PDA

View Full Version : Haytham Would Make a Great Protagonist for a Prequel

bruise2010
11-16-2012, 01:36 PM
I hate prequels, but I really loved Haytham as a character, I enjoy his badass, yet posh demeanour. Definitely one of the most interesting characters in the new time period.

Cheers!

lothario-da-be
11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
I already made a thread about this before but there are not much people who want to play as Haytham again, sadly...

ProdiGurl
11-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm with you guys, I loved Haytham - so plain & polished wrapped up in BADness. Intriguing character for sure.
Possibly worthy of some DLC.

lothario-da-be
11-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Or a complete new game in England

Crouching.Tiger
11-16-2012, 02:28 PM
I can't really decide what I want more; a Haytham Prequel or a French Revolution Sequel. I hope they do both.

tgow2010
11-16-2012, 02:56 PM
I'd love a Haytham prequel, even a few DLC episodes, set in early 17th century London! Such a historic city with so many big buildings to climb, old carriages, etc.

Apirka
11-16-2012, 03:11 PM
More Haytham is always awesome, imo :D Though I fear they might not do that because we already have Forsaken exploring his past...

CRANK 132
11-16-2012, 03:17 PM
His story would be flawed as we would already know what happens. He starts off as an Assassin; becomes a Templar and is killed by his son - every game has ended in a cliffhanger so far, how would they achieve this when we already know Haytham's conclusion?

Plus I really didn't like Haytham so wouldn't want to play as him again although DLC is always a good idea as we can choose whether to play it or not - as long as it is not included in the season pass.

xboxauditore
11-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Sure we know he was an Assassin that turned Templar, But it would still be cool to see the Templar view in a Game or DLC, Plus It would be here in England! Yay!

Elegana
11-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Well, I'm happy with the Forsaken novel that features more of Haytham. I really want another game with Connor. If I get to play as Connor once more, then I'm really happy. If the setting is in the French Revolution, then I'm even more happy and I'll even get the Collector's/Ultimate/Limited/Whatever edition.

TrueAssassin77
11-16-2012, 04:49 PM
haytham was the worst part of AC3. if his part was 2 hrs or less, those other 3 to 4 hours could have been spent fleshing out Connor's character, connecting events in a more seamless fashion, actually having Connor training instead of "6 months later"

haytham's part shorten the main storyline far to much. we could have had The Battle of Saratoga, and alot of other stuff that was promised to us in demos. but haythem's overly long section literally condensed the game....

all that stuff that got taken out? imagine if Connor had gotten ideally 3-4 hrs more of showtime...

they should have made a short film for haytham... thats what they did for ezios dad....

i didn't buy the game to play as haytham... i bought the game to play as Connor The Native American Assassin

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Well that's definitely just your opinion, because for me he wasn't a bad part but a really good part of AC3. IMO Haytham was a really good character all around. I have gripes with Connor's personality, but I'd like to have an option to free roam as EITHER Connor or Haytham, since both were playable in the game. If Ubisoft could just make that an option, I'd be a really happy person. For the Haytham free roam, all they'd have to do is set it in a different year, and open up the frontier and New York for Haytham. It'd be redcoats everywhere, it wouldn't be the Homestead, but it'd be really neat.