PDA

View Full Version : Turn Off Hints!!!

SomaXD
11-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Seriously after the millionth time past sequence 6 i thought it would go away, but no... up to sequence 10 right now and i still get "PRESS X TO BACK EJECT" or "ROTATE TO PICK LOCK"

it really ruins a lot of immersion when the game holds your hand through THE ENTIRE GAME... seriously, i dont need those hints to pop up after the first tutorial the game shoves at us... let us turn them off at the very least. WHY FORCE IT ON US? Does Ubisoft think we are all stupid and cant figure it out after the tutorial? because its really patronizing to have my hand held when i didnt ask for it.

Hey Ubisoft... im not stupid, i dont need you telling me im stupid by giving me hints when i dont need them, k? thanks.

(and please... if theres actually a way to turn it off, someone tell me because if gone through every option and havent found it)

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Over reacting..

SomaXD
11-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Over reacting..

well im glad they helped you when you didnt know to press back and x during the last sequence... games that dont have constant hints must be hard huh?. look.. im not asking for something impossible... its such a minor thing, why not give us the option to turn it off... some people dont like to constantly see text telling them what to do throughout the game. you need it, fine i get it, its too hard for you... but for everyone else, we dont need to see it after the first time.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 12:35 AM
its such a minor thing
Exactly..

Lass4r
11-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Don't let M get to you. It's legitimate feedback. Not something I've been bothered by yet, but it seems fair to be able to turn it off. I'm sure the devs appreciate the criticism =)

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Don't let M get to you. It's legitimate feedback. Not something I've been bothered by yet, but it seems fair to be able to turn it off. I'm sure the devs appreciate the criticism =)
In the Feedback thread..

Yeah... You fail again..Nice try, though

Lass4r
11-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Noones "failing" here. You didn't tell him/her to post in the feedback thread, you belittled the argument.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Noones "failing" here. You didn't tell him/her to post in the feedback thread, you belittled the argument.
Which I can do..

I have the freedom to think something is over reaction...Just like anyone has the freedom to call me fanboy..Just like you have the freedom to poke your nose at anything that does not concern you..

I think he`s over-reacting...Yeah

kudos17
11-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I think it's irritating, too. There was a way to turn off hints in previous AC games, but I think you had to disable part of the useful HUD to do it... kind of annoying that there's no simple "Disable Hints" option (that I know of).

Black_Widow9
11-17-2012, 03:32 AM
There are quite a few changes you can make under Options then HUD. You can turn off Controls so I'm pretty sure that would solve your problem. ;)

SomaXD
12-11-2012, 01:26 AM
There are quite a few changes you can make under Options then HUD. You can turn off Controls so I'm pretty sure that would solve your problem. ;)

yes but this turns off ALL controls (including the puppet controls) i like knowing what button does what when im pressing different ones, but i dont need it shoved in my face like the tutorial controls that never go away... at the very least they could make those two different options to turn off independently.

EnChains
03-15-2013, 09:18 PM
I would also appreciate an option to turn off hints/tooltips.

SaintPerkele
03-16-2013, 03:03 PM
This has my full support, especially in naval warfare. It took out so much challenge that crosswinds and big waves could have been. Instead, the game tells you exactly what to do and when to do it.
The new AC games just take your hand and lead you through it. I have the feeling that certain hints in main story missions even take out a lot of freedom as they show you "the only correct way" to complete the mission.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-16-2013, 06:21 PM
They probably know 9 year olds are playing this game...so they be doing that.Gonna turn of naval hud like a bawz.

Lord Morganor
10-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Seriously after the millionth time past sequence 6 i thought it would go away, but no... up to sequence 10 right now and i still get "PRESS X TO BACK EJECT" or "ROTATE TO PICK LOCK"

it really ruins a lot of immersion when the game holds your hand through THE ENTIRE GAME... seriously, i dont need those hints to pop up after the first tutorial the game shoves at us... let us turn them off at the very least. WHY FORCE IT ON US? Does Ubisoft think we are all stupid and cant figure it out after the tutorial? because its really patronizing to have my hand held when i didnt ask for it.

Hey Ubisoft... im not stupid, i dont need you telling me im stupid by giving me hints when i dont need them, k? thanks.

(and please... if theres actually a way to turn it off, someone tell me because if gone through every option and havent found it)

this worked for me..in hud options just turn the updates section off and not the tutorials section..god knows why.

UbiJustin
10-14-2015, 05:15 PM
There is an option in Assassin's Creed Syndicate to turn off Tutorials in the HUD settings.

SomaXD
10-28-2015, 01:08 AM
There is an option in Assassin's Creed Syndicate to turn off Tutorials in the HUD settings.

great... can we update Unity to give us the option to remove "Tips" while were at it?

Press R3 to hide HUD except this tip box which shows up after youve ALREADY PRESSED R3! EVERY TIME. Jesus how hard is it to make a proper HUD or give us proper options... were not all 3 year olds you know.

HDinHB
10-28-2015, 01:30 AM
Sometimes it's hard to tell. :nonchalance:

LoyalACFan
10-28-2015, 03:02 AM
I've almost grown to love the "back eject" prompt and its abject refusal to die. It's been the only constant presence throughout AC2, ACB, ACRev, AC3, AC3L, AC4, ACRo, ACU, and ACS. Literally every single time a back eject is available, it pops up. Every time. It's almost like an in-joke at this point :p

Xstantin
10-28-2015, 03:12 AM
a bit OT but I still can't figure out if there's a way to hide minimap which is even more bothersome than hints for me

Tyrion74
01-17-2016, 06:41 PM
In the Feedback thread..

Yeah... You fail again..Nice try, though

You know, you're a complete *****! The OP has a very valid point...hence why I stumbled upon this thread in the first place. If you can't respond with a friendly or helpful point then don't post at all.

Sesheenku
01-17-2016, 09:37 PM
Definitely an overreaction. Hole the R3 button and you can turn off all the HUD, not sure if that includes hints.

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2016, 10:17 PM
Definitely an overreaction. Hole the R3 button and you can turn off all the HUD, not sure if that includes hints.

This thread was made years before Unity.

Also, Unity is the only AC game with a seamless HUD on/off switch sadly... I don't understand why Syndicate removed such a handy feature.

Sesheenku
01-17-2016, 10:31 PM
This thread was made years before Unity.

Also, Unity is the only AC game with a seamless HUD on/off switch sadly... I don't understand why Syndicate removed such a handy feature.

Oh my, I hadn't realized the thread had been necroed. Ah well.

Yeah pretty lame they removed it, hate crawling through menus for that kinda junk.