PDA

View Full Version : AC just saved me from a robbery

Death_Angel733
11-17-2012, 02:29 PM
I was walking outside my condominium grounds around 8 PM then a thief came out from a corner and pulled out a Butterfly knife. He asked for my Dell Laptop and my iPhone. I remembered Ezio and all of his disarm animations. The holdupper was pretty skinny, I'm probably 1.5-2 times bigger. I took the courage and disarmed him. I grabbed him in the wrist and elbowed him in the face. Then I managed to restrain him with my belt until the police arrived in 35 minutes.

Thank you AC :D I couldn't just give my phone since it contains all contact numbers and all of my account details across the web.
Turns out the Bleeding Effect exists, now to learn parkour.

Who knew a videogame can actually teach you self-defense? Thank you Abstergo for inventing the Animus, the Templars for hiring Agiles and Mario for teaching Ezio.

ej_the_shadow
11-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I was walking outside my condominium grounds around 8 PM then a thief came out from a corner and pulled out a Butterfly knife. He asked for my Dell Laptop and my iPhone. I remembered Ezio and all of his disarm animations. The holdupper was pretty skinny, I'm probably 1.5-2 times bigger. I took the courage and disarmed him. I grabbed him in the wrist and elbowed him in the face. Then I managed to restrain him with my belt until the police arrived in 35 minutes.

Thank you AC :D I couldn't just give my phone since it contains all contact numbers and all of my account details across the web.

Who knew a videogame can actually teach you self-defense? Thank you Abstergo for inventing the Animus, the Templars for hiring Agiles and Mario for teaching Ezio.

LOL Hilarious! I always think I can make a few Assassin moves thanks to the games XD
For real, we have learned how to defend ourselvesthanks to Altair, Ezio and Connor and Bleeding Effect does exist.

ProdiGurl
11-17-2012, 02:38 PM
HAHA this is great :D Ubi does it again!

DarkDreamer95
11-17-2012, 02:40 PM

Hhahah good job, glad you're safe! Teach 'em thugs not to mess with assassins ;)

[Yes, I see what I did there with the thugs and thuggee and assassins]

DBZFAN202
11-17-2012, 02:40 PM
If this is true, you're pretty brave. That is simply one of the reasons why video games don't "rot your brains". All those myths are wrong. Video games actually make you smarter.

AntiChrist7
11-17-2012, 02:47 PM
2 times bigger? so you're a basketbalplayer being robbed by a midget? :p

nah well done. Kicking in the balls also works surprisingly often

kuled2012
11-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Well done!
For the last few days I've been thinking about if a situation like this could ever happen to me I would do the Ezio disarm moves as well! I've seen the animations so many times I've liked..mastered it in a way lol. I am glad you are safe. Connor's wrestling moves look good to remember too XD

Crouching.Tiger
11-17-2012, 03:04 PM
That's awesome, but I wouldn't really recommend applying AC lessons on reality. It can go really bad. One of my friends, who is a big fan of the first game (ironically because he's really into the Knights Templar), got drunk and tried to impress some people by climbing a three story building. He fell down and dislocated his shoulder.

LightRey
11-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Dangerous, but awesome. xD

pb0yd1
11-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Did you loot him or juse tie him up :)If said scum bags pop up again ,the tree move would make utube history for hits .
On a more real note just get a normal bag for your PC ,keeps the low lifes away ,but well done OP .1 for the creed.

kuled2012
11-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoqrHP_re4U
Welcome to the Brotherhood.

ProdiGurl
11-17-2012, 04:04 PM
That's awesome, but I wouldn't really recommend applying AC lessons on reality. It can go really bad. One of my friends, who is a big fan of the first game (ironically because he's really into the Knights Templar), got drunk and tried to impress some people by climbing a three story building. He fell down and dislocated his shoulder.

I think I saw that on Tosh.0 lol :p He's lucky it wasn't worse

ProdiGurl
11-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Hey OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoqrHP_re4U
Welcome to the Brotherhood.

holy heck.... that brings back some real fond memories........ and that soundtrack...........
*sigh*

pirate1802
11-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Haha well done OP, but I suggest you don't go overboard with it!
Altair, Ezio and Connor would be proud of you xD

AssassinGame1
11-17-2012, 05:57 PM

Hmm, I don't believe you.....

Nightmare8767
11-17-2012, 07:52 PM
The Bleeding Effect takes a whole new dimension! :P

rileypoole1234
11-17-2012, 08:03 PM
I honestly don't believe a word of this, but alright.

CalgaryJay
11-17-2012, 08:09 PM
It would've been better if it had ambient music..

Good for you man, that's nuts!

austria-jumpa
11-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Haha awesome, glad you did not get robbed or hurt (:!

xboxauditore
11-17-2012, 08:42 PM
See! Video Games save lives!

stingray10
11-17-2012, 09:17 PM
You are the definition of a boss ;D

TwoDents
11-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Now, go find a guy to make you a hiddenblade. Maybe the Bleeding Effect affected Desmond and you.

xboxauditore
11-17-2012, 09:54 PM
I imitate AC3, But I act like Daniel Cross, I scream in Russian and throw myself out windows :D

mhg87
11-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Thats probably not the smartest thing to do, but I guess it worked out.

Khaos7712
11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Hmm, I don't believe you.....

Same.