PDA

View Full Version : didn't Haytham really know? (SPOILER)

e_3_gaming
11-16-2012, 03:34 AM
do u think Haytham really didn't know what happened to Conner's village?

RatonhnhakeFan
11-16-2012, 03:47 AM
He knew but I don't think he knew Kaniehti:io was there & died so he didn't really care

Aries_Dragon
11-16-2012, 03:52 AM
Affirmative :D Kenway did not know of what happened to Connor's home village. First off he didn't even know he had a son, not speaking of being aware of his location or his mother's domicile. Second, I'm pretty sure Haythem had many other important affairs to deal with other than getting involved in destroyng indian villages. Third, Haytham is just not the kind of person who tends to lie when it comes to escaping liability. Imo

Scystab
11-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Haytham found out when he heared stories about a fierce mohawk boy who slaughters templars and their plans (boston tea part, marthas wineyard etc...).

He connected the dots and simply knew or should i say assumed Washington ordered the attack along with Charles Lee. Charles also told haytham that during an attack on a village, Ziio (Connor's mother) died. The attacks occured while Haytham was away, trying to find his sister in Europe and doing other templar bussines.
How ever, Haytham did not have any evidence that Washington burned the village, thus not telling Connor, because of their awkward relationship and Connor would not believe him, since he sort of idolised Washington. Haytham told Connor about the truth as soon as he found solid evidence.

And as for Haytham being awere of his son:
The part in the novel, where Haytham is sent BACK to America, several years after he had a relationship with Ziio, starts with Haytham setting a question "Is it possible, do i have a son?". Then, after he meets his fellow templars ther, who tell him what happened (Connor killing templars and all that), he was more and more certain that Connor is Ziio's and his son.
Haytham saw Ziio in Connors eyes and attitude and his assumptions about him having a son became a reality.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Haytham found out when he heared stories about a fierce mohawk boy who slaughters templars and their plans (boston tea part, marthas wineyard etc...).

He connected the dots and simply knew or should i say assumed Washington ordered the attack along with Charles Lee. Charles also told haytham that during an attack on a village, Ziio (Connor's mother) died. The attacks occured while Haytham was away, trying to find his sister in Europe and doing other templar bussines.
How ever, Haytham did not have any evidence that Washington burned the village, thus not telling Connor, because of their awkward relationship and Connor would not believe him, since he sort of idolised Washington. Haytham told Connor about the truth as soon as he found solid evidence.

And as for Haytham being awere of his son:
The part in the novel, where Haytham is sent BACK to America, several years after he had a relationship with Ziio, starts with Haytham setting a question "Is it possible, do i have a son?". Then, after he meets his fellow templars ther, who tell him what happened (Connor killing templars and all that), he was more and more certain that Connor is Ziio's and his son.
Haytham saw Ziio in Connors eyes and attitude and his assumptions about him having a son became a reality.

Where'd you get all this from? The novel? It goes up through the ACIII storyline?

Elegana
11-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Where'd you get all this from? The novel? It goes up through the ACIII storyline?
Assassin's Creed: Forsaken is probably where he got it. The Novel doesn't come out until Dec. 4th. But yeah, the novel goes more indepth with Haytham. Honestly, it pisses me off that I have to find all this out by reading a novel. It should have been in the game.

Scystab
11-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Yep, the novel. And the novel is already out. I got mine last week :) I belive the 4th december is a release date from another publisher, because I bought mine from "Pinguin books". The Bookdepository had 3 different AC: Forsaken offers, 2 were released last week.

And no it does not go through the whole story line. It tells the life of Haytham and it includes some of his encounters in America, which i think are also in the game, but i don't know how much or how many, because the PC version is not out yet so i haven't played it yet.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Assassin's Creed: Forsaken is probably where he got it. The Novel doesn't come out until Dec. 4th. But yeah, the novel goes more indepth with Haytham. Honestly, it pisses me off that I have to find all this out by reading a novel. It should have been in the game.

Agree. This is the "Star Wars Prequel Trilogy" mistake. Important stuff gets relegated to companion products. This is NOT how you tell a story. Haytham's pre-AC3 life is something that can be explored in companion products, not stuff that is key part of to the main product's story.

@Scystab
Who tells Ratonhnhaké:ton about Haytham in the novel? Achilles or Kaniehti:io?

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Agree. This is the "Star Wars Prequel Trilogy" mistake. Important stuff gets relegated to companion products. This is NOT how you tell a story. Haytham's pre-AC3 life is something that can be explored in companion products, not stuff that is key part of to the main product's story.

@Scystab
Who tells Ratonhnhaké:ton about Haytham in the novel? Achilles or Kaniehti:io?

Someone on another thread said that he was reading Kaniehti:io's journal when she comes into their home. That's what he's hiding from her. So I guess when it shows her talking, it's actually Connor reading her journal. I guess.

Elegana
11-17-2012, 02:44 AM
Yep, the novel. And the novel is already out. I got mine last week :) I belive the 4th december is a release date from another publisher, because I bought mine from "Pinguin books". The Bookdepository had 3 different AC: Forsaken offers, 2 were released last week.

And no it does not go through the whole story line. It tells the life of Haytham and it includes some of his encounters in America, which i think are also in the game, but i don't know how much or how many, because the PC version is not out yet so i haven't played it yet.
The December 4th release is for the United States. UK fans got it early, apparently.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-17-2012, 03:07 AM
Someone on another thread said that he was reading Kaniehti:io's journal when she comes into their home. That's what he's hiding from her. So I guess when it shows her talking, it's actually Connor reading her journal. I guess.
Well, that would make sense. And at the same time, Ubisoft could NOT make it any less NOT obvious lol. I did wonder what was the journal deal with and why the camera angles implied that there was something important in it.

Elegana
11-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Well, that would make sense. And at the same time, Ubisoft could NOT make it any less NOT obvious lol. I did wonder what was the journal deal with and why the camera angles implied that there was something important in it.
Am I the only one who had no idea what Connor was reading at the time? At first, I thought it was just some random book. I had no idea or any clue that it was a journal.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-17-2012, 04:50 AM
Am I the only one who had no idea what Connor was reading at the time? At first, I thought it was just some random book. I had no idea or any clue that it was a journal.
I knew it was something he wasn't supposed to read 'cause he was all sneaking and stuff, but it never occured to me it's his mom's journal and the loading screen before that scene was her narrating from her Journal and that's how Ratonhnhaké:ton learnt about Haytham