PDA

View Full Version : assassin's creed 3 no steam achievements

IDefectedI
11-17-2012, 10:24 PM
assassin's creed 3 no steam achievements ? A few friends refuse to buy the game because of that one issue .

Johny-Al-Knox
11-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Uplay achievements?

dex3108BL
11-17-2012, 10:43 PM
AC games never had Steam achievements.

IDefectedI
11-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Uplay achievements?

Na they want Steam achievements . You would be surprised by the loss of sales because they lack " achievements " or "Controller support"

IDefectedI
11-17-2012, 10:45 PM
AC games never had Steam achievements.

Sure I can understand AC:1-2 but with steam becoming bigger and high quality app - Steam achievements become a must . Hell I passed on some AAA because of lack of controller support

TiberiusAC
11-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Only Steamworks games have integrated Steam achievements...You will still be able to unlock the in-game achievements like you did in Brotherhood/Revelations,I assume. And I'm not talking about the Uplay achievements/unlocks.

Johny-Al-Knox
11-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Na they want Steam achievements . You would be surprised by the loss of sales because they lack " achievements " or "Controller support"

Honestly if they wanna be so picky. Tell em to drop buying this game. Tell em to play COD for all i care

Kinda stupid ppl need to pick everything ubisoft does. If they want their own system fine let them do it.

IDefectedI
11-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Honestly if they wanna be so picky. Tell em to drop buying this game. Tell em to play COD for all i care

Kinda stupid ppl need to pick everything ubisoft does. If they want their own system fine let them do it.

no its not just Ubisoft its Origin as well . I need my friends to buy these games ! They are not internet friends but friends I grew up with . BF3 i stopped playing since they passed up the game .

Dellers
11-17-2012, 11:13 PM
But really...Does it really matter if the achievements are on Steam or Uplay? Completing them don't give you anything in particular anyway. I did all the achievements for Revelations in Uplay, all for Just Cause 2 in Steam. I failed to see a difference worth mentioning.

diaze1
11-17-2012, 11:15 PM
no its not just Ubisoft its Origin as well . I need my friends to buy these games ! They are not internet friends but friends I grew up with . BF3 i stopped playing since they passed up the game .
Lol.

IDefectedI
11-17-2012, 11:35 PM
But really...Does it really matter if the achievements are on Steam or Uplay? Completing them don't give you anything in particular anyway. I did all the achievements for Revelations in Uplay, all for Just Cause 2 in Steam. I failed to see a difference worth mentioning.

I could care less but when I need friends to play the same game its frustrating to see little things like achievements make or brake the sale .

Joyner08
11-17-2012, 11:41 PM
I could care less but when I need friends to play the same game its frustrating to see little things like achievements make or brake the sale .

If Steam achievements make or break a sale for your friends - they need new standards on what to buy on Steam.

Dellers
11-18-2012, 12:10 AM
You should try to convince them otherwise. That nitpicking of theirs just doesn't make any sense. Having the achievements on Uplay instead of Steam should in no way make a reasonable person not buy a game.

IDefectedI
11-19-2012, 12:00 AM
You should try to convince them otherwise. That nitpicking of theirs just doesn't make any sense. Having the achievements on Uplay instead of Steam should in no way make a reasonable person not buy a game.

Can't convince . I asked why and response was "I want quality steam product that feels connected to my PC gamer tag"

Joyner08
11-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Can't convince . I asked why and response was "I want quality steam product that feels connected to my PC gamer tag"

So because the game uses a different achievement system it's not "theirs"? So they only ever buy games that are on steam and use steam achievements?

How narrow minded.

IDefectedI
11-19-2012, 12:13 AM
So because the game uses a different achievement system it's not "theirs"? So they only ever buy games that are on steam and use steam achievements?

How narrow minded.

I know gamers who will not buy games if they are attached to Games for windows . I know gamers who will pass on Origin games . Trust me Steam has a cult following .

MaceMagoo
11-19-2012, 12:33 AM
A few friends refuse to buy the game because of that one issue .

What? You are surely joking! Do they need constant reassurance and reward for everything they do in a game? Can't you just get reward from playing it? Seriously....

IDefectedI
11-19-2012, 12:36 AM
What? You are surely joking! Do they need constant reassurance and reward for everything they do in a game? Can't you just get reward from playing it? Seriously....

Yup ... You would be surprised how many gamers today need reassurance

DarthDeva
11-19-2012, 01:40 AM
You need to set better standards for your friends. lol
Sure GFWL and Origin might be horrible sometimes, but if the game is great, I don't care, life is unfair most times :D Steam isn't all that good, let them believe in almighty Gaben who can't even count to 3...

IDefectedI
11-19-2012, 01:49 AM
You need to set better standards for your friends. lol
Sure GFWL and Origin might be horrible sometimes, but if the game is great, I don't care, life is unfair most times :D Steam isn't all that good, let them believe in almighty Gaben who can't even count to 3...

Thing is this . How many sales will Ubisoft lose ? Even if they lost 20,000 that is still 20,000 less . For me I will not buy games without controller support ! Hell i passed on Mass Effect:3 thanks to the developers pushing aside controller support . Even if they lost a few 1000 its still money they could be making along with more clients for future games .

DarthDeva
11-19-2012, 04:12 AM
I'm kinda hooked to using a controller too, but if i want a game not supporting controller(not fps, rts etc though- mouse and keyboard are still the best for those) I frankly am less inclined to buy asap. I wait for sales. Just like I'm waiting for ME3 to be on a nice sale price. If you're getting the game, try to ask some people around you, am sure lots of people are gonna get the game on PC. Or you can make new ones on the forums or online

McJobless
11-19-2012, 05:36 AM
AC3 PC will be my last retail non-steamworks purchase. Honestly, I cannot stand that page it comes up with that just has "Non-Steam Shortcut" and a short message. You'd think they'd at least attempt to have the News page search for the name the user enters.

AntiChrist7
11-19-2012, 08:56 AM
your friends are idiots and not well informed.

Besides, if achievement are the only reason to buy a game....

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Only Steamworks games have integrated Steam achievements...
Untrue.

Panoptic0n
11-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Are there any in-game achivements then? I don't care about "bragging rights" and such BUT...

I've always thought AC series had good achivements that made me keep playing the game and whatnot. Not like other games where it's "Open a door" / "Finish the tutorial that takes 2 minutes" / "Change difficulty" etc.

This is my first AC game on the PC I'm getting because I just want to max it out for once, so I really hope there's some journal-ish achievements in the game.

DarthDeva
11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Like ACR I expect there'll be achievements unlocked in Uplay(Brotherhood's achievements were viewable in the game menu)

Panoptic0n
11-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Ah, cool. I'm getting it either way (got the Steam version) but it's always nice to know!

DarthDeva
11-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Only thing with AC on steam, it'll open Uplay before launching the game, so if you're using big picture, expect to have your mouse ready before going back to controller again

IDefectedI
11-19-2012, 09:47 PM
How hard would it be to add Achievements ? Truly no developer , but the cost can't be that high or time consuming ?

IDefectedI
11-19-2012, 09:49 PM
your friends are idiots and not well informed.

Besides, if achievement are the only reason to buy a game....

Not idiots just picky customers .

AntiChrist7
11-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Not idiots just picky customers .

picky customers who arent well informed= idiots in my book.

IDefectedI
11-20-2012, 03:32 AM
picky customers who arent well informed= idiots in my book.

What book - uninformed about what ? They seem well informed if they made a decision not to buy a game based on insufficient selling points .

blacklimoband
11-20-2012, 04:33 AM
It's a rather petty point though don't you think? Whatever happened to playing a game to enjoy the game? Do you get a big banner pop-up over your head when you score a goal or win at any game in RL? Why this need for affirmation?

AntiChrist7
11-20-2012, 09:12 AM
What book - uninformed about what ? They seem well informed if they made a decision not to buy a game based on insufficient selling points .

cause there are uplay achievements, which are the same as steam achievements= they add nothing to gameplay. If you decide a purchase on something that adds nothing to gameplay, then you are an idiot, as Regalghostrider point out. Previous AC games dont have steam achievements either. "oh this game looks really great, but it doesnt keep track of how i complete a mundane and redundant task, therefore its rubbish"

I dont mind people being picky, but then they at least have to inform themselves

Panoptic0n
11-20-2012, 05:14 PM
It's a rather petty point though don't you think? Whatever happened to playing a game to enjoy the game? Do you get a big banner pop-up over your head when you score a goal or win at any game in RL? Why this need for affirmation?

Achivements are excellent if done right.

Super Meat Boy being a fine example, a ton of great, creative , really hard to earn achivements which has made me replay the game a thousand times over and enjoying the game a thousand times more. That's what great achivements should be, adding replayability and/or making you think outside the box even more.

DarthDeva
11-20-2012, 05:55 PM
These people most certainly never knew the time when achievements didn't exist. If I could get an achievement for finishing the original prince of persia in less than 1 hour without cheating, haha

Panoptic0n
11-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Me? I was born in '84 and my first speedrun/trying different playthroughs was on Metroid in 1990 (Also my first introduction to the lovely Monkey Island) played Goldeneye for some insane level time completions and stayed in the-elite.net community from '98-2005/6-ish. So no achievements aren't everything, but I already stated in my earlier post how they can be used for something good.

DarthDeva
11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
I was referring to people who refused to buy a game because of no achievements on steam Panoptic0n. Metroid was such a great game, not to mention the original goldeneye, had to play at my friend's house because my parents didn't let me have a console till I was 11.

If we had achievements on these classic games we would have never been able to shut the system off :D Normal mode was so hardcore on so many games, so just imagine the level of mastery required by achievements

Panoptic0n
11-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Yeah, speaking of Goldeneye I think their cheat system was awesome and kind of an early "achivement" system. You know, earning certain cheats by finishing levels in a certain time? Same with Perfect Dark. Just a really awesome addition that was fun to strive for.