PDA

View Full Version : The Great Fire of New York?

kuled2012
11-16-2012, 10:39 PM
I swear I saw in an interview Alex Hutchinson saying Connor would be in this event and saying the game would show us what exactly happened there yet it wasn't in the game? And the effects of this event are clearly seen in the game since New York is half burnt. It was my favourite historical event I was looking forward to in the game too :( am I missing something here like a DLC or something?

zhengyingli
11-16-2012, 11:30 PM
It was in one of the trailers, but the fire tech wasn't that great. Maybe that's why they removed it.

TrueAssassin77
11-16-2012, 11:43 PM
probably was in the game... but instead of putting it in, they cut it out instead of condensing haythams prolouge..............

InfectedNation
11-17-2012, 12:00 AM
probably was in the game... but instead of putting it in, they cut it out instead of condensing haythams prolouge..............

You made a thread about this already... be quiet and stop taking this off-topic.

It was in one of the trailers, but the fire tech wasn't that great. Maybe that's why they removed it.

The devs said that the fire was orginally part of the game but had to be cut because they weren't satisfied with what they could do technically... most likely because current-gen consoles couldn't handle it. And I think you are mistaken about seeing it in trailers, you probably saw the snippets of the Fort Walcott mission which involve escaping through a fire. This featured in the story trailer and some others.

TrueAssassin77
11-17-2012, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=InfectedNation;8706108]You made a thread about this already... be quiet and stop taking this off-topic.

ill post whatever i want. stop trolling bro.

Mega8BitPanda
11-17-2012, 12:03 AM
The devs said that the fire was orginally part of the game but had to be cut because they weren't satisfied with what they could do technically... most likely because current-gen consoles couldn't handle it. And I think you are mistaken about seeing it in trailers, you probably saw the snippets of the Fort Walcott mission which involve escaping through a fire. This featured in the story trailer and some others.

I think there was some beta image captures during E3/slightly before though I could be wrong. It was definitely some flames from rooftops in a city, not the fort. However, it was featured in an article which claimed the same reason for it being cut.

Gianavel
11-17-2012, 12:37 AM
[QUOTE=InfectedNation;8706108]You made a thread about this already... be quiet and stop taking this off-topic.

ill post whatever i want. stop trolling bro.

Point of order: Attempting to deride a thread into something other than the original topic actually IS trolling. Since that's what your post was attempting to do, I'll submit that you are the one who should "stop trolling bro".

zhengyingli
11-17-2012, 12:57 AM
You made a thread about this already... be quiet and stop taking this off-topic.

I could be wrong because it might be Charlestown, but have a look at 00:38:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_lCNKW_l4U

Again I might be wrong. Feel free to correct me on that.

TrueAssassin77
11-17-2012, 01:07 AM
[QUOTE=TrueAssassin77;8706114]

Point of order: Attempting to deride a thread into something other than the original topic actually IS trolling. Since that's what your post was attempting to do, I'll submit that you are the one who should "stop trolling bro".

he asked why isn't the event in game....
i answered with ehat i believe why it isn't in game

you are off-topic by wrongly telling me, im off-topic. now we are both off-topic. thanks genius

kuled2012
11-17-2012, 11:54 AM

This is clearly irrelevant to the topic at hand, please don't derail it. Just found in the wiki in the New York page's trivia as to why it wasn't in the game, unfortunately it was too difficult to make civilians reacting to the fires. Could've been a cutscene I guess but then no gameplay would've been in that. A shame really. :(

WiriestScroll3
11-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Everything interesting will be removed! I cant believe this.

kuled2012
11-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Not the developer's fault to be fair. It's not like they wanted to put it out.

twenty_glyphs
11-17-2012, 02:55 PM
It is the developers' fault. They're the ones who failed to get the event working in a satisfactory way. I'm not saying it was easy, but it's still your fault if you try to do something too ambitious and can't make it work. The annoying part is that they publicly announced it as a given for the game and then couldn't get it to work. I'd think they would have known even back when the game was announced if this feature looked ready and likely to make the final cut.

Many other features mentioned in the first months of marketing were also cut. Citizens don't approach you for missions, lakes don't freeze over during winter, and that whole woman dropping her apples and then someone stealing them that you could choose to chase. That was talked about like it was part of the random crowd dynamic, but it's just in the game as a scripted sequence when Haytham first arrives in Boston. This game was just ridiculously too ambitious for its own good, and that really pulled it down. All the cut features and story moments are probably why the game often feels so disjointed.