PDA

View Full Version : New Sequence loading cutscenes

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 12:15 AM
You guys know how at the beginning of a new sequence, you get this nice cinematic view of the city map being processed by the animus and then brought up, and then the location and the date popping up? You know how these were present in the Frontier and Boston E3 demos, and the Frontier one featured Connor running through the forests alongside some deer?

Does anyone else want cutscenes like this to play every time we load up the game? Maybe sometimes the cutscene has Connor just standing on a building/tree/mountain, and you start to play as him, or maybe it has Connor already on the move like the Frontier one.

I'm just thinking, that when I see that for the demo playthroughs it's so awesome, and I love watching them at the beginning of a sequence. I feel like that they should be present everytime you load up the game.

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 12:16 AM
So people can find something else to complain about ?

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 12:17 AM
What?

...i don't understand.. how am I complaining?

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 12:18 AM
What?

...i don't understand.. how am I complaining?
Not you..

Adding what you want will pave way for people to nit pick and find something else to complain about..I can see it now..

"What were you thinking, Ubi ? I have to go through a long cutscene just to begin my game ? You suck"

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 12:20 AM
...but that's illogical. This would just add to the immersion..

And I would hardly call these cutscenes long.. I think the ones for new sequences should be longer anyway..

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 12:21 AM
...but that's illogical. This would just add to the immersion..
Long Reload time was adding Immersion too..

"Oh WTF Ubi ? Why is so long to reloadz gunz ?? Ziz sooo estubid...I want refund"

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 12:33 AM
...anyway, do you like the idea or not? lol

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 12:35 AM
...anyway, do you like the idea or not? lol
I think it`s cool. Yeah Why not...

A bit shorter than the E3 intro would be better, though..

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Well yea, but I just think that it would give more of the animus effect.

This would be even better in games (like Liberation) where you are technically the one in the Animus.

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Well yea, but I just think that it would give more of the animus effect.

This would be even better in games (like Liberation) where you are technically the one in the Animus.
Over looking the Animus effect, It actually looks cool and feels cool..Seeing as there is a lack of Music..An Intro sounds nice

playassassins1
11-18-2012, 01:23 AM
This idea sounds awesome. Didn't think about something like this. Would add a lot more immersion to the game.
So yeah, I would really like Ubi to include this in future AC's

Btw, I even tried to reenact the intro from the frontier demo. Found the right spot, but unfortunately it didn't look cool when I did it :(

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Also, I won't suggest a new cinematic each time you start up the game, that's just crazy.

I'm thinking that these cinematics would only happen if you were in free-roam (not doing a mission at the moment, main one or otherwise), so that it wouldn't interrupt you if you wanted to get straight back into the mission.

For each free-roam maps, there are certain points where it's possible for you to spawn (even now) when you load the game. I just suggest adding a cinematic to each spawn point that has the Animus zooming into where Connor spawned or circling the area for a little bit maybe. One for the frontier could be the screen following an eagle a bit (which would imply that Connor is studying the eagle), and then zooming into Connor resting in a tree.

Farlander1991
11-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Wait, wait, wait. You want to say that the moment from this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ) from 0:10 to 0:42 is NOT in the game? That is a such beautiful sequence intro shot!

zhengyingli
11-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Also, I won't suggest a new cinematic each time you start up the game, that's just crazy.

I'm thinking that these cinematics would only happen if you were in free-roam (not doing a mission at the moment, main one or otherwise), so that it wouldn't interrupt you if you wanted to get straight back into the mission.

For each free-roam maps, there are certain points where it's possible for you to spawn (even now) when you load the game. I just suggest adding a cinematic to each spawn point that has the Animus zooming into where Connor spawned or circling the area for a little bit maybe. One for the frontier could be the screen following an eagle a bit (which would imply that Connor is studying the eagle), and then zooming into Connor resting in a tree.
You mean something like George Reeves jumping into a scene? (Albeit not as corny) That would be very interesting. I would vote for short entrances during free roam with the date, even a bit shorter than the E3 frontier demo woud be nice and sweet. We should start brainstorming ideas how Connor should jump in for each respawn location.

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Wait, wait, wait. You want to say that the moment from this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ) from 0:10 to 0:42 is NOT in the game? That is a such beautiful sequence intro shot!
Nope, it's a shame really.

EDIT: Actually, I can't say so for sure, I still don't have the game.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-18-2012, 02:18 AM

Nope because they added that target to the first part of the game, if you know what I mean.... Basically, he's no longer Connor's target.

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 02:23 AM
I don't think that has anything to do with the target not being one of Connor's...

rileypoole1234
11-18-2012, 02:35 AM
If it starts us off in a different place each time, sure why not. I think seeing the animation in the same place over and over would get old after awhile.

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 02:47 AM
I'm thinking more like a cutscene for each spawn point on a map.

If they were to implement this in future games, I'd say 6 spawn points per free-roam map the same size as the current cities, and 8-10 for maps the size of The Frontier.

InfectedNation
11-18-2012, 02:54 PM
I really love this idea.

As a side note.. looking back at the old youtube demos, the graphics are laughable compared to the actual game hahaha, I was so satisfied when I played it on my big TV.

DavisP92
11-18-2012, 03:22 PM
I think it depends, the idea of is sounds nice but if we have to see it every single time we fast travel to a different area then that would just be odd, especially if they reuse the same intros. The one in the E3 demo was great, but I wouldn't want to see the same one over and over again since I fast travel a lot (or did in my first playthrough).

So if they were to do it, they would have to have a limit too where and how many times it happens, as well as a good amount of different intros.

Xeriam
11-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Hm. Just reading this thread made my brain think up a few.
For Mohawk Village: Connor emerges from a tent, checking his equipment as the player takes control.
For any town in the Frontier, people walk by along the street, camera pans upwards to see Connor sitting on a rooftop, he stands up, player takes over.
In the Homestead, prior to completing the game and after it's relevant, camera pans to the tomahawk embedded in the front porch pillar, Connor walks past, switch to player.
For loading into any pub, Connor finishes a drink, sets it down, walks out of the pub. Once back into the city, player resumes.
For any general store, store clerk counts money, camera pans as doorbell rings, glimpse of Connor's cloak as he leaves, closing the door. Connor steps off porch of store, switch to player control.
I could probably think up more, but these are all I've got for now.

In case it's not obvious, I kind of like this idea.