PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers] Why were so many major plot points dropped in AC3?

ACfan443
11-18-2012, 04:45 PM
This is an article/blog which has been keeping up with the Desmond plot since AC2, and updating details with each game: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/06/10/assassins-creed-3-will-see-desmond-become-the-ultimate-assassin.htm

What annoyed me about AC3 a lot was the huge lack of Desmond content, and how all the major plot points established by previous AC games were so carelessly dropped

Extract from the article:
Once again in Brotherhood The Truth sequence becomes especially important when you hear about what’s revealed by Subject 16. Namely, that Desmond has to find his “future wife” Eve. This may tie in to what Juno says about the two of them having a child (16 says a son) who will be a First Civilization pure-blood to revive their race. Which may explain why these ancients felt Desmond’s love-interest Lucy had to die.

In Clay's truth video, he refers to Eve, Desmond's DNA, his son and a few other things. None of these were picked up and developed in AC3, which has left the present day plot feeling empty and lacking. I feel I'm still longing for answers, since the main reason I bought AC3 was for Desmond's story. (I know someone will mention this, so I'll say it now, I've watched EscoBlades' AC3 ending thoughts video, and a lot of the points made were very valid and plausible, however I don't believe Juno is Eve, or that "awakening the sixth" referred to the sixth method of salvation. At the end of brotherhood, Juno said humans have 5 senses and TWCB had 6, with the sixth being knowledge, so awakening the sixth probably meant awakening 'knowledge') - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc67qdROmbA

So who's Eve, what's going to happen with Desmond's son? I understand they had a massive task making AC3, but I think they spent too long making it look good and didn't take the time and care to structure the present day plot, or just didn't care about it anymore. Maybe all the stuff built up in previous games left the story convoluted, and the writers had bitten off more than they could chew. But either way, they should have closed these threads since they were part of the Desmond narrative. To those who've been investing in Desmond's story, do you feel AC3 was a true payoff to the core fans, and why do you think these plot points were dropped?

ze_topazio
11-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Ever since Désilets left Ubisoft the story quality dropped considerably and started making less and less sense.

pirate1802
11-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Eve is mention in AC3L, I heard. Though you should have looked into the spoiler rules before posting this thread..

TrueAssassin77
11-18-2012, 05:08 PM
oh. its because they made a 5 hour prolouge man. they obviously spent more time story-wise on the prolouge than with the rest of the game...

but hey, haytham is a well liked hero so it doesn't matter /sarcasm

ACfan443
11-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Eve is mention in AC3L, I heard. Though you should have looked into the spoiler rules before posting this thread..

I guess so, my apologies, I assumed most of the fans are already aware of the events of the previous games, and I also didn't mention any major spoilers from AC3, or its ending

MT4K
11-18-2012, 05:15 PM
I guess so, my apologies, I assumed most of the fans are already aware of the events of the previous games, and I also didn't mention any major spoilers from AC3, or its ending

The spoiler rules cover all the games in the franchise though just because of potential new players to the series itself :).

Edit: Also when i moved this i meant to leave a redirect... bah oh well. my bad.

ACfan443
11-18-2012, 05:38 PM
The spoiler rules cover all the games in the franchise though just because of potential new players to the series itself :).

Edit: Also when i moved this i meant to leave a redirect... bah oh well. my bad.

Lol, for a second I thought the thread was deleted. I still don't get why a lot of the stuff that people want to discuss is pushed off to a different section

MT4K
11-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Lol, for a second I thought the thread was deleted. I still don't get why a lot of the stuff that people want to discuss is pushed off to a different section

Because of spoilers. It won't be that way for too much longer though. PC release isn't far off :). I'm not sure when exactly the rules will go back to "normal", but it'll be sometime shortly after the PC release anyway :p.

ACfan443
11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Because of spoilers. It won't be that way for too much longer though. PC release isn't far off :). I'm not sure when exactly the rules will go back to "normal", but it'll be sometime shortly after the PC release anyway :p.

Ofcourse! I completely forgot about PC. It makes sense now :p