PDA

View Full Version : Haytham's Sword kills vs. Connor's Sword kills

FL4PPYflap
11-18-2012, 04:12 AM
Hey guys,

So one obvious thing that most of us noticed is that Haytham has different sword animations than Connor.
When playing as Connor, I would have rather liked to see Connor have his sword moves in addition to Haytham's sword moves so we would have tons of sword animations.
But then I do see how Haytham's fancy fencing-like style wouldn't really fit Connor.
But still... I don't know why, but I just really like Haytham's kills better. I love how beautiful yet streamlined it looked, comparatively, to say... Connor's style of extremely visceral sword fighting.

Not that I disliked his. Haytham just had a certain flair. Am I though only one that thinks this?

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 04:14 AM
Haytham is a Noble. Nobles are trained in Fencing. and I really appreciated the difference in Sword Techniques. I liked Haytham`s more;I can relate to it better, Because I`m an Epee fencer..His stance was just Awesome. So arrogantly flair..Altair`s stance was a fencing one too, but I prefer Haytham`s

Nice to see that i`m not the only one who noticed this..

FL4PPYflap
11-18-2012, 04:26 AM
Haytham is a Noble. Nobles are trained in Fencing. and I really appreciated the difference in Sword Techniques. I liked Haytham`s more;I can relate to it better, Because I`m an Epee fencer..His stance was just Awesome. So arrogantly flair..Altair`s stance was a fencing one too, but I prefer Haytham`s

Nice to see that i`m not the only one who noticed this..

Yeah, I prefer Haytham's too. I would really like to see a way you can have those animations back without having to replay memories as Haytham.

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I prefer Haytham's too. I would really like to see a way you can have those animations back without having to replay memories as Haytham.
To be honest, As much as I like the Moves, I really hope they stay with Haytham..It`s really fitting.

Connor`s style would look weird with Haytham`s Animations. One moment he`d be jumping on the the guy with his word, another moment he`d be standing there so arrogantly slashing the soldier criss cross 4 times..

It`s not that I do not want them, It`s just that these look like they were MADE for Haytham..It also helps with Individualization.

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 04:33 AM
Maybe we'll play a full game as Haytham some day..

BBALive
11-18-2012, 05:26 AM
They were good, but he didn't have many.

Xeho
11-18-2012, 05:30 AM
I liked them as well, if only they made the game with Haytham as the main character & clearly he's related to Desmond in some way or another. It would of been one hell of an ending as well.

Khaos7712
11-18-2012, 05:55 AM
Haytham is far more likable than Connor also. His arrogance is hilarious.

TrueAssassin77
11-18-2012, 06:03 AM
i perfer haythams...

truthfully i HATED connors swiviel hidden blade. i thought it messed up every weapon. and why is hidden blade primary weapon so slow? the tomahawk is suppose to be fast... but there is no why the hidden blade shouldn't be faster.

swivel hidden blade sucks. don't put it in future games, unless its opptional

Kfcrsh
11-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Haythem's was awesome, had a great style and flow. By the way, this is my first post haha!

BoltActions
11-18-2012, 09:38 AM
I loved Haythem's sword animations. They fit him so perfectly. With Conner though, I don't even use the sword. I use the Assassin Tomahawk as my primary. In my opinion, swords look out of place on Conner's belt.

Xeriam
11-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I loved Haythem's sword animations. They fit him so perfectly. With Conner though, I don't even use the sword. I use the Assassin Tomahawk as my primary. In my opinion, swords look out of place on Conner's belt.

It doesn't help that they clip through basically ALL of his outfits horribly.

xboxauditore
11-18-2012, 02:54 PM
I rarely use swords, I think it looks wierd, Ratohnhake:tons weapon is always his Tomahawk!

BBALive
11-18-2012, 02:55 PM
I liked them as well, if only they made the game with Haytham as the main character & clearly he's related to Desmond in some way or another. It would of been one hell of an ending as well.

It's possible. William can hop into the Animus to let us play as Haytham again.

WiriestScroll3
11-18-2012, 03:53 PM
I hate that there is not many counter attacks. There is only few finishing move. I hope we get more finishing moves :)

Defalt221
03-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Hey guys,

So one obvious thing that most of us noticed is that Haytham has different sword animations than Connor.
When playing as Connor, I would have rather liked to see Connor have his sword moves in addition to Haytham's sword moves so we would have tons of sword animations.
But then I do see how Haytham's fancy fencing-like style wouldn't really fit Connor.
But still... I don't know why, but I just really like Haytham's kills better. I love how beautiful yet streamlined it looked, comparatively, to say... Connor's style of extremely visceral sword fighting.

Not that I disliked his. Haytham just had a certain flair. Am I though only one that thinks this?

Didn't know this thread existed already. I noticed it just recently that Haytham has different animations than Conor cuz I breezed earlier through the hidden blade.