PDA

View Full Version : Chase scenes fixed in patch

apresmode
11-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I kind of want to experience the chase scenes before the patch comes out. I don't want o rush my play through though. Can someone tell me what sequences the two chases are. I'd like to try to beat them on their originally intended difficulty. I guess I could just hold off on the patch too. Are they really that hard or is it that the extra constraints are really hard?

the_heat11
11-18-2012, 07:42 PM
*SPOILERS*

i think the two that people have a really hard time on are the ones with Hickey and Lee. If only gotten to Sequence 9 so far but i didnt find the hickey chase too hard. I avoided shoving anyone by taking a different route than where he throws all the coins and then i turned left at the main street and got ona horse. (that way its impossible to shove anyone) the i cut him off and tackled him from my horse.

Turul.
11-18-2012, 07:48 PM
hickey one is near impossible, not shoving anyone? good luck keeping up, and and you have to tackle him from an aerial spot...like come on ubi....did you guys really play test these?

and the charles lee chase you cant break 50 meters or somehting like that. explosions that knock you down dont help . its possible, but incredibly frustrating.

the_heat11
11-18-2012, 07:52 PM
hickey one is near impossible, not shoving anyone? good luck keeping up, and and you have to tackle him from an aerial spot...like come on ubi....did you guys really play test these?

and the charles lee chase you cant break 50 meters or somehting like that. explosions that knock you down dont help . its possible, but incredibly frustrating.

You actually don't have to do an aerial tackle I just tackled him from the front and still got full sync.

jamgamerforever
11-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Got full sync on both and I don't consider myself a fantastic gamer. This game really needs difficulty settings. I want the game to be HARDER, not easier.

Mr_Shade
11-18-2012, 08:11 PM

re: Hicky - I just cut him off via a short cut - don't follow him ;)

Lee = was tricky but do able.

MadJC1986
11-18-2012, 08:33 PM
I reached 100% some days ago. And I don't think these chases were that hard. I needed 2 or 3 tries but compared to other games AC was pretty easy!

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 08:52 PM
They make it hard "MAKE IT EASIER"
They make it easier "MAKE IT HARDER"

I honestly wouldn't want this fanbase to be mine..

Don`t bother replying, because you`ll probably say "Oh No, hard and frustrating are 2 different things" Sorry the game was not a perfectly tailored suit for your size

zhengyingli
11-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Lee = was tricky but do able.
Tricky to SOLVE, not tricky to do, at all.

Mr_Shade
11-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Tricky to SOLVE, not tricky to do, at all.
indeed ;)

rocketxsurgeon
11-18-2012, 10:08 PM
I personally found the Lee chase to be harder, it took me a lot longer to do. Connor just loved jumping in different directions instead of actually going forward, which was really annoying.

Chocoburger
11-18-2012, 11:05 PM
I did both 100% but the Hickey chase was really a pain in the bum. The problem is the devs are forcing very poorly thought out constraints onto the player. There should NEVER, EVER, FOREVER be a constraint that tells you "Don't push anyone in a chase scene." What a stupid concept, you know what makes it worse though? Is if you bump into Hickey (the man you want to TACKLE) then you fail the constraint. Excuse me? The game wants me to JUMP onto a man, but if I BUMP into him, I fail? Who decided such terrible gameplay? If the constraint was something else, then it wouldn't be such a pain, I also didn't know about some shortcut to catch up to him.

You know how I beat the chase scene without bumping into anyone? The game glitched. Yep. The glitch actually made it easier for me! Sometimes Hickey will run into a crowd and get stuck and not move, well that happened to me and then I tackled him within 20 seconds of the chase and did it that way. Yay for poor game programming? :nonchalance:

As for Lee, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Hickey, there is a shortcut early on that should help and that's good enough to alleviate any major frustration. Basically once you get past the first part of the chase, the rest is very simple and easy.

zhengyingli
11-18-2012, 11:08 PM
As for Lee, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Hickey, there is a shortcut early on that should help and that's good enough to alleviate any major frustration. Basically once you get past the first part of the chase, the rest is very simple and easy.
There's also a shortcut for Hickey where you don't have to tackle anyone. Took me four loops to figure it out, though.