PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Connor Such A Dull Character?

conor122
11-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Let me start by saying I enjoyed AC3, and it was a very fun game to play. However, I did find Connor Kenway to be an extremely bland, monotone character.

Without trying to spoil the game for others, he has an extremely valid reason to be angry, vengfull and spitefull towards certain characters in the game, but he never presented feelings like this during the game. The homestead missions are another good example of this dissconnection with the character. When Norris gets married, or the women gives birth in the woods, or protecting the blacksmith from the redcoats, he would literally stand there and splurt out blatently obvious statements, in a very formal, almost uncomfortable tone. Does he ever get excited or scared, or does he forever sit in the grey, murky, emotionless place?

What made it even worse for me was the fact he was surrounded by exceptionally good characters, almost everyone I met whilst playing as Connor was outstandingly well written, especially Achilles. I hope they either decide to get rid of Connor in future games, or decide to give him a personality, because I felt little connection to the character.

:rolleyes:

RatonhnhakeFan
11-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Nope :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 09:56 PM
So... What are you hoping for with this thread ? An answer ? From whom ? Ubi Gabe ? Corey May ? telling you "Ah Yeah sorry I was drunk while writing Connor" ? I hate how everyone thinks that ANYTHING needs it`s own thread.

We have a feedback thread. DOZENS of threads about Connor.. USE THOSE

TrueAssassin77
11-16-2012, 09:57 PM
You are just use to ezoos cliche personality

And connor being dull is an opinion

winthro
11-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Okay, to be honest. Does this forum really need yet another thread how Connor is dull/boring/stupid/naive?

twenty_glyphs
11-16-2012, 10:10 PM
What would you have me do?

Khaos7712
11-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I didn't used to like Connor but have warmed to him. People would have complained if they created a carbon copy of Ezio, at least he is something different.

conor122
11-16-2012, 10:19 PM
haha sorry guys didn't know there were threads for this already :o

And yes, it is my opinion, to which im entitled. The purpose of this thread (shown clearly in the title) was to see if others agreed. Obviously, due to what your telling me about the multitude of other threads relating to this, others do. Glad i'm not the only one.

Again, sorry for clogging up the forums with repeat threads, I know how frustrating this can be.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-16-2012, 10:20 PM
haha sorry guys didn't know there were threads for this already :o

And yes, it is my opinion, to which im entitled. The purpose of this thread (shown clearly in the title) was to see if others agreed. Obviously, due to what your telling me about the multitude of other threads relating to this, others do. Glad i'm not the only one.

Again, sorry for clogging up the forums with repeat threads, I know how frustrating this can be.Yep, you're not the only one. There are also plenty of people who love his character.

MT4K
11-16-2012, 10:32 PM
You may find better discussions regarding this topic in hints and tips. There's been threads before made similar to this and because it was in hints and tips it could go into more detail with spoilers. Please check there for a thread to use :).