PDA

View Full Version : Ubisofts pure and utter disregard for their customers and fans

MRperiod
11-17-2012, 05:52 AM
I as many of you have been a loyal assasin for five games now, showing our comitment by preodering and purchasing extra content for our games. I am sure that I am not alone in thinking that the summation of the story was a sad disappointment! five games now and this is where the story has taken us? of course I realize that ubisoft is only doing what they can to make money but it seems they truly just dont care what we think!!! First, the faulty and inconsistent gameplay lessens the quality of this title, and to that i say that they should begin with picking a formula and sticking with it and secondly what a sad letdown. Next, without delving too deeply into the details the ending sucks, from the closing fights to the unrealistics mission constraints. Lastly concerning the story thats one of the worst endings in all of gaming, what a disappointment. in reponse to ubisofts lack of concern for their fans, what a shame to have fought hard through five games for this, shameful! we cannot and should not take this lightly, we must not!!!! In closing to my rant i must add that ubisoft should have let the coolective group make this game, simply because it is the worst edition since part one and it at least gets a pass because of present technological advaces since. I as im sure many of you realize that they do not care and will not pander to thei fans which makes this a waste of time! Forgive my harsh words fellow assasins and have fun replaying the best games of the series as part 3 collects dust on our shelves!!!!

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Hint: Paragraphs..

Also...AC III has not left my console since Launch.. Just saying..

I`m sorry you did not enjoy the game, there is a feedback thread if you want... and Welcome:)

TwoDents
11-17-2012, 06:15 AM
I think this is probably the best in the series.

pirate1802
11-17-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm sorry but did I miss something? I thought, after reading the title this is a thread about bugs and poor customer care. But it seems OP isn't happy with the direction the story has taken and thinks it is a betrayal to fans. Not everyone is crazy mad about the.. stuff you mentioned. This is ubisoft's story. They can take the story in any way they want. I don't see it as a betrayal to fans, they don't need to take orders from fans before deciding what to do next. I see it as a bold decision. Like with any bold measure, some liked it, some didn't. *shrugs*

ProdiGurl
11-17-2012, 02:02 PM
I think this is probably the best in the series.

The more I play, the more jealous I am that some of this stuff wasn't done for EZIO!! :D
Each game has wonderful qualities and things that make it special imo. AC3 in some ways definitely out-does Ezio's trilogy which I LOVED to death..

And to the OP, this was my very first Pre-order in my gaming history (gamer since about 1994/5] and very first game I bought at full price and it's my best investment in a game and I'll do it again next release without hesitation. & being able to afford a game at full price for me is a hardship - I won't bore you with the details on that..

As much as I LOVED ACR, the shortness of it would have made me feel a little cheated somehow - I'm like 'M' up there, AC3 is still in my console & hasn't left it since release day.

Sorry you feel that way, but they did more things right w/ AC3 than wrong. !!

ej_the_shadow
11-17-2012, 02:30 PM
AC3 is amazing. ALL games have bugs and we must not forget that AC3 runs with a new engine, so bugs are expected. Yes, they could've tested the game more but who cares? The game is amazing and ALL the bugs are fixable. Instead of ranting at them, we should help them discover these bugs and let them know, so they can fix it.

AC3 is the best in the series (I cant believe I said that, I love Ezio with my life). Desmond's story was pretty good too and we get a hint of what will happen in the next game.

ProdiGurl
11-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Thumbs up ej, I'm an Ezio lover too and I still cant' believe how much I'm loving AC3. I almost feel like I'm betraying him. LOL
I just never expected Ubi could make me love a game without him this much.

Jexx21
11-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Excuse me, I'd like to speak to a manager. I believe that Ubisoft Montreal spat on my game disk.

ej_the_shadow
11-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Thumbs up ej, I'm an Ezio lover too and I still cant' believe how much I'm loving AC3. I almost feel like I'm betraying him. LOL
I just never expected Ubi could make me love a game without him this much.

This! LOL

nitres15
11-17-2012, 02:59 PM
@shadow
you are here now too ?

BBALive
11-17-2012, 03:00 PM
To be fair I stopped reading when you essentially said that they should make every game exactly the same.

ej_the_shadow
11-17-2012, 03:09 PM
@shadow
you are here now too ?
Yep! ^_^

pirate1802
11-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Excuse me, I'd like to speak to a manager. I believe that Ubisoft Montreal spat on my game disk.

Would you like a refund too?

MasterAssasin84
11-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion i suppose but for me the game is just awesome !! it was certainly worth the wait,

The fighting system for example i feel that ubi have really done a fantastic job with it as it requires a level of Skill from the player ,
The hunting i found very fun and engaging especialy when you fight bears and Cougars.
Boston and New York felt very alive and the look of the cities was beautifuly crafted.

Above all the game is a master peice and i am enjoying every moment of it and i feel that ubi has shown thought to us fans whilst introducing the series to new comers.

WarriorAegis
11-17-2012, 05:29 PM

ROFL. XD

"Part 3 collects dust on our shelves?"

Um... no. I'm loving AC3. There's some bugs, sure, but... there's also patches.

MasterAssasin84
11-17-2012, 05:38 PM
ROFL. XD

"Part 3 collects dust on our shelves?"

Um... no. I'm loving AC3. There's some bugs, sure, but... there's also patches.

A little of topic Warrior but your sig is awesome !!

Back on topic i do not feel that ubi have disregarded our feelings as we want connors hood back in the final sequence and ubi have acknowledged this and i am relived that patch
is going to fix major issues because i really love the Homestead missions but find it quite irritating when the markers dissapear !!

TrueAssassin77
11-17-2012, 05:39 PM
I as many of you have been a loyal assasin for five games now, showing our comitment by preodering and purchasing extra content for our games. I am sure that I am not alone in thinking that the summation of the story was a sad disappointment! five games now and this is where the story has taken us? of course I realize that ubisoft is only doing what they can to make money but it seems they truly just dont care what we think!!! First, the faulty and inconsistent gameplay lessens the quality of this title, and to that i say that they should begin with picking a formula and sticking with it and secondly what a sad letdown. Next, without delving too deeply into the details the ending sucks, from the closing fights to the unrealistics mission constraints. Lastly concerning the story thats one of the worst endings in all of gaming, what a disappointment. in reponse to ubisofts lack of concern for their fans, what a shame to have fought hard through five games for this, shameful! we cannot and should not take this lightly, we must not!!!! In closing to my rant i must add that ubisoft should have let the coolective group make this game, simply because it is the worst edition since part one and it at least gets a pass because of present technological advaces since. I as im sure many of you realize that they do not care and will not pander to thei fans which makes this a waste of time! Forgive my harsh words fellow assasins and have fun replaying the best games of the series as part 3 collects dust on our shelves!!!!

you just said basically, you want all the games to be exactly the same...

if you want that go play the CoD series

Gianavel
11-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I don't feel disregarded.

bitebug2003
11-17-2012, 05:43 PM
I think the game could have done with a few more months polishing it - sound cuts out and some scenes freeze for a second (both happen quite frequently).
Loading times are frequent and some horrendously long (even to access the weapon and items screen)
Using a new engine isn't an excuse for not testing the game thoughly prior to manufacturing

I have yet to see a Nintendo game that is riddled with as many bugs and glitches as AC3.

As for the gameplay - it was already showing it's age in AC: Revelations and AC3's gameplay has become stale even with the 'new' additions Naval. hunting etc.

Tailing is still not a fun past time - it's boring.
Chasing someone through the streets is tiring - you just know that a bunch of guards will impede your progress or citizens will slow you down.
Rooftop running is a thing of the past in my book - it's quicker to use the streets - same with the frontier, it's quicker on foot
The horse riding took a step backwards from previous games.
Then you have to contend with the far out and dodgy AI that seems inconsistant at the best of times.

Not quite sure if I'll be buying the next AC.

I suggest Ubisoft gives the series a rest like they did with Prince of Persia.

IMO

MasterAssasin84
11-17-2012, 05:52 PM
I think the game could have done with a few more months polishing it - sound cuts out and some scenes freeze for a second (both happen quite frequently).
Loading times are frequent and some horrendously long (even to access the weapon and items screen)
Using a new engine isn't an excuse for not testing the game thoughly prior to manufacturing

I have yet to see a Nintendo game that is riddled with as many bugs and glitches as AC3.

As for the gameplay - it was already showing it's age in AC: Revelations and AC3's gameplay has become stale even with the 'new' additions Naval. hunting etc.

Tailing is still not a fun past time - it's boring.
Chasing someone through the streets is tiring - you just know that a bunch of guards will impede your progress or citizens will slow you down.
Rooftop running is a thing of the past in my book - it's quicker to use the streets - same with the frontier, it's quicker on foot
The horse riding took a step backwards from previous games.
Then you have to contend with the far out and dodgy AI that seems inconsistant at the best of times.

Not quite sure if I'll be buying the next AC.

I suggest Ubisoft gives the series a rest like they did with Prince of Persia.

IMO

They should keep the AC games coming , the good thing about Assasins creed is that ubi can explore all time periods as the animus hacks into the subjects genetic memories,
secondly i could not help but notice the crowed slow you down during a chase ? thats the whole point as the first game stated the crowed will either help you or hinder you,
apart from the bugs which are being fixed i found the game challenging and breath of fresh air that the series needed.

zhengyingli
11-17-2012, 08:06 PM
To the OP,if they keep innovating like they did with ACIII, I'll be happy to fork over my money. ACIII may not be your cup of tea, but wait for ACIV; you'll probably be a fan again after another overhaul. Heck, the dev team for the sequel to ACIII might've put your complaint into consideration, already!

CalgaryJay
11-17-2012, 08:42 PM
A rant that could've been included in 50 other threads here but instead was turned into its own topic: check

Complete with silly, emotional, over-dramatic title: check

Does it with their first ever post: check

Prescribes to the White Wall of Words writing style: check

Congratulations to qualifying as a walking stereotype of the posters I hate on these boards.

LightRey
11-17-2012, 09:14 PM
A rant that could've been included in 50 other threads here but instead was turned into its own topic: check

Congratulations to qualifying as a walking stereotype of the posters I hate on these boards.
Congratulations! You just won a free internet!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Co8liL2umjM/TEL8yaSoVAI/AAAAAAAAAJU/amJ1I4zwDeE/s1600/free-internet-coupon.jpg

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 09:17 PM
*Steals Internet*

CalgaryJay
11-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Lol

MRperiod
11-17-2012, 11:40 PM
First thank you to all the responses but i have to say that many of them seemed closed minded. I agree they can take this story whichever way they choose but i do not agree that this is not the fans game. Where would they be without us, dangling on a long list of forgotten franchises. I belive that the repsonses that diagreed with me have been clouded by the graphical and story advances thereby becoming blind to this metaphorical spit in the face. If this game has not left ones console it is simply because there is nothing else but shooters fresh on the market. I have finished the game and have all the achievements just like the last two, but that I feel doesnt detract from my ability to rant but empowers it. Take the newness away and it is the second worse of the series, or is the frontier not the kingdom of Altairs game part 2. All im saying that they obviously dont care about us and dont fool yourself we will not be able to influence any changes, to think otherwise is daft. This is not mass effect and bioware we will have to live with the story and that is it. An individual is intelligent, people are sheep, we cannot allow that to ring true fellow assasins we must speak out aand if noone else will, i will. Though as ive said and in closing we are the only ones reading these things and nothing will change, good luck assasins and have fun with ezio, because though connor is a solid character they dropped the ball with his game.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 11:43 PM
First thank you to all the responses but i have to say that many of them seemed closed minded. I agree they can take this story whichever way they choose but i do not agree that this is not the fans game. Where would they be without us, dangling on a long list of forgotten franchises. I belive that the repsonses that diagreed with me have been clouded by the graphical and story advances thereby becoming blind to this metaphorical spit in the face. If this game has not left ones console it is simply because there is nothing else but shooters fresh on the market. I have finished the game and have all the achievements just like the last two, but that I feel doesnt detract from my ability to rant but empowers it. Take the newness away and it is the second worse of the series, or is the frontier not the kingdom of Altairs game part 2. All im saying that they obviously dont care about us and dont fool yourself we will not be able to influence any changes, to think otherwise is daft. This is not mass effect and bioware we will have to live with the story and that is it. An individual is intelligent, people are sheep, we cannot allow that to ring true fellow assasins we must speak out aand if noone else will, i will. Though as ive said and in closing we are the only ones reading these things and nothing will change, good luck assasins and have fun with ezio, because though connor is a solid character they dropped the ball with his game.
Game`s still in my Console, though..

Having fun with Connor more than I had with Ezio...So Yeah.. Just sayin..

MRperiod
11-17-2012, 11:44 PM
you know i actualy would like a refund

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 11:45 PM
you know i actualy would like a refund
Now you`v lost all credibility..

MRperiod
11-17-2012, 11:47 PM
if you think thats what i meant you misunderstood i was referring to fact that the gameplay and application of abilities has changed. for example, where did the hookblade go? and why at fort wolcott does he he use a similar tactic with his tomohawk and at no other time is that possible. read the whole stament before you speak, otherwise you will miss the point.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 11:48 PM
if you think thats what i meant you misunderstood i was referring to fact that the gameplay and application of abilities has changed. for example, where did the hookblade go? and why at fort wolcott does he he use a similar tactic with his tomohawk and at no other time is that possible. read the whole stament before you speak, otherwise you will miss the point.
No.. I do not miss the point..

I just do not agree with it. and find your preaching quite nauseating..

Chocoburger
11-17-2012, 11:49 PM

I love you. Er... not too much, but just a tiny bit. :o

MRperiod
11-17-2012, 11:49 PM
no way i do not want all thes to be the same read fool read.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 11:50 PM
no way i do not want all thes to be the same read fool read.
I think you`re the one that needs to read..

And No, I do not agree with you saying I`m a fool.. No

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 12:05 AM
The Frontier is more than 'The Kingdom II'.

The Kingdom II is The Mountains (in AC2). Terribly small I might say.

The Frontier is The Kingdom III, and dare I say, the best in the series.

rocketxsurgeon
11-18-2012, 02:08 AM
I actually enjoyed AC3 to an extent. It is a bit unpolished in areas and the story was a bit of a let down but i still enjoyed it. The one thing i really disliked was the final chase, that really highlighted some unpolished areas in gameplay and the awkwardness of the R1 button being both run and climb. That frustrated me a great deal. (To the point where i stopped playing for a few days, then returned to it).
What i really loved about AC3 was [spoilers removed]. I really liked that.
The ending felt rushed to me and i think the game lost flow towards the end. Connor's ending wasn't that bad in comparison to Desmond's. (But both were rushed).
As far as Connor's character goes, i connected with him and empathised a great deal at the beginning when the fire took place, after that he became very difficult to relate to at all. I found myself trying to relate to him (as i did with Ezio), but there was no opportunity to. In fact, as the game progressed i began to almost dislike him. My favourite character was actually Haytham.

MRperiod
11-18-2012, 06:19 AM
and to i say that i am man enough to admit i would be wrong. i seriously doubt it it as this is rumured to be either the last or next to last title. but it is refreshing to see someone levellheaded for once.

MRperiod
11-18-2012, 06:20 AM
to rid the world of idiots like yourself...jexx, and yes you too assasin m

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 06:21 AM
to rid the world of idiots like yourself...
Who ? Me ?

MRperiod
11-18-2012, 06:21 AM
actioms speak louder than words

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 06:22 AM
actioms speak louder than words
Again, Who ? me ?

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 06:29 AM
to rid the world of idiots like yourself...jexx, and yes you too assasin m
Oh Wow..I...... didn't know you feel that way...I guess.....I guess I`m sorry...I really am...I`m gonna die anyway, so you`ll get your wish sooner or later and be rid of Idiots like me:)

I`m so Happy you`ll get your wish sooner or later:)

And I guess Jexx is an Idiot because he disagrees with you..Anyone who disagrees with you can go to hell it seems..

pirate1802
11-18-2012, 06:30 AM
First: Keep those spoilers off.
Second: Nothing world shaking about that ..spoilery stuff. It happens all the times. And why not? Which rule book says only Desmond can use the Animus? Jeez, talk about overreacting.

MRperiod
11-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Ive said my piece, and to tell the truth it was said in a public platform yes which implies disagreement or derision but to be honest it was said in hopes of ubisoft possibly reading the discussion period. to each their own i just felt and need to say my part to let them know that not everyone, not just me, does NOT like every decision they have made or constant shift within their company to shove out every game. to state the obvious there has been no wait with games every year just different games with the same title. But as i said i just hoped to start a conversation to show concern, not to induce infighting amongst the fans but to invoke awareness of discontent.

pirate1802
11-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Just don't assume you speak for every fan OP. Just speak about yourself and you have every right to voice your opinion. However, if you make yourself the spokesperson of the legion of disappointed fans, then I'm sorry I'll have to disagree.

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Just don't assume you speak for every fan OP. Just speak about yourself and you have every right to voice your opinion. However, if you make yourself the spokesperson of the legion of disappointed fans, then I'm sorry I'll have to disagree.
Anyone who disagrees with him is an Idiot it seems..

Black_Widow9
11-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Please make sure you posting in the correct Forum directed to you by the Sticky and Announcement if you are posting Spoilers.
AC Hints and Tips Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

Also, make sure you contact Ubisoft Support and let them know of any issues you are having.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

After that please feel free to post this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Bugs & Issues Thread *Possible Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720981)

Thanks ;)