PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the Uk Steam Prepurchase

SeidoN_
11-16-2012, 09:07 PM
still to this day I cannot prepurchase AC3 on Steam, but its available in all other regions. are we gonna see it on Steam in the UK??

Joyner08
11-16-2012, 09:38 PM
I sent Mr_Shade a PM about this, he said he would try and find something out, but these things take time to be communicated to Valve and back I assume.

Mr_Shade
11-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Hi guys,

I'm sorry but I have no news about this - have you thought of contacting Steam and asking ? - it can sometimes be quicker for a customer to ask - since I have to go through a lot more hoops.

dex3108BL
11-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Trust me Shade Steam support is ultra slow. They will answer after 3-4 days or even 7. :D It will be way quicker if you ask Ubi guys :D

Joyner08
11-17-2012, 11:43 PM
I have just received a reply from Steam about this problem:

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello,

Unfortunately, this game is not currently available in your territory from Steam.

We are unable to release any information on whether this game will be made available in your area.

Please refer to the Steam store for all news and information on the availability of this game on Steam.

The Steam storefront can be found through the following link:
http://store.steampowered.com/

Let us know if you have any further questions.

looks like they don't want to share what's wrong, if anything :(

Dellers
11-18-2012, 12:06 AM
That's a pretty arrogant answer. It's like when Rockstar are saying that they have no information whether or not there will be a PC version of GTA V or not. How hard is it to give people a yes or a no? I'm not even British, but your situation here really p*sses me off!

SeidoN_
11-18-2012, 12:41 AM
i caved and ordered from GMG. they have a 30% off code so it was hard to pass up. i have only ever ordered from steam, or retail games that activate on steam, but they have dropped the ball on this one so im going for the better deal

Joyner08
11-18-2012, 02:59 PM
i caved and ordered from GMG. they have a 30% off code so it was hard to pass up. i have only ever ordered from steam, or retail games that activate on steam, but they have dropped the ball on this one so im going for the better deal

I ordered a physical standard edition from Amazon, I was looking at the GMG one to but decided I'd like a boxed product to add to my shelf :p

I'll just buy the season pass separately from the ubishop before christmas some time. A shame Steam couldn't sort stuff out earlier.

Pleasefixmyacc
11-18-2012, 03:05 PM

Yea im thinking of doing that too. Just have to wait for ubisoft to cancel my order.

masterermac
11-19-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm very curious about this whole ordeal as well. I have my reasons to buy the Assassin's Creed games from steam, and the lack of any news about it, 3 days away from launch is really annoying. Does anyone have any new details they can share on this?