PDA

View Full Version : Too late to download patch?

rudeartist
11-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Hey guys,
Well, last Sunday I picked up my copy of AC3 and have just learned about the day-one patch ubisoft put out to address certain bugs and glitches found in the game. I'm not certain, but I believe that my PS3 was not connected to the internet when I first started playing so I didn't get the prompt telling me to download the patch. Is it too late for me to download it at this point? If not how do I do it?

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Connect to Internet ------> Play Game.. It`ll automatically prompt you to Download patch

rudeartist
11-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Already did that and still no prompt. It's possible that I may have already downloaded it but I don't seem to remember doing so. Is there a definite way I can tell whether or not the patch has been downloaded?

projectpat06
11-17-2012, 09:28 AM
you can go to saved game data, delete it then pop the game back in and watch it install. The prompt to install the patch will be the first thing to come up. Make sure to go to the playstation store and re-download ur dlc otherwise ur save file won't be accessible

rudeartist
11-17-2012, 09:45 AM
okay thanks, I'll try that. Just one question though. By deleting the game data, does that mean I'll have to start all over again?

projectpat06
11-17-2012, 09:55 AM
No. There are two different folders. DO NOT DELETE your save file. Just the game data. The game will reinstall when you put it in. But be sure to re-download the dlc under you purchase history or the save file will be corrupt.

rudeartist
11-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Ahh I see. Thanks for the info. I don't think I have any DLC to speak of so I don't think a corrupted save file will be a problem.

WiriestScroll3
11-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Automatic download when you are Connected to Internet. :-) And u quess there is not any point to dowload it because it brokes game more than fixes.