PDA

View Full Version : The Giant and the Storm Optional Objective...

Hypertion
11-17-2012, 07:59 AM
IT IS SERIOUSLY PISSING ME OFF..

i can kill them so easily since i upgraded the ship fully and its next to impossible to expose the powder without killing them outright. i have been at this bull**** for 3 hours straight now and i have HAD IT.

I have tried disabling them with Chains and testing every damm inch with the broadsides using round shots but no matter what angle i use its almost completely random if the kegs are exposed or not. i have tried just hitting them in the front with a broad side while passing and doing no damage prior. i have tried freaking ramming them in the front which rarely will expose the kegs but again COMPLETELY RANDOMLY.

if there is some trick to this id like to hear is because im done with this bs for now.. its not worth it in the least anyways.

Hypertion
11-17-2012, 10:00 AM
The Trick that eluded me was lure them to the island near where the 3 large ships spawn. taking advantage of the calmer waves and the terrain to force enemys to try to come straight at you gives you lots of easy time to give a full broadside to the front, one being enough to expose the weak points. also i was at half health so the fewer cannon shots hitting the enemy seemed to help prevent those one shot broadside kills.

Kaswa101
11-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Finally got this last night. Can't give any specifics, but it took a long time and this mission is as annoying as they can possibly get. Try taking our the Man of War first. I did using a Heat Shot and then lightly ramming it head-on, I believe. For the other two ships, try stopping fully just before they hit you, and they'll take loads of damage if you have the upgraded ram. Hitting them head on somewhere between half and no-sail usually damages them just enough to reveal the weak spots.

Good luck. This mission was easily the worst for me in any AC game yet. :p

WiriestScroll3
11-17-2012, 12:46 PM
First use Chain shot, after then start shoot with Round shot try aim enemy ships front :) There is good place 2 perfect shots close theyr done :)

ej_the_shadow
11-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I did the 3 Frigates section in 30 seconds :P

Just ram them at the front (with ram upgrade) and instantly the weak point will appear, shoot fast or u will sink them. For real it took me 30 seconds to take them all out.

NEURON BOMB
11-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Ok i don't have a secret to doing this but you seem to be very irritated with this so was i i literally screamed because i was so frustrated but just keep calm go through it with a like mild mind as if you don't really care than it happens easy but it is because you want to do it that you place to much stress on yourself,So if this helps you or not just stay calm the moment i calmed down i finished it very easily.

WiriestScroll3
11-18-2012, 03:51 PM
I did the 3 Frigates section in 30 seconds :P

Just ram them at the front (with ram upgrade) and instantly the weak point will appear, shoot fast or u will sink them. For real it took me 30 seconds to take them all out.

Okay. I took out 2 men of wars in 15secs :) You can keep those in your own head.

sanghee524
11-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Ramming is a good tactic! There are 2 ways u can do it:
Fully upgraded: u may want to let them ram u instead. Get in front, along the wind, they'll ram u with full speed and full sail. If they don't sink right away, a hole should be visible. Ramming them even with half sail and no sail is very risky. if you want to do that, don't chain shot them! chain shot does deal damage.
no ram upgrade: well, do as everyone does: ram them full sail, with the wind. Against the wind, u will eat full broadside.

if u don't like the idea of ramming, then Concentrate round shot at the head or the tail (I have no idea what they are really called but u get the picture), or heat shot but don't concentrate it. But prepare to replay 'cause u may likely sink one of them. Again, don't use chain shot; I found man-o-wars sinks fast after taking out their mast.