PDA

View Full Version : For Ubisoft Devs: How to improve weather in AC3

Ir0nF1st_924
11-18-2012, 04:04 AM
Something I've noticed for rain is that for thunderstorms during the day you have the ambient light, sky and fog right, but you just need to remove shadows and sun reflection/glare(that goes for any rain intensity). Also for any rain intensity take the light intensity down to the way it is in thunderstorms now. Also the light intensity for thunderstorms during the day need to be as dark as when the occasional cloud passes in front of the sun. You have the tools to make weather more realistic, there's no reason not to.

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 04:06 AM
Oh Yes...Definitely Yes...It`s like The Environment designers know nothing about Weather, Astronomy (The Earth Revolves around the Moon in the Game For God`s sake), Day and Night..

It Takes away from the Beauty of the world..

Night should be darker, The Moon should be smaller, The Sun should be smaller, the Moon should not have the span of the Sun, Because it`s always there..There`s no Moon-set and Moon-rise and Rain storms should actually be Cloudy.

CalgaryJay
11-18-2012, 04:26 AM
My only real issue with weather & day/night cycle were the NPC's (lack of) reaction to it. Could be a vicious thunderstorm in the middle of the night & the streets would be just as busy as they are at noon on a sunny day. I liked in GTA IV, how people scurry for cover or break out umbrellas when it rains.

Also, in the middle of winter, people are dressed the exact same as in summer, even if that's short pants & no shoes. All nitpicky stuff, just things I've noticed..

Black_Widow9
11-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Please make sure you also add this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Gameplay Feedback *DO NOT POST SPOILERS (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979)

Thanks ;)