PDA

View Full Version : Homestead

N1GHTMaRE8
11-17-2012, 04:21 PM
I am having a difficult time understanding the homestead. What are the people there for? How do you recruit new people? I have only got Lance, Myriam, and two others.

Please help me understand how to use the homestead.

ProdiGurl
11-17-2012, 04:30 PM
All I know is that you go do all the Homestead missions you can on the map & they turn out to be your Crafters that make different things & have different skills.
So they create stuff that you trade & make money off of (convoys).

That's about all I know - I have more of a problem with the accounting screen w/ stockpile, crafters & trading - I don't know how you figure out what's what for resources. Can't read any names of things so don't know what I need to buy or get. ???
I'm just winging it. On my 2nd playthru I hope to understand it

WiriestScroll3
11-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Stockpile is useless you can buy different materials, to make unique materials for new weapons etc.

Gianavel
11-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Do Homestead missions. That's how you recruit and upgrade your Artisans.

When crafting, if there's an item that you need, but can't tell what it is from the symbol (and some of them are a bit odd), move the selector to the left off the recipe on the Crafting screen, and it will highlight the materials needed.

The Stockpile isn't useless. It's where you buy materials from your resource Artisans, to either be crafted with or resold as is.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
11-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Since this is a thread about the Homestead ,, I will ask my question here... The last homestead mission I have done is '' tail O'hara'' since then no other homestead missions shows on the map ? and I saw on youtube that there's is still a bunch of missions I'm 56% sync? what should I do?

zhengyingli
11-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Since this is a thread about the Homestead ,, I will ask my question here... The last homestead mission I have done is '' tail O'hara'' since then no other homestead missions shows on the map ? and I saw on youtube that there's is still a bunch of missions I'm 56% sync? what should I do?
I think one your homesteaders asked you to buy something in NY. Just travel to NY and browse the items. What he asked for should be under its own category. If there's no such thing, you probably need to progress the story a bit further.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
11-17-2012, 08:23 PM
I think one your homesteaders asked you to buy something in NY. Just travel to NY and browse the items. What he asked for should be under its own category. If there's no such thing, you probably need to progress the story a bit further.

I'll look for it ,,, And I already finished the story.

N1GHTMaRE8
11-18-2012, 07:28 PM
So once these ppl get unlocked they build things for u? What does it mean when they are "red" out in the crafting screen?

the_heat11
11-18-2012, 07:37 PM
So once these ppl get unlocked they build things for u? What does it mean when they are "red" out in the crafting screen?
That means that they are not leveled high enough. If you want to craft better items you have to do the person's missions first.

Shingram
11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
The artisans in the end turn out to be useless if you want to use them in game like with recruits. The storylines and all were nice though. I'd fill out the homestead for the sake of completion and for the story. Pretty much all the crafting and especially the convoy system was a massive waste of time and effort. I doubt many people will get any satisfaction from the homesteads in game usefulness. Comparitively when i recruit assassins and can call on them that feels like a major in game mechanic that is very rewarding and fun to use consistently. Dunno why they decided you can't use assassins outside of the cities though that was lame.

the_heat11
11-19-2012, 09:40 PM
The artisans in the end turn out to be useless if you want to use them in game like with recruits. The storylines and all were nice though. I'd fill out the homestead for the sake of completion and for the story. Pretty much all the crafting and especially the convoy system was a massive waste of time and effort. I doubt many people will get any satisfaction from the homesteads in game usefulness. Comparitively when i recruit assassins and can call on them that feels like a major in game mechanic that is very rewarding and fun to use consistently. Dunno why they decided you can't use assassins outside of the cities though that was lame.

I personally really liked all the homestead missions. especially with the wedding, it really brought a smile to my face. to me the point of the homestead wan't to make more money or to upgrade equipment, it was to make connor feel more human

Shingram
11-19-2012, 11:46 PM
I personally really liked all the homestead missions. especially with the wedding, it really brought a smile to my face. to me the point of the homestead wan't to make more money or to upgrade equipment, it was to make connor feel more human

Yup thats what I was saying about the story it was well done. A bit RP but once the homestead was built I felt there was nothing in game to take advantage of. I used the recruit comparison once thats done you benefit greatly but with the homestead I feel there wasnt a point once the stories were finished which is fine although i can see where many would be annoyed by the seeming lack of ultimate reward.

Dieinthedark
11-20-2012, 01:56 AM
There's also the possiblity that you could be like me and not have the homestead missions icons show up anywhere. Supposedly the patch will fix this, or at least it better. I'm stuck making barrels, nothing more. Yay! :/