PDA

View Full Version : Connors "Blessing"?

xboxauditore
11-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this but I just wanted to ask, What does Connor say before he skins an Animal? Is it a Native American Term?

MT4K
11-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this but I just wanted to ask, What does Connor say before he skins an Animal? Is it a Native American Term?

"Yawa" it means "Thank You"

jamgamerforever
11-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Nia:wen. It means "thank you" in Mohawk.

xboxauditore
11-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Oh right, Connor's Thanking the land for it's gift belief, I always thought he was saying something like "Be at peace"

MT4K
11-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Nia:wen. It means "thank you" in Mohawk.

Yes that. I just write it as Yawa because it's sort of how it sounds :p.

jamgamerforever
11-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Yes that. I just write it as Yawa because it's sort of how it sounds :p.

Yeah, it does. I know quite a few people think he's saying "llamo" which is spanish... and doesn't make sense.

So "Yama" is still closer than most! ;)

xboxauditore
11-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Native American Tongue is so hard to grasp, After AC2 I used some Italian Phrases now and again (Hehe, Calling people Cazzo) But when I heard the Native American speech I was staring at my screen like they were speaking Klingon or something lol

jamgamerforever
11-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Native American Tongue is so hard to grasp, After AC2 I used some Italian Phrases now and again (Hehe, Calling people Cazzo) But when I heard the Native American speech I was staring at my screen like they were speaking Klingon or something lol

After searching the internets, there are actually some nice websites that teach you how their pronunciations work. It's completely different to English. Moreso than Latin in many places.