PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers] The Quality of the Product is Poor, Despite Being an Awesome Game...

bruise2010
11-17-2012, 02:30 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=1341747&type=sigpic&dateline=1359432244

Sickull
11-17-2012, 03:25 PM
I agree with the general idea of what you're saying but you can't get mad at them because you played some extra content out of order with the story.

rego00123
11-17-2012, 03:31 PM
how about the epilogue mission where Conor is clutching his side and bloodied still from the chase with lee despite it being 6 months after the lee chase...
that's nothing to do with the game being a dlc mission, that's just one huge wtf oversight

there is a bunch of these little oversights within the game. none of them bother me too much but the one i mentioned is a big one that makes me wonder who the heck was putting the final portions of this game together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5155gEw1mug

4:33 you can see the "bloody conor"
he was clearly healed from the event long ago both before and after

winthro
11-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Okay then, you try recovering from being impaled with a huge stick of wood and falling from the top of a large ship right to the bottom. Lets see how you fair after 6 months in a time where medicine wasn't as technically advanced as it is today.

rego00123
11-17-2012, 03:37 PM
apparently he did pretty well since he was completely healed 3 seconds before the cinematic started then miraculously healed as soon as it ends again lol

watch the link and decide if you think this is "as intended"

BBALive
11-17-2012, 03:45 PM
You'll be happy to know that they're addressing some of the issues with the UI. Apparently there was a technical issue that happened very late in development.

You did the Benedict Arnold missions too early. They should have locked them until you get to a certain point in the game so players didn't get confused about why Connor was pissed at Washington.

winthro
11-17-2012, 03:46 PM
apparently he did pretty well since he was completely healed 3 seconds before the cinematic started then miraculously healed as soon as it ends again lol

watch the link and decide if you think this is "as intended"

You do realise that Connor didn't have an inbuilt healing mechanic for himself and the memories we're seeing probably didn't have a huge time frame in-between them. Connor still being wounded during the epilogue makes sense,

shobhit7777777
11-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Absolutely terrible design choices and bugs are really killing this game for me.

The actual CORE game, when I am playing is a dream, incredibly exciting - I just wish the design and quality assurance had been given more tlc, funding and revisions

QFT

The gameplay...the CORE is seriously let down by some really poor mission design and narrative choices.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Weapon selection menu I can live with. Crafting/trading menu is just bad though. It takes forever to get to upgrades/materials you want & craft them or load them onto convoys. Sure it's pretty. Pretty and not functional.

rego00123
11-17-2012, 03:59 PM
You do realise that Connor didn't have an inbuilt healing mechanic for himself and the memories we're seeing probably didn't have a huge time frame in-between them. Connor still being wounded during the epilogue makes sense,

the epilogue happens chronologically in order...you cannot trigger one event with out the others being done. they are all being done after he has healed and settling in to the homestead
that's the whole point of the epilogue, to wrap of the events after his story is completed. are you people seriously trying to find ways to make this oversight logical because there is no way a way to make him walking healthy to a cinematic trigger point after its been established he has been healed logical.

he heals. suddenly becomes wounded again, then is suddenly healed again.

watch the video. that's all the evidence need for my point. its also exactly what the Op is talking about in terms of narrative being nonsensical at points.

winthro
11-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Okay, the bloody clothes? Yes that's an oversight. But the cutscenes never show Connor being fully healed, back to how he was before. In the scenes where his clothes are clean, you can see Connor has a slight limp in his step. So yes, Connor having blood still on his clothes at the last epilogue mission is an oversight and hopefully might be fixed in later patches, every other part looks fine.

psf22
11-17-2012, 04:41 PM
the epilogue happens chronologically in order...you cannot trigger one event with out the others being done. they are all being done after he has healed and settling in to the homestead
that's the whole point of the epilogue, to wrap of the events after his story is completed. are you people seriously trying to find ways to make this oversight logical because there is no way a way to make him walking healthy to a cinematic trigger point after its been established he has been healed logical.

he heals. suddenly becomes wounded again, then is suddenly healed again.

watch the video. that's all the evidence need for my point. its also exactly what the Op is talking about in terms of narrative being nonsensical at points.

I might be wrong, but can't you select the order of the epilogue 'missions'? I think you can.. as i'm fairly certain i had multiple !'s but if the dates are wrong it's an oversight no less.