PDA

View Full Version : Help With Research

ToviG
11-16-2012, 11:16 AM
I am writing a research paper on gaming aesthetics. It is specifically about why people enjoy Assassin's Creed. I was hoping that some people would be willing to help me with my research. All I need is for whoever helps just to tell me what you like about Assassin's Creed. (It can be from any of the games.) Thanks.

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 11:21 AM
I like the History intorgrated into both the fiction and sci-fi, I love the revolutionary gameplay, I love the compelling story lines...
I'll help, tell me what you specifficaly want to know and i'll tell you, as long as I get a copy, and welcome to the forums

ToviG
11-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Thank You for the help. I will be sure to post a copy. So far there is nothing specific that i can think of to ask but any information at all will help. Can you explain what you mean by revolutionary gameplay?

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 11:48 AM
What other game can you scale buildings (and most recently trees) what other game introduces 'free-running' and having to alter your tactics in NIGHT or DAY, SUMMER or WINTER, this is what I mean, it's a revaluation

ProdiGurl
11-16-2012, 12:02 PM
So much to add but I'll try to condense

Love the whole Assassin concept - that it wasn't done cheaply or cliche'
That you can travel back in time to different eras & important/historic events as your backdrop
Historic realism
That there's an assassin lineage & the protagonist changes in the series
Great Protagonists w/ different personalities/issues/qualities
Attention to detail
More depth of story-line & plot
Missions that get you to think and plan ahead
Combat/weaponry revolves around different time periods
Stealth
Assassin Recruits/Recruiting system
Eagle Vision
Great soundtracks that set mood & tone of the game
Graphics quality
Variety from game to game
A good means of a monetary system (particularly w/ AC3's intro to crafters/trading/hunting)
No fetch quests :p
Element of mystery in earlier games
Devs that listen to fan input and act on it

There's no game like AC, it's unique and distinct and a pleasure to play and replay. It's the whole vibe it gives off for me.

ToviG
11-16-2012, 07:14 PM
:D I found lot of information that i can use from these posts.

scooper121s
11-17-2012, 12:50 AM
:D I found lot of information that i can use from these posts.
Do you sill need more? or is that enough?

ToviG
11-17-2012, 10:45 PM
I think this might be enough. I don't have a set amount for the information i need but if you have anymore that you would like to add that would be great. :D The more things added the more sub-topics I can add. The paper has to be 2,000 words. :nonchalance:

revolution165
11-17-2012, 10:49 PM
OPA, iae Galera hoje vou ta Disponibilizando para Vocês Meu Canal, La vai ter Vários Detonados de Jogos Como Assassin Creed II, se Gostarem do Meu Canal Comentem Os Videos, Dê um Like e Favorite

BBALive
11-17-2012, 10:50 PM
If it's about aesthetics then surely you should be focusing on the visual aspect of the games?

R.T-Shanks
11-17-2012, 11:02 PM
My favorite thing about Assassin's Creed is the freedom of movement both on the horizontal and the vertical. You can run on the streets sure, but maybe you want to jump rooftops to rooftops instead. Practically everything is climbable and you'll probably want to climb it.

This is a hugely important part of Assassin's Creed for me because it made backtracking and exploring less tedious mainly because it's fun to just free run.

That's one of things I didn't like about GTA or Saint's Row because you're kind of limited in the way you move, sure you can get a Helicopter or something but the game was designed more to be on the ground you know?

Khaos7712
11-18-2012, 12:15 AM
I now realize it was Ezio that kept me playing.

ToviG
11-18-2012, 12:17 AM
If it's about aesthetics then surely you should be focusing on the visual aspect of the games?

I normally would focus on visual aspects but the question I chose was why people enjoy assassin's creed, which could be the visual aspect, the storyline, etc.

ToviG
11-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I now realize it was Ezio that kept me playing.
What is it about Ezio that you like or kept you playing?

ToviG
11-18-2012, 12:24 AM
My favorite thing about Assassin's Creed is the freedom of movement both on the horizontal and the vertical. You can run on the streets sure, but maybe you want to jump rooftops to rooftops instead. Practically everything is climbable and you'll probably want to climb it.

This is a hugely important part of Assassin's Creed for me because it made backtracking and exploring less tedious mainly because it's fun to just free run.

That's one of things I didn't like about GTA or Saint's Row because you're kind of limited in the way you move, sure you can get a Helicopter or something but the game was designed more to be on the ground you know?
:D I know what you mean. Other than attempting to stealth assassinate people, i like to climb buildings and run around on the roofs. It makes it easier to get around in the cities. I hate when i'm running on the ground and I end up running into people.

ToviG
12-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Here is my research paper. I had to shorten some info it. It was supposed to be 2,000 words but i went over. Realized that i forgot one section but i already emailed to to my professor and printed it out.:nonchalance: http://www.scribd.com/doc/115901469/The-Appeal-of-The-Creed-How-Assassin-s-Creed-Works-As-An-Interactive-Narrative