chariflame
11-18-2012, 09:45 PM
There aren't multiple endings but the ending is pretty open for a lot of interpretation and possibilities.

But honestly, it's not about the ending, it's about the journey getting there. There so many incredible characters for you to meet and incredible plot points for you to experience!